How can I set the space between bars

victor123

Hi,

Currently I use Strategyrunner which I don't think provide this option. But I will be interested to know of any other charting software which provides this facility.

I want to fix the space between bars. E.g every bar would be separated by 0.5 cm say.

Currently what happens is when the first bars (I use 15 minute) develop in the morning, they have a large spacing. As the day progresses, the bars get closer as the program tries to fit all the bars in the available space. What I want is the spacing between bars to remain constant. If that means, in the afternoon, I can't see the first bars in the morning that's fine.

The reason why I need this is as follows. I want to use slope of some indicator line to determine how strong a trend is. However, as the space between bars change from morning to afternoon for the same slope, the indicator line may look more or less steep. This is very confusing to my eye.

Does any charting software provide this facility ?

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Kind Regards,
victor123
:)

Roguetrader,

Firstly thanks for your reply. Yes this software has a forum. I have posted a message there. On certain aspects this software seems to be a bit basic. So I have been told. I haven't used others yet. But, it's good to know if my current software does not provide this option, there are others which do.

Thanks again !

victor123
:)