Trading and Balancing Life

Joe Ross

This question was sent to me from one of our students: “Hey Joe! I’m having trouble finding the balance between my trading and the rest of my life. Every since I took up trading, I seem to be possessed by it. It is all consuming. I don’t seem to have time for my family, or any recreational activities. Is it always going to be this way? Have I gotten into something in which I am now trapped? Any thoughts?”

What you are describing is what happens to a lot of people when they first get involved with the markets. Learning to trade can be an all-consuming effort. In fact, it is so all-encompassing, that even if you are failing, you keep on trying to make it work because you have so much time and money invested in it, you simply can’t let go. So you continue putting time and money into the effort until you are financially or emotionally exhausted—sometime both.

Life demands a balance between emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual energy forces. If one part of a trader's life is overly focused on money, his family life loses its balance and falls. The ability to have and maintain long-term loving relationships defines a true winner perhaps better than any other characteristic. When material values replace emotional and spiritual values, the meaning of money needs to be examined. Why does a trader want money? It is a means value not an ends value. Either the trader takes responsibility and creates his life's balance, or life and its participants do it for him.

Spamming and balancing life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This question was sent to me from one of our students: ““Hey Spam Man! I’m having trouble finding the balance between spamming and the rest of my life. Every since I took up spamming, I seem to be possessed by it. It is all consuming. I don’t seem to have time for my family, or any recreational activities. Is it always going to be this way? Have I gotten into something in which I am now trapped? Any thoughts?”

What you are describing is what happens to a lot of people when they first get involved with the spam. Learning to spam can be an all-consuming effort. In fact, it is so all-encompassing, that even if you are failing to spam every internet forum in the galaxy, you keep on trying to make it work because you have so much time and money and spam invested in it, you simply can’t let go. So you continue putting time and money into the spamming until you are financially or emotionally exhausted—sometime both.

Life demands a balance between emotional, physical, intellectual and spam-ual energy forces. If one part of a spammer's life is overly focused on spam, his family life loses its balance and falls. The ability to have and maintain long-term loving relationships defines a true spammer perhaps better than any other characteristic. When material values replace emotional and spam-ual values, the meaning of spam needs to be examined. Why does a spammer want spam? It is a means value not an ends value. Either the spammer takes responsibility and creates his life's spam, or spam and its participants do it for him.

Get paid to spam!

and

Spam what you see, and what you think!

(Spam Man Slogan)

Spam Man said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This question was sent to me from one of our students: ““Hey Spam Man! I’m having trouble finding the balance between spamming and the rest of my life. Every since I took up spamming, I seem to be possessed by it. It is all consuming. I don’t seem to have time for my family, or any recreational activities. Is it always going to be this way? Have I gotten into something in which I am now trapped? Any thoughts?”

What you are describing is what happens to a lot of people when they first get involved with the spam. Learning to spam can be an all-consuming effort. In fact, it is so all-encompassing, that even if you are failing to spam every internet forum in the galaxy, you keep on trying to make it work because you have so much time and money and spam invested in it, you simply can’t let go. So you continue putting time and money into the spamming until you are financially or emotionally exhausted—sometime both.

Life demands a balance between emotional, physical, intellectual and spam-ual energy forces. If one part of a spammer's life is overly focused on spam, his family life loses its balance and falls. The ability to have and maintain long-term loving relationships defines a true spammer perhaps better than any other characteristic. When material values replace emotional and spam-ual values, the meaning of spam needs to be examined. Why does a spammer want spam? It is a means value not an ends value. Either the spammer takes responsibility and creates his life's spam, or spam and its participants do it for him.

Priceless!