Historic data for FOREX

LJE

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good free source of data for historic forex prefereably laid out in an excel type format so that I can look at the open high and low every 15 mins on any specific date. I have been using Finam Russian Broker site but have just worked out the data does not correspond to actual data I have picked up on FX this maybe because of a time difference in Russia (I think 3 hrs ahead) but even taking that into account I cannot tally their data.

LJE said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good free source of data for historic forex prefereably laid out in an excel type format so that I can look at the open high and low every 15 mins on any specific date. I have been using Finam Russian Broker site but have just worked out the data does not correspond to actual data I have picked up on FX this maybe because of a time difference in Russia (I think 3 hrs ahead) but even taking that into account I cannot tally their data.

Check out www.currencysecrets.com, look at the data section, it fairly comprehensively compares alot of data providers.

I personally bought from http://www.forex-historical.com/ and have no complaints whatsoever so far.

It is also likely that data can be from different time zones from you, for example forex-historical is gmt+2 and even then prices may not match those of your brokers because its normal for prices to be slighty different from broker to broker.

dageshi said:
Check out www.currencysecrets.com, look at the data section, it fairly comprehensively compares alot of data providers.

I personally bought from http://www.forex-historical.com/ and have no complaints whatsoever so far.

It is also likely that data can be from different time zones from you, for example forex-historical is gmt+2 and even then prices may not match those of your brokers because its normal for prices to be slighty different from broker to broker.

Thank you I will take a look at these. :LOL: