Harmonic Trading and my ABCDE pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we can, but first look at Poland flag, its the same like yours, Indonesia right? But mine is inverted, funny...

Iwan, I can't not find the SeaHorse or Impulse Harmonic in internet. it is in Suri Dudella's book (for SeaHorse) and Scott's book vol 2 for (Impulse Harmonic).

I understand about the cluster, fist I learn it from Robert Miner's Book - Dynamic Trader. but what is next ? Some says ;
1. Candle formation - I am not really good on it. it seem easy, but not in forex.
2. the Oscillator (eg. Stochastic) - I only use it for finding the divergent, OB/OS when the pris is at cluster. but never use it for trigger entry.
3. Andrew Pirfork (APF). I use it sometimes, but, so many different strategies developed for APF. I only use it for possible turning point.

Right i am using 23.6 and 38.2 Fibo Expansion (FE) for entry and Fib Fan for entry. but i still feel that my trigger is too weak... any advice ?

Your understand cluster, it is good for you. I use extended clusters from Carolyn Boroden and Kane Jim, he have for example 56,4 ratio and 88,6 and others (percent). But when you fell god with your clusters, and its working for you, thats fine, take tools what comfortable fit in your hands!

1.Candle formation, only useful source for me (he is the source, first bring candles from Japan) is Steve Nison, only!

2. The oscillator is not so useful to take positions I rarely use and only divergence.

3. Andrew Pitchfork. I done my research in this subject and method (finding frequency) have read some books, but this not working for me. I know it works very fine for some people, good source is www.marketgeometry.com, another useful information only form full of noise internet!

And fibo fan the same, not working for me, but simply know that works for some people!
So for entry point, the good information have Nison -great reversal patterns in context. Carolyn Boroden -great information about triggers and setups!

iwantu2brich, do you think GBPJPY H1 has potential for your ABCDE pattern ? if it's so, can draw it please. Thank you.

I does not think in this category, one formation is only the beginning, you have to have context on higher TF. When you ask this question did you consider trend or you expect that i guess by myself, what kinda of formation (bullish, bearish)? Do some charts when you ask that questions. I do not give recommendation, don't like this kinda of responsibility I simple trade what I feel and what I know to be, from experience and research, good potential trade. It is clear, for me, what trading is.

Losses vs Winners

How to cut losses?

1.Thigh stop
2.Pair with nice spread
3.Good broker (and good internet provider)
4.Education (should be first)!

How to allow winning positions to grow?

1.Education (simply my formation in this case) that your trade will run and run for better profits...
2.Patience to hold and to learn
3.Psychology (better know yourself, should be first)

So if you know better yourself and market, you will be independent, from anyone, and then, don't need my opinion and any recommendations. You and market will be the best teachers, and you will enriching and uplift others!
Manny traders even after years, loose because don't want to educate themselves, to know to understand, themselves and market. Manny people want simple HOWTO, and that is not enough to see bigger picture in time. You want to know, not only how to make money, but why you are doing it or loosing.
It has to be grater that simply make money, even a lot of them. It has to be passion and passion bring joy, knowledge and experience, better knowing.
Why do I telling this? And for what purpose is all about? Answer for yourself, or not!

Last edited:
I was not guessing
i was trying to understand your ABCDE pattern and see how it will work with Impulse harmonic or SeaHorse. The price is about at Low of 6 May, and If the price reverse at this level, it might run for CD since the B and C are meet the SeaHorse criteria.

note: I sent some pm to, and I think you have't read it. please take alook your inbox, thank you.

Attachments

• GBPJPYH3.png
    GBPJPYH3.png
    41 KB · Views: 1,454
Kissaki, this is not my formation, maybe it is seahorse as you said, and again, for clarification please give us source, some charts some definitions, in other case, it is misunderstood concept and this discussion have mislead, not myself but can others. When you want understand my formation, you have to focus on it, not on other, it is your choice! You have value and you have a good start with this "impulse harmonic" because it was similar. So Seahorse Pattern I guess is more from classic patterns, not from Harmonic Trading.

My formation is simpler than you think, and when you focus on it, you discover truth in it, so you don't have to try, desire to find logic in it and you will find a way!

Last edited:
In May 14, 2010, 11:39am I was presenting to you (second picture 'And this is context to this (usdjpy H1)'). this is what I saw then. I recall to you and myself:

1.Double top
2.Xabcd (not so harmonic) began from one top and ending to another
3.78,6 retrace to this double top

AFTER THIS FACT WE HAD CLEAR DOWN DIRECTION, SO I WAS EXPECTED AND MARK THIS POSSIBLE END OF THAT MOVE IN POINT E (E WAS BELOW POINT C)

So what we had then was direction. I opened some sell positions and there were several pips in plus, nothing significant, so I decided to teach others and myself, from my mistakes (not holding so long in sell positions, not trusting direction). What do we have from all of this? I'll give your better, more proper point of view. And some potential setups, but first I clone some pictures from that post, then give better extended view on it:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And extended:

Last edited:
There is no excuses in trading, when market pass your support or resistance, simple wait for clarification, and go petting your dog or guinea pigs, this is mine:

hi iwantu2brich, I learn your ABCDE pattern, and it is very useful for me. I have plan that I might going to use it when the Impulse Harmonic or SeaHorse is fail. In "M" formation of Impulse Harmonic, the price is expected to go down. And if it fail, your ABCDE play on it. I found (not very sure) your PRZ ofl E is good within 1.13 - 1.272 CD.
Do you have any particular fib percentage for E ? in bullish formation, what is your potential target, after entering at E?

hi iwantu2brich, I learn your ABCDE pattern, and it is very useful for me. I have plan that I might going to use it when the Impulse Harmonic or SeaHorse is fail. In "M" formation of Impulse Harmonic, the price is expected to go down. And if it fail, your ABCDE play on it. I found (not very sure) your PRZ ofl E is good within 1.13 - 1.272 CD.
Do you have any particular fib percentage for E ? in bullish formation, what is your potential target, after entering at E?

