How do you stay motivated when the markets and your life is going down hill?

Attila the trader

some days just don't go well , even though you know in theory emotions should not interferer in your trading decisions , in realty its very difficult (at least for me) , do you just move away from the markets , accept it as a part of trading ?

some days just don't go well , even though you know in theory emotions should not interferer in your trading decisions , in realty its very difficult (at least for me) , do you just move away from the markets , accept it as a part of trading ?
It is never easy to deal with such situation. However, as a trader, we have to accept it. The best way to deal with the market is "set and forget". It means you set your stop loss and take profit and forget about the trade. I know it is easier said than done. Until we can do that, we may take a break and come back.

It depends on the drivers causing the downturn. Are they trading related or external? Either way stepping back and dealing with them is something that needs to be done. If trading related take a few days off and recharge. Come back with fresh eyes and more objectivity. If external then take some time away from trading and deal with them. The markets will always be there when you are ready.

You need to have a short term memory. Sometimes even after good analysis, things go wrong. Also having a mindset of accepting things that you cannot change, helps. Finally, after a bad day, do something that you love, but that is not related to trading, gym and climbing works for me, sometimes LEGO. Find your own thing, maybe reading, maybe running, etc.

At the start of my trading career, I used to get upset seeing my trades go down, but now, I’ve become accustomed to the ups and downs of the market. Emotional stability comes from experience.
It hasn’t been much time since I’ve started trading, so I’m giving less time on trading and more time learning its concepts.
Surcoat you posted this on 11th Feb. 2 weeks ago you were new to trading and still learning its concepts

2 weeks later you have become accustomed to the ups and downs through your experience
thats commendable! almost remarkable, it takes years for some to go through that journey, its taken you 2 weeks.

By thinking about all the bargain stocks and crypto we can buy and remembering time in the market beats market timing

It depends on your opportunities but if you can, it might be beneficial to take a few days off and just take care of yourself. I do the latter by sleeping more, exercising, meditating, things like that. If you can't take time off, try to incorporate practices that release stress into your daily routine. I find that this really helps me when things are not going well.

Its so key to be self aware in one of the trading books ive read the big firms on Wall Street have a person who's job is to know about trader's lives and how they are and they then adjust risk/capital in relation to how well they are feeling. If you are having a tough time maybe reduce your trade size and risk. Just until you have a clearer mind. I hope things turn for you soon and you're back to where you want to be