How do u find what pair to trade?

ichimoku IS very simple.
once you learn how to read it, it does exactly what it's Japanese name suggests - Equilibrium at a Glance.
you can look at a chart with ichimoku and see in one second if there is a trend, consolidation or whatever

its also a good word for scrabble....

amaze your friends (after you persuade them its not a sexually transmitted rash) ;)

(kidding - I like the indicator)
N

its also a good word for scrabble....

amaze your friends (after you persuade them its not a sexually transmitted rash) ;)

(kidding - I like the indicator)
N

I'm just in process of setting up another new company.
This one, in honour of ichimoku kinko hyo, it's called Equilibrium Ltd .....
partly for the lulz of hearing Thais try to pronounce it........
eekweerirrium :LOL:

How do you find which pair to trade ?
I am waiting to hear the answer.
Either no one wishes to disclose, or, nobody really knows.

I start with one screen that has charts for maybe a dozen or so pairs using 1 hour candles to help smooth out the smaller fluctuations.

Out of those, I will look for pairs that have fallen into either an oscillating or trending pattern - either one will work - oscillating patterns just mean I take profit sooner than trending patterns.

I seem to end up trading the EUR/USD or AUD/USD a lot, the Swiss Franc is usually way to choppy, but in the end I don't care about the pair - I care about the pattern it has fallen into; it might be the the EUR/USD, chickens/pigs, or ford/chevy... a pip is a pip and it is the risk/reward I'm concerned with - "Show me the money". :cheers:

hey

Read my thread on correlation and strengthmeters...........it should shed light on what pairs to trade (and what pairs to run away from):smart:

N

I start with one screen that has charts for maybe a dozen or so pairs using 1 hour candles to help smooth out the smaller fluctuations.

Out of those, I will look for pairs that have fallen into either an oscillating or trending pattern - either one will work - oscillating patterns just mean I take profit sooner than trending patterns.

I seem to end up trading the EUR/USD or AUD/USD a lot, the Swiss Franc is usually way to choppy, but in the end I don't care about the pair - I care about the pattern it has fallen into; it might be the the EUR/USD, chickens/pigs, or ford/chevy... a pip is a pip and it is the risk/reward I'm concerned with - "Show me the money". :cheers:

the Swissie is a weaker clone of the euro ......they are pegged

N

hey

Read my thread on correlation and strengthmeters...........it should shed light on what pairs to trade (and what pairs to run away from):smart:

N

hey

I have looked at it. It looks very complicated. Surely there must be a simpler way to solve it. Someone mentioned a program thats like a revolving dartboard that does the selection. Anyone know of it ?

Before you find what pair to trade it's important to "get to know a pair" before you trade it and more importantly HOW to do this.

There are three components: Understand the Directional Bias, Know the Pip Range Movement, and the Pip Spread.

Before you find what pair to trade it's important to "get to know a pair" before you trade it and more importantly HOW to do this.

There are three components: Understand the Directional Bias, Know the Pip Range Movement, and the Pip Spread.

I think you are right. The rules are very similar for all instruments traded.
Incidentally, and I hope this is not off topic, but What about the monthly T2W currencies competition ?
Obviously it is up to the participant to choose pairs in which to trade, but is there any restriction on the number of trades intraday or daily ?
Is scalping allowed, for example ?

I have been studying all about the system of when to trade BUT no one has given me any help to narrow down my search to the ones that have the most potential for volatillity. Anybody have a system of culling pairs or secrets to find those starting to trend.

Reversals tend to be at ends of range. So if you learn how to define extreme ends of a range you will be able to spot end of one trend and beginning of another very well.
Extreme points are highest and lowest points in a range or support and resistance. Do that for every pair and you will know which pair has the highest chances to reverse and when. Wait for signs of reversal: 123 pattern, chart patterns, candle patterns.
Then when reversal does take place start playing in the direction of a trend. Look at the example of gbp/jpy. This is not exact science, but it really helps for me to get in the market at the best possible time and grab as many pips as possible.

Attachments

• gbpjpy range limits.gif
    gbpjpy range limits.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 177
also can have a try with mini account. Trade with money will push you think it over and over.

hey

I have looked at it. It looks very complicated. Surely there must be a simpler way to solve it. Someone mentioned a program thats like a revolving dartboard that does the selection. Anyone know of it ?

sorry my friend ...........I teach people to trade by looking at a chart with (maximum) 8 lines on it and simply buying the currency lines that are rising and selling the lines that are falling.......

I dont use revolving dartboards...........and sounds like I cant help you :cool:

N

hey

great idea though a revolving dartboard, perhaps have some king bobby george soundbites when a trade is selected "luvvly jubbly", and when your trade looses jim bowen shouts "Lets see what you would have won"

Bullseye - Jim Bowen trolls a murderer. - YouTube

Easy solution:
Consult a guy like the one shown below:

Attachments

• ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 204
I look for volume on a 2-hour, 15-minute, and 5-minute line chart - then trade with the trend.
(scalper mind-set)

I usually end up trading the EUR/USD and GBP/USD

ST

great idea though a revolving dartboard, perhaps have some king bobby george soundbites when a trade is selected "luvvly jubbly", and when your trade looses jim bowen shouts "Lets see what you would have won"

Bullseye - Jim Bowen trolls a murderer. - YouTube

It is a great idea because it works on the principle of random selection,
like picking pears off a pear tree.
It chooses the pear - you choose long or short, put the stop in - bingo !;)

Easy solution:
Consult a guy like the one shown below:

:idea:That cat you have there has given me an idea...I am currently not trading because I am on holiday at the seaside.
But next month perhaps when it gets cooler, I may run the results using the dartboard principle.
The random results generated in pear selection could be quite interesting.
I think I can show random selection can work very well too.:cheesy:

when looking for a pair to trade I generally look at all the pairs my broker has, and flip through the charts over and over again everyday until I see something that looks promising.

I may go a few days without making a trade, but when I do it is generally a winner. traders are paid to win, not to trade so I think it is important to remember that and only trade the winners to avoid overtrading.

At this point in my trading I also usually only trade off the daily TF, maybe dropping down to the H4 if I need some more information, I figure if the decisions aren't easy for me yet then I might as well trade a TF that allows me time to think..