How easy is it for a broker to stop hunt

So if Bashar Al Assad rings up youtube and claims copyright on this they'll just delete it? Surely there is a way to claim its in the public interest.
that's sure a difficult one for the content host to juggle with. the public interest angle of dirty tricks from a whistle blower vs a thumping great big lawsuit from the plaintiff. babypips have bottled it and removed their thread, splitters! :LOL:

It is corruption at its finest, why can't market makers be content with making money on the spread? greedy b*stards. Luckily I havn't used Mt4 in a while, I now use cTrader fxpro ecn.

I can imagine the discrepencies between brokers, each 1 minute candle or so will vary by a couple of pips, I wonder how many of these brokers have bumped the price up by 1 or 2 pips to hit stops, as moving it in a 10pip spike would be obvious.

It is corruption at its finest, why can't market makers be content with making money on the spread? greedy b*stards. Luckily I havn't used Mt4 in a while, I now use cTrader fxpro ecn.

I can imagine the discrepencies between brokers, each 1 minute candle or so will vary by a couple of pips, I wonder how many of these brokers have bumped the price up by 1 or 2 pips to hit stops, as moving it in a 10pip spike would be obvious.

here's a vid that clearly shows more than you describe there.

Is your broker cheating you like this.mp4 - YouTube

Have heard FXCM stop hunt before from various sources.

Even with their monster spreads? Greed....

In effect, they are nothing more than betting shops, you against the house. But giving the impression they are with you, against the market.

Ah yes, didn't notice that, I wonder how fxcm are still in business?

Pboyles summed it up in an earlier response to FXCM when they attempted to jutify their actions in light of a 2M fine.

"I'm not sure what you're worried about, plenty of your competitors have/will be caught as I'm sure you were all at it. In the end your reputation won't be any worse than the rest. "

Sadly, he' right, they are no worse than many others. Its like asking the question should I get my phone and internet from BT, NTL, Virgin etc. They are all equally sh1t, but you gotta have a phone.

FXCM has previously won a number of T2W awards, and at one time appeared in the sites "preferred brokers" section. When a broker is actively promoted by a trading forum, it generates business for all concerned. As long as they still promote, and as long as entities that claim to be acting in the best interest of traders actively promote and partner with these companies, they'll continue to attract the unwary. FXCM make it easy for IB's to work with them, and if I ever considered becoming an IB and exploiting a few punters, then FXCM is probably who I'd choose, so I cant really blame others for doing the same.

In a rather perverse way, T2W are probably doing people a favour actively promoting this sort of nonsense. The time to learn valuable lessons about bucket shops is at the start of your trading career when dipping a toe into the water. I thank god I lost at most a few hundred dollars due to fraud with various dodgy brokers promoted by forums at the start of my career, it ensures I wont be losing substantially more to similar tricks at the end !

At times, I feel a bit guilty that I didnt give the bucket shops a bit more, the lesson was well worth the price.

Another point that perhaps needs be made is that occassionally spikes do appear due to data feed problems. I've even experienced it with brokers who I believe to be fair and reputable. Its possible that trades triggered by that spike where automatically reversed (and I accept that its also possible that those in favour of the broker where not) We cant really tell without supporting evidence. Even the guy who made the video admits he wasnt affected by the spike, so he doesnt really know what the effects where for FXCM customers.

I dont advocate participation in chat rooms etc, but one of the few benefits you can derive is determning how various brokers are handling other traders positions when such things occur.

At the end of the day, these bucket shops allow us to play a game in a market that previously required accounts of 10M+ to participate in. I hate to say it, but a bit of shinnangins once in a while is possibly the price we pay.

some very good points made by the Hare there. I support his thoughts on the bucket shops. We may occasionally be subject to the odd shafting and stop taking,but probably not as often as you think. They nearly always have better spreads on the majors than the major companies, and often give good benefits and cash back etc.
The main problem with them is their spreads on any pair other than the majors is where you will lose out. Thats why I generally have two accounts up for trading.
Take a look at intertrader and fxcm and compare spreads and what they offer, you will see what I mean. I am not recommending fxcm, far from it,but if you join up with intertrader then Im happy to receive an introducers fee:). I would also say which other broker I now use but have not been with them long enough to be sure about them. This thread is taking a slight diversion but a good one and good points being brought up.As a thought why not have a thread of brokers we recommend, I'm sure a panel of us could debate and come up with a decent broker ideal for each trader and advise newbies etc.

There are some decent SB brokers out there though, they're not all stop grabbing crooks.

This is OLD OLD news. You telling me you guys really didn't know about VD?

I put in a post a very long time ago that I only use MT4 for charting and NEVER for trading and remember getting some quite negative replies...

I put in a post a very long time ago that I only use MT4 for charting and NEVER for trading and remember getting some quite negative replies...

Yes, many of us have already known this, but the videos (now removed) showed the VD plug-in and the Metatrader Manager in action, and the user was demonstrating exactly how it worked. Very interesting.

Peter

What i find worrying is that in the time-frame while the MetaTrader exists no-one has ever stood up for traders. Sure, some stuff was leaked before, like the VD pdf. But as I'm assuming, people don't take this kind of stuff seriously. They are, for some reason, always hoping that this stuff might be fabricated.

So what's actually happening on both sides?

Broker
It's quite easy to setup a brokerage company. First thing you need to decide is what kind of broker you want to be - regulated, unregulated, mm or ecn. The amount of investments you will need depends on your decision. The most cost effective is regulated/unregulated Market Maker. Since the unregulated brokers always seem more SCARY and unreliable then the regulated ones, not much difference separates them. The regulators are more or less a badge they hang to attract you. So the basic steps of getting on your feet as a broker - buy yourself a cool domain name with letters FX in it, get yourself a black box - your market quotes which are stolen from some bank and finally get yourself a team of soulless fu**s who will gladly take the last 25 dollars from a Nigerian widow - and I'm not exaggerating here. So since you are a market maker, you don't need real liquidity, only thing you need is for people to think that this is real liquidity. Even if you had the balls to make a 100 k investment to get your self some real liquidity provider, you ain't gonna use him much, since 95% of all trading will never go outside your company. The fact is that the 95% of people will loose with some or a lot of help of the broker. The other 5% thou, might damage you a lot. Either he sends your orders to the liquidity providers, or he makes you loose.

Trader

You poor *******. If you had the privilege of being born with enough brain to get yourself well educated enough, to never trade - you are lucky. You are very lucky, if you have found a way to cheat when trading (cheating - a low risk, guaranteed income). You are even more lucky if you have made up a great strategy, which allows you to be profitable at all times. And you are the luckiest person in the world if you are THE Trading Guru. But if you are reading this, most probably you are not lucky. You have been cheated and scammed. And your fight against the wrong broker for the money is like a bunny vs napalm bomb. You blame yourself for the loses, you read the ****ty material - books, forum posts, articles which the brokers themselves post, for you to find a way to blame yourself. The forums are full of insiders, pretending to be your friends, to be one of your kind. Writing good reviews for themselves and throwing poo at each other. So if you are still persistent enough to trade with the classic setup mm+mt4, or any mt4 broker in that case - i wish you best luck. You deserve to loose.

We all knew about it, in fact I had the user manual for some time. However this is the best video proof I've seen which probably explains the frantic efforts to have them deleted from various sites.