How I turned £3000 into £20,000 in 6 Weeks

Aston1st

Jun 10, 2005
London
Call me a 'Hater' lol but I can't believe a word Aston said . £750 a point on the Dax hahahaha . The very same Dax that rips through bids and offers in a few seconds and moves 20 points .

Yeah right :)
It was true. It was through a spread betting account CMC on their old platform.

One of the reasons why I don't post on forums like these that often is precisely because of "Haters"/Trolls.

Some people are honest and genuinely interested in how others trade while some simply want to start arguments.

That said many of the posters within the thread where positive and helpful in their views, I even took on some of their points on board was encouraged by their positive attitude.

I have also trained up several people who wanted to get into trading on a one to one basis, with positive results.

Last edited:

Aston1st

Jun 10, 2005
London
good question but he's too banned to reply now :cheesy: (y)
It's good to see that moderators are doing their job.

Rereading this post takes me back!

I have started trading again, but have my own YouTube Channel.

The Channel is simply my own views on how I trade the markets and how I got into trading. It's very amateur as I need to get used to the editing stuff.

There is NO single way to trade the markets, we all have to find what method suits us, which financial instrument be it Binary Options :( , Spreadbetting :mad: , CFD's:eek: , naked Stocks :cool: , Futures (y) , Traded Options (y) or Alternative investments :devilish: .

As a trader you have to find what works for you.

Anyone interested in subscribing simply drop me a Private Message.

Last edited:

Windlesham1

Jul 30, 2003
United Kingdom
Eeeeeeew futures- that's gambling- not for me thanks, I don't need stomach ulcers or a heart attack but I dmire your spirit-I have subscribed, but I'm a 100% options trader. All the best

Last edited:

Aston1st

Jun 10, 2005
London
Eeeeeeew futures- that's gambling- not for me thanks, I don't need stomach ulcers or a heart attack but I dmire your spirit-I have subscribed, but I'm a 100% options trader. All the best
Which option broker do you use ?

I actually studied options before I traded futures. However I don't know of a decent Options broker. It would help me plenty when I wish to hold a position for longer and hedge it, at the moment I would have top hedge using a Spread trade either Calendar or inter-market spread.

Windlesham1

Jul 30, 2003
United Kingdom
Yes I saw that on your Youtube clip- I've been with ADM since forever, but it's a telephone service. Saxo bank have a good platform, and I think now you can trade 4-legged strategies. Not sure if you can get real time RFQs though- I doubt it. Options are the City's best kept secret,they hate retail traders taking ££££ off them. I tried to trade cable for 2 years and futures for about 5 years. I just 'get' options but only trade the index- there's almost zero activity on equity options in the UK. I've only had a basic course with Optionetics in 2001 would love to have been with a real firm, so I've been a retail trader since 1999. Had 2 losing years until 2010. However 2018's not over yet! All the best

Aston1st

Jun 10, 2005
London
It's funny as way back I went into my local library and saw a book on options. Read it and understood, I think. then never touch them. then back in 2005 when I studied for my Level III certificate in Derivatives ( Chartered Institutes of Securities and Investments) options was apart of the syllabus. Passed. Later upgraded to Level IV CISI Investment advice diploma (Derivatives) and once again Options was on the Syllabus. At the beginning of this thread you will see one day I lost £62,000 in an afternoon, that was for want of a put option :rolleyes:! I knew the market would be moving upwards but needed some down side protection in the short term. So after all this I have never traded an option ..........................Crazy.

Years back I worked for a Prop firm they had an Option department , which you could have applied for, they were treated like superstars while us Futures traders were the Grunts. When I was prop trading at STA we used to do Butterfly spreads but with Future contracts rather than options.

Are you a full time options trader and if so which strategies do you deploy?

I shall check ADM out thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Windlesham1

Jul 30, 2003
United Kingdom
It's funny as way back I went into my local library and saw a book on options. Read it and understood, I think. then never touch them. then back in 2005 when I studied for my Level III certificate in Derivatives ( Chartered Institutes of Securities and Investments) options was apart of the syllabus. Passed. Later upgraded to Level IV CISI Investment advice diploma (Derivatives) and once again Options was on the Syllabus. At the beginning of this thread you will see one day I lost £62,000 in an afternoon, that was for want of a put option :rolleyes:! I knew the market would be moving upwards but needed some down side protection in the short term. So after all this I have never traded an option ..........................Crazy.

Years back I worked for a Prop firm they had an Option department , which you could have applied for, they were treated like superstars while us Futures traders were the Grunts. When I was prop trading at STA we used to do Butterfly spreads but with Future contracts rather than options.

Are you a full time options trader and if so which strategies do you deploy?

I shall check ADM out thanks for the tip.
I've been full time since 2003 but I do a bit of part time work for a charity-my trading generates a good income,my strategies vary but in essence I sell more options than I buy. I trade near month FTSE -for my blog the recent trades were posted on the options board on Trade2win I think. As the blog has advertising I cannot send the link but if you Googled options investing uk it's about 5th on the list about myths busted etc

Aston1st

Jun 10, 2005
London
Hi Windlesham,

I thought that selling options was very risky, are they hedged by the underlying ?

Thanks for the link shall review it over the Break.

Windlesham1

Jul 30, 2003
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying a put on the FTSE, as trading it outright futures is a bit stressful.
naked buying is as bad as naked selling if you are able check out my blog- I generally advocate a strategy- would you buy an ice cube in a heat wave? Never buy naked when volatility is high-and it IS high. You can find me on Twitter too-forgot about that!

Attachments

Last edited: