TOTW How do your trading habits affect your world?

f2calv

Experienced member
1,318 278
The others think too much.

I quite agree, whilst I am first to agree that I know not the first thing about TA (and you may not be referring to TA in any sense) I feel that many TA gurus on here need to add a healthy dose of common sense to their melting pot of 1337 TA skillz. To recognise when an instrument is clearly overbought or oversold you don't need to be a TA genius IMO...

I found myself pretty awful at day trading and ultimately found it to be plain dull doing 8 hours a day waiting for those good opportunities that weren't going to rinse my account.

However I now finding swing/trend trading a lot less stressful, I'm less concerned about ideal entry points and yet I'm getting many more points to boot... however now I find myself awake at night checking/wondering about any open positions - so lack of a good nights sleep is definitely affecting my world quite a lot although I'm working on it!

BSD

Veteren member
3,819 985
My time is divided up into blocks.

I work away from home living out of a suitcase and doing continuous long shifts until the job is complete. ( this could be 3 months )

Mckinsey ?

Oil Rig ?

Gentleman dancer on cruise ship ?

R/R Time off paid for by the state for regularly driving your Aston Martin at full speed past Yummy Mummies waiting to pick up their kids at your local kindergarten ?

Top secret Commando Ops in the Third World ?

:D:D:D

Pat494

Legendary member
14,621 1,578
You young guys have a lot to look forward to in retirement. If you aren't encumbered with wife/kids then trade when and how long you feel like, 24/5 - blissful.
I use weekends to analyse the weeks' efforts and try to pick a winner on the S&P 500 for next Friday close.
Breakfast, walk the dog and then get yesterday's figures into Metastock. Use that good charting system and neuroshell to pick the likely winners on forex for the day. Try not to leave overnight trades on but take any profits. If I have to leave any on then covered by stop and t/p for a good night's rest.
Spare moments I play poker, but only for reasonable stakes.

Be nice to yourself with rewards of your fav foods and liquid ( not to excess ) for good efforts. Success breeds success. Positive but relaxed, stress free attitude is so important. Feel good.

good trading and keep calm

Reactions: Atilla

tomorton

Legendary member
8,396 1,338
Retirement?!?!?

Atilla

Legendary member
19,819 3,091
Mckinsey ?

Oil Rig ?

Gentleman dancer on cruise ship ?

R/R Time off paid for by the state for regularly driving your Aston Martin at full speed past Yummy Mummies waiting to pick up their kids at your local kindergarten ?

Top secret Commando Ops in the Third World ?

:D:D:D

Fisherman?
Long haul lorry driver?
Ebola nurse?
Liverpool FC scout?

;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock