Help with Charting

forexpipz

I've not been trading for over 6 months and I was wondering what the best free charting software is at present. I've tried loads but i'm tired of wading through the hype. Any ideas welcome.

In order to get any real help from the membership we need to know what you're looking for in a package - and for what market(s).

Just fx spot for now but in the future probabily will do some commodities and futures but for now just fx majors.

I've tried many of the typical brokers such as fxcm and gft and fxcm has their charting which is very simplified and user friendly but lacks the punch and depth of say gft dealbook's offering. I want a package that is free (paying for market sofware is deffinitely a no no for me folks even more so paying for info) and has real-time feeds with a good set of technical analysis tools. I tried think or swim and their platform is awesome however the charting lets it down. Not very customizable like gft. Perhaps price triggers would be handy too but not essential and maybe pattern recognition.

I've done a lot of wading through crap over my trading years and its time that I utilized the excellent members resources on here. I'd love tradestation but realistically I dont think I can afford such a luxury just yet. Thanks in advance.