Here's a new way to relax during trading

The beauty of being able to multi-task is we can do both, as well as periodically clicking that buy/sell button. :cheesy:

Earlier this week I was using the sewing machine in front of my monitor, so had to peer through the hole in the middle or over the top to see the charts. Made my entry, put a stop in place, and treadled away only listening for the 'ping' to tell me my stop had been hit. Best trade I had all week because I let it run and run and run. :D

I'm trying to make the picture - this is a close as I'll get I guess
:LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• sewing25.jpg
    sewing25.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 555
Skim,
If you expect people to believe that, why haven't you shown the chart in question, where your stop was, entry and exit and reasons. After all, if you had time to knit, you had time to post everything within seconds.
Another tease.
HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LEARN FROM YOU EXPERIENCED TRADERS?
I know what it is with you experienced successful traders - you just don't CARE.
sob sob sob

Trying hard to keep this light and easy - should be in the jokes section but after the sewing Bee I couldn't resist

Sewing Machine

The following ads appeared in a newspaper over a period of four days, the last three hopelessly trying to correct the first day's mistake.

MONDAY: For sale: R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Phone 555-0707 after 7 P.M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him cheap.

TUESDAY Notice: We regret having erred In R.D. Jones' ad yesterday. It should have read, "One sewing machine for sale cheap. Phone 555- 0707 and ask for Mrs. Kelly, who lives with him after 7 P.M."

WEDNESDAY Notice: R.D. Jones has informed us that he has received several annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in the classified ad yesterday. The ad stands correct as follows: "For sale - - R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 555-0707 after 7 P.M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who loves with him."

THURSDAY Notice: I, R.D. Jones, have no sewing machine for sale. I smashed it. Don't call 555-0707 as I have had the phone disconnected. I have not been carrying on with Mrs. Kelly. Until yesterday she was my housekeeper, but she quit.

OK then, Mr.C. Just for you and all those who wish they could treadle and trade, here's the chart.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Attachments

• es treadling.jpg
    es treadling.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 523
YOU HAVE POSTED A CHART WITHOUT EXPLANATIONS, YOU WICKED WOMAN, YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have slaved long and hard over this chart of yours - do you really expect us to believe you. Have you ever heard of EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know more about your methods than you think - I am not stupid - I can see that you have a secret special technique which converts "treadle" into trade by removing both an "e" and an "l".
What's more, you are subliminally advertising those evil American companies that are ruling the world.
"Tread" being the home word of Firestone Tyres and "dell" being - wait for it - Dell who are trying to put their snooping cookie ridden devices in every home throughout the world.
You people don't fool me, oh no...........

Thanks Rognvald, but I'm sure that there will be those who say that because I didn't post it AT THE TIME of my trading and treadling that it will be declared null and void by those better traders. :cheesy:

Righteo, the explanation. Entry needs no explanation as even my dog could enter on that. Exit was on the head, after the left shoulder had formed of an inverted head & shoulders.

There ya go! Now I've told you precisely what I did all the better traders out there will be able to copy my trade. :cheesy:

Mr C

"If you expect people to believe that, why haven't you shown the chart in question, where your stop was, entry and exit and reasons. After all, if you had time to knit, you had time to post everything within seconds.
Another tease.
HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LEARN FROM YOU EXPERIENCED TRADERS?"

Well said MrC, thanks for confirming that you do understand what others think of your non explanations.

Still, TRYING to be humorous want make people forget you haven't
answered the questions raised!

With respect, you might care to read the thread again and if you do you will find I explained the trade in a post 24 minutes BEFORE you wrote,
"I was disappointed Mr C has not replied to Felix post yesterday at 10.25pm. "
Felix of course jumped to the conclusion I had exited the trade much earlier than I had. Much of the hot air was generated by people predicating their views and believing his false statement, " posting two consecutive posts at more than 30 minutes after you covered the first half of this trade".
At least, he admitted, "I had assumed (wrongly I admit) that you would have closed the CECO trade at the first retracement at 3.15pm"

I do hope that helps you in your quest.

Again, just as on the "Cool It Down" thread this afternoon, you have introduced a negative tone.

How's this for a revolutionary idea, why don't we all be nice to one another? ;-)

Last edited:
Mr C

I get on with most people and if we met we would probably do the same.

This could go on forever, so yes, I can leave it at that.

Please try to understand that, apart from a few members who go OTT, the rest of us are not out to get you or Naz, we just disagree with you on some things. Because you are good traders shouldn't prevent anyone from questioning or challenging you, and you, as a Senior member would be expected to respond by either agreeing with their views or putting up an opposing view.

But you do need to think through the 'criticisms' of the last month or so and see if you can find solutions to them as if nothing changes you know the whole thing will be resurrected time and again.

Richard, I'll end by wishing you well, but reserve the right to agree or disagree with you in the future. I would also expect you to post if you disagree with any post I may make in the future.

We are a family of traders , but families do disagree sometimes.(that reminds me, Eastenders is on tomorrow).

Regards

Mike

Skim,

It is interesting to see your entry and exit on ES for Thursday and attached are the entry and exit points on ES that I used but to trade SPY (for anyone unfamiliar SPY is a stock that tracks the S&P). I made 2 trades, the first was a Short trade and the second was a Long trade.

The trades were worth 8.25 points on ES and gave 73 points on SPY. It may be of interest to others.

Paul

Attachments

• es 4th dec1.png
    es 4th dec1.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 323
Interesting. Great minds think alike. :cheesy:

Actually, I would normally have covered where you exited on your first trade, but I was so engrossed in what I was sewing that as long as the price bar didn't pop into view on the chart above the top of the sewing machine, I held the trade.

Do you find fills are easy on SPY?

hi trader333 and mr charts and anybody who the question appeals too. I don't know too much about spy and dia other than they follow the spx and dow30 respectively. Am i right in saying that as for normal shares traded through the direct access way, is it also difficult to get a fill on more than 1000 shares with these stocks.

My understanding is that with normal nyse and nasdaq stocks it can be difficult in getting more than 1000 shares filled. SOme times you may get filled but the price may well be varied considerably.

thanks