Hot Air

gtspeed

Hi all

I am new here so have taken a lot of time to read the posts as looking to soak up information and for the most part I see a lot of new people like myself asking simple questions of help and being spoken down to by quite a few that never really answer the questions that is being asked so my belief is that these people talking down to the newbies are just wannabes who talk a load of hot air and cannot back up their arrogance or is it just me.

I would like to see some real chat on brokers and trading in general without the bull, just the facts ie easy to use , good customer service and which area they work best in ie stocks or Forex or how the interest of trading has made their bank balance f\nd life for the better.

Not a rant just an observation of the posts :whistling

Well, that's guaranteed to get you a good reception :LOL:

I expect you will have read the New to Trading "sticky" threads in the First Steps forum which will give you a good start.

Well, that's guaranteed to get you a good reception :LOL:

I expect you will have read the New to Trading "sticky" threads in the First Steps forum which will give you a good start.

There are some good posts however when reading the questions not many are clear in the answers hence hot air. 9

There are some good posts however when reading the questions not many are clear in the answers hence hot air. 9

This is a forum not a customer help-desk.

If you ask some questions you will get some answers. I think most forum users responding will give a courteous and honest opinion but opinion is still what it is.

help

Do you have any examples of this mate.

Lad asked for help this is the response

My 2¢: In 5 years time you will regret that you didn’t stick to your eBay business and try to expand that instead. But I’m not going to argue the issue, I’d rather you update us here in 5 years time if this forum still exists.

My 2¢: In 5 years time you will regret that you didn’t stick to your eBay business and try to expand that instead. But I’m not going to argue the issue, I’d rather you update us here in 5 years time if this forum still exists.

That's pretty clear cut. Just a polite way of saying there's very little chance of succeeding to the extent of making a decent, consistent living. Probably something most people don't want to hear.

Hi gtspeed,
Please remember that T2W is a community forum that's free to join and anyone can post what they like - so long as they adhere to our Community Constitution. Inevitably, some replies (especially in response to questions from newbies) will be more or less helpful than others. The job of each member is to separate the wheat from the chaff. Be careful though, because a post that you might think is unhelpful and to be ignored is actually the one that you really ought to be paying attention to. That's particularly true if - as barjon points out - it's saying something you don't want to hear. The post you quoted is a case in point as I had exactly the same thought when I read it, i.e. that the OP would be wise to focus on his eBay business rather than divert his attention to trading. If you look at the member who made that post and check out his profile and posting history - you'll see he's a long standing member and a very experienced trader. His blunt and uncompromising style may not sit well with your sensibilities - but that doesn't mean his post is just hot air that's not worth paying attention to.
Tim.