Had a bad day? Feeling down on your luck? Lost a few quid?

DionysusToast

Legendary member
Well this won't cheer you up any....

Every now and again it's nice to give something back to people worse off than yourselves and it also helps to keep you grounded when around people whose life isn't ever going to be as good as yours...

This is Saturday, the missus' birthday and our treat was to go to a school for blind/disabled orphans and buy the kids a lunch they wouldn't normally be able to have.

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

With the lunch for 130 kids and a small donation, we came out spending less than $300.

A bargain for the reality check.

Money can't buy you everything.

It doesn't take a lot to make a difference :)
Best post I've read here for a long time, toastie.
Take care,
Richard

I don't post much now but couldn't let Dino's post go without comment.

Brought a tear to an old (well- not as old as Timsk) cynic's eye.
Great post(y)

Nice one. I do charity/voluntary work once a week at a cancer place. Cuts into my trading time, though. And I have to get up before 9am. :mad: :D

Thanks for the replies, you bunch of softies.

Mrs Toast also thanks BSD for the compliment, although Baby Toast insists BSD was talking about her.

Well this won't cheer you up any....

Every now and again it's nice to give something back to people worse off than yourselves and it also helps to keep you grounded when around people whose life isn't ever going to be as good as yours...

This is Saturday, the missus' birthday and our treat was to go to a school for blind/disabled orphans and buy the kids a lunch they wouldn't normally be able to have.

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

With the lunch for 130 kids and a small donation, we came out spending less than $300.

A bargain for the reality check.

Money can't buy you everything.

Well you shouldnt feel the need to post so publicly on a forum telling all of your selfless charitable work, showing all what a great guy you are...why not just do it and keep it to yourself ? Most would be embarrassed about such a shameless show of ego massaging and conscious placating; it suggests the motive for doing so, is not so much a selfless act but rather a need to gain approval and present the facade of a wonderful person..

By the way I agree with the recommendations for the act itself, but no need for the shameless publicising of same....serves no purpose