Nice to know that is useful for you. Yes in strong trend you are correct, but when is flat and we expect reversal, because of higher time frame I've found that trend is still valid. So, if your research telling you 1.13 and 1.272, you are correct, because its your methodology and it works for you.
I give you my example from past trade and you will see what I've mean...
Remember, this formation I use only on the beginning of the trend, some examples when I found some time.

Last edited:
I forget, in ABCDE formation we expect target to be in exceeding point of D. And this what I've meant by expecting trend to be valid:

And this is context to this (double ABCDE):

So higher ABCDE was context to smaller.

Last edited:
I was not guessing
i was trying to understand your ABCDE pattern and see how it will work with Impulse harmonic or SeaHorse. The price is about at Low of 6 May, and If the price reverse at this level, it might run for CD since the B and C are meet the SeaHorse criteria.

note: I sent some pm to, and I think you have't read it. please take alook your inbox, thank you.

kissaki, I think you don't understand even Seahorse pattern. I do some research about it and it is not what you present. I ask you to point out the source of this pattern and you see, you didn't! So yourself don't understand Seahorse pattern and you give it to others!

My inbox is empty I have "You have 0 unread messages" So when you want to contact this is the way [email protected]

I decide to compare basic (and only basic) Elliott Wave with Harmonic Trading for those who don't understand what it is and posting some stupid comments like: "This pattern is Elliott" or another...

I don't say that Elliott is bad and is useless, because for those who understand how to use it, have value, and I know couple of traders who use it successfully. Good source and a living example, of practical use is obviously Robert Miner! And of course Ralph Nelson Elliott (not so living example)!

When you say something like "Harmonic Trading is Elliott in different form" you have to ask yourself, it's that true? Arguments about difference between this two concepts is:

1.Basic HT principles and of course patterns is make from 5 points in charts like: Gartley (5), Butterfly (5), Batt (5), 1:1 (5), and mine ABCDE (5).

2.In HT is strictly defined ratios.

3.In HT we don't necessary have to know Elliott context to enter the trade.

Of course, Elliott and HT have similarities too and good example is 5-0 pattern (Scott Carney), and from EW point of view 5,a,b,c is like ABCD in HT, but basically, there is more difference than similarities, because Elliott Wave basically is make of 6 points or 9:

1. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 -6 points!

2. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, a, b, c -9 points!

So when you ask two Elliott fan's, and give them same chart, you can have 2 another interpretation or more, of what they expect is more probable in the future! Good example is from meeting Bryce Gilmore, Robert Miner and Jim Kane! They've had 2 different points of view, not compared to each other! Its nothing wrong with that, but in HT you don't have this option, because when I see Gartley, you see it and others, period! Its because of specific ratios in the patterns and different context and 5 points patterns!

Of course nobody says that you cannot use EW pattern or principle in HT, because you can! I just saying that this concepts is strictly different, and when you say that is not, you obviously don't understand it!

Its like two cars that one of then is Jeep and other is sports car. Yes! Two of them is still a car, but when you want to make race in the road, obviously sport car win! And when you do the same on the bumpy road, jeep wins! Its simple as that! its obviously different purpose! So you cannot compare EW with HT, all is valid but have another purpose! Each other works in different context!

I hope that is no manner of doubt after this simple explanation.

P.S.
I say that in HT is 5 points, and when you say that isn't because of ABCD (4points). I say that even ABCD is 5 point, because ABCD pattern doesn't exist without context. So it have to be 0-ABCD always, simple logic!

I am happy to announce that market is still and will be my grandest teacher of all! Also nice to know that petting my pet is positive distraction, and I do this when market goes sideways. Then I wait and simultaneously go on another market. After I posted that my support was broken (in May 25, 2010 9:12 am) I went to another market, doing some money but not using in this case my formation. When I've back, market do interesting thing. It first test my previous broken support (C), then goes down little below (D) and false broke my broken support again (E). After this we've had major New LL. I show you some chart, but first let me say something about it. There was some contradiction because of 2 my formation (I reveal this on some models after first chart). Usually I step aside when this occurring or take direction from bigger/more_harmonic formation and trade when I can do my setup.
This is the root of all this evil crazy contradiction:

I don't mark previous abcde formation on this chart!

So this broken support became very good resistance!

Many of you who asking me questions about my formation in my email can join to discussion. Yes I know, that maybe some of you don't like public forums because of some negative oriented people, but in my experience you can get from this, regardless of all of this, positive income. O.k. maybe when you have better forum and it have nice colors and simplicity like this, I want to be invited, let me know, but at this time i like this, so I still will be posting sometimes about my concepts and point of view. But thanks for your good wishes and encouragement!

Good trading for you all !!

And...
As I've promised, some models, simply for eye enjoyment:

Last edited:
This is from Thursday USDJPY

First entry was stop out, so point E was moved below completion of 1:1 (smaller formation failed but new, bigger, just began). I don't catch all this movie because market was very fast, but second entry wasn't mistake. So as we have said about target expectation, we expect new HH, and there was it! 40 pips, not a big move, frankly I expected some bigger rush. In another post I tell you why, so you will see, context, but now...

First stop out on M5:

Second, reconstruction of second entry, market was too fast to get picture:

Status
Not open for further replies.