How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

The campaign by Metaquotes Software to eradicate those videos has apparently stepped up a bit. Seems everyone just caves in. I wonder what to would cost to sue any sites that left them up...and risk losing. The video showing how to edit the candle size can be done by ANY user on ANY mt4 platform that's available from ANY broker offering it. How is that a copyright claim?

Peter

The campaign by Metaquotes Software to eradicate those videos has apparently stepped up a bit. Seems everyone just caves in. I wonder what to would cost to sue any sites that left them up...and risk losing. The video showing how to edit the candle size can be done by ANY user on ANY mt4 platform that's available from ANY broker offering it. How is that a copyright claim?

Peter

Given the amount of MT4 related advertising I'm sure that some trading forums are just looking for a convenient excuse to delete the videos.

Still it must have made for an unhappy holiday period at Metatrader dashing around the internet looking for these videos. Maybe ECN will ruin their new year as well by posting them all again on Friday evening. Any volunteers for double time this weekend?

Peter

i believe because that part of the meta software isn't in the public domain they can indeed claim copyright and get vids of it removed. though there would appear to be a good argument for fair use, due to the nature of the expose and the apparent clampdown of free speech. the vid hosting sites are being spineless, and you can understand why.

I could be wrong but I believe it's fairly easy to get a legal valid for use registered copy of metatrader manager within 24-48 hours for no cost. Since it's no trading week for me I might have a go at it...depends how much info I want to share to sign up.

Peter

I could be wrong but I believe it's fairly easy to get a legal valid for use registered copy of metatrader manager within 24-48 hours for no cost. Since it's no trading week for me I might have a go at it...depends how much info I want to share to sign up.

Peter

ok but then what will you do? if you make a vid and upload it here it'll likely get deleted?

and wont you have to be a recognised company to download it? they may be unlikely to just dish it out on a free download to any old tom, dick or harry?

ok but then what will you do? if you make a vid and upload it here it'll likely get deleted?

True, so it's not much use. Would only prove a point about public domain. I have a better idea but I'm not keen on getting banned if/when it gets pulled. Besides, I'm not looking to cause headaches for t2w. I like it here. :)

Peter

True, so it's not much use. Would only prove a point about public domain. I have a better idea but I'm not keen on getting banned if/when it gets pulled. Besides, I'm not looking to cause headaches for t2w. I like it here. :)

Peter

i just looked, and its not exactly easy looking to get hold of, its not like it's got a "click here to download" button, a company fieldx in the form is mandatory, i suppose you could try it on, wackyfx ltd lol :D

and wont you have to be a recognised company to download it? they may be unlikely to just dish it out on a free download to any old tom, dick or harry?

You might be surprised at what you can get by going through the right channels. And it may not be as easy as I think either. I'm not sure, is what I am saying.

Peter

i just looked, and its not exactly easy looking to get hold of, its not like it's got a "click here to download" button, a company fieldx in the form is mandatory, i suppose you could try it on, wackyfx ltd lol :D

yes. i also see you can be up and running in 24 hours, so who knows. But I was thinking along different lines. I have to ask an old trading partner who might know.

Not a dull moment. lol

Peter

what the heck was in the video?
and no one knows how to get this video again? it must be in some place else

and is it real?? you think they really do that?!

It is real and they do use tricks like this to defraud customers. We know this because the NFA has already fined some of them for doing it. Google 'forex.com fine', 'Gain Capital fine' or 'Ikon fine' for details.

Some of them do it, some of them don't. Sometimes we see our SL hit but the candle hasn't reach there yet, in fact it's a misquote, price does reach there but the candle isn't able to print it, that's why we could see different candles on different brokers. The best example is during intervention, either Yen or CHF few months ago, we could see that every broker printed different candles, even gap in some.

I usually blame myself everytime the SL is hit though :)

Look, what I have shown is a fraction. This were the inbuilt features of the MT platform. Except for the VD, which you can buy from MetaQuotes at an additionl 5 k or so. Besides that, there are NUMEROUS plugins and different varieties of software for broker and MetaTrader. So lets encourage anyone else who has (balls) a way of exposing that to public.

FYI my videos have been blocked again, courtesy of MetaQuotes. I can't understand why they keep on blocking videos about their software. Are they suddenly ashamed?

For the time being, as someone has already mentioned, they are available on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100003221240488