GREY1 P/L daily

please notice the VLO trade ENTR Y and compare it to the INDU chart

Attachments

• VLO.jpg
    VLO.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 48
Guys ,, you might want to look at LONG AMAT , HPQ to day .....I am long pre makret

Grey1

Attachments

• result.jpg
    result.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 30
Grey1 said:
Guys ,, you might want to look at LONG AMAT , HPQ to day .....I am long pre makret

Grey1
Update

I also picked few APPL just after the CPI results was out

Here are the trades ..

Attachments

• applllllllllle.jpg
    applllllllllle.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 27
Grey1 said:
please notice the VLO trade ENTR Y and compare it to the INDU chart

Can't see a divergence at the moment, but I'll take another look after hours :eek: Cheers Grey1

ALl out and cash up $ 1295 in no time guyssssss

Attachments

• 1295.85.jpg
    1295.85.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 35
COST has been weak earlier.. I used it to hedge against KLAC long. NIHD was also weak.

So far so good. 3/4 winners. :D

Attachments

• 060816_COST.jpg
    060816_COST.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 44
Hi Grey1

Would you please confirm the MACCI settings for exhaustion engine? I've been using 20period CCI and 6 MA in 1,3,5 settings. It works fine generally but it sometimes does not generate exhaustion in trending moves.

thanks and regards,..

Thanks Glenn. OBOS are all relative,..there is no perfect settings.. and there is no perfect entry ..etc..
But I still wanna know the originals for my research..

regards,..

leovirgo said:
Thanks Glenn. OBOS are all relative,..there is no perfect settings.. and there is no perfect entry ..etc..
But I still wanna know the originals for my research..

regards,..

Leovirgo,

The best MACCI settings I have from Gray1's thread in TW2's BB is included in the following TW2 Link, Titled: Gray1's approach to trading US stocks" See Gray1's Post # 123:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=20089&page=13&pp=10

Quote: "CCI 20 (default) smoothed over 6MA.

Hope this helps!

Nastrader said:
Leovirgo,

The best MACCI settings I have from Gray1's thread in TW2's BB is included in the following TW2 Link, Titled: Gray1's approach to trading US stocks" See Gray1's Post # 123:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=20089&page=13&pp=10

Quote: "CCI 20 (default) smoothed over 6MA.

Hope this helps!

Hi Nastrader

Thanks for pointing me the thread. Yes, I've seen that and compiled almost all of Grey1's posts in to a word document. I just wanted to discuss if we could use multiple MACCI settings in different market environments. Please see the attachment, it's all there except specific entry criteria for trending days.

regards,..

Attachments

• GREY1_approachtotrading_us_stocks.doc
    189 KB · Views: 71
Will this help for a trending day? I don't think Grey1 has posted an exact entry technique, more of a skeleton on which we build on. Also the exhaustion engine should be checked to see if there is no OB signal on market/stock before going long.

These are the rules of engagement in a VWAP trade..

Market is strong with DOW open + 50..

1) We don’t pair trade when market is strong .. We only take a directional trade
2) We only go long ..
3) We go long when price approaches Lower band
4) We fine tune with MACCI ( MACCI is slowed down version of CCI and eliminates much noise those with TS please PM me for the code ).. MACCI is a secondary tool
5) Further fine tuning with L2.. Make sure there is not a series of bidders sitting much further than your entry
6) Deduct the lower VWAP price from the VWAP and make sure there is enough meat in the trade.. For example if the VWAP is 30 $ and lower VWAP is only 29.80 then your max gain will be 20C.. is this what you want ? .. Make sure your possible reward ( the max gain ) is much greater than your risk ( stop loss). No point to get only 20C from a trade if you only trading 100 shares..

Reverse above for short position .. Short ONLY from the upper band VWAP when market is – 50 .

oops, forgot to say ingnore the L2 line as i think this was wrote in 2004 when Grey1 used L2 for his entries.

DiscoPete said:
Will this help for a trending day? I don't think Grey1 has posted an exact entry technique, more of a skeleton on which we build on. Also the exhaustion engine should be checked to see if there is no OB signal on market/stock before going long.

These are the rules of engagement in a VWAP trade..

Market is strong with DOW open + 50..

1) We don’t pair trade when market is strong .. We only take a directional trade
2) We only go long ..
3) We go long when price approaches Lower band
4) We fine tune with MACCI ( MACCI is slowed down version of CCI and eliminates much noise those with TS please PM me for the code ).. MACCI is a secondary tool
5) Further fine tuning with L2.. Make sure there is not a series of bidders sitting much further than your entry
6) Deduct the lower VWAP price from the VWAP and make sure there is enough meat in the trade.. For example if the VWAP is 30 $ and lower VWAP is only 29.80 then your max gain will be 20C.. is this what you want ? .. Make sure your possible reward ( the max gain ) is much greater than your risk ( stop loss). No point to get only 20C from a trade if you only trading 100 shares..

Reverse above for short position .. Short ONLY from the upper band VWAP when market is – 50 .

Have you really managed to trade a strong stock from lower MPD line?

On a trending day, strong stocks rarely come back to lower MPD line. They either touch base at VWAP or just below and then shoot up, hiting the upper MPDband making new highs all the way.

One exception is when they gap down at open, due to MM accommodating a larger order. In this case, this stock will have weak relative strength until it comes back above open.

Ok, I will demonstrate my point. Ebay was up more than 6% yesterday. Where is the technical/vwap entry? ( note, it never was OS in 5min, OB all the time.. that's why the trend is in place lol.. )

Attachments

• 060817_ebay.jpg
    060817_ebay.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 54
No! I was just posting what grey1 posted a while back and I can remember grey1 saying that in trending days apply your own trend following system. A simple one would be if market is strong and a sector is outperforming the market then long the stock out performing that sector.

My 2C worth.....
I was reading somewhere-' a trader must have different tools for the different market conditions that he/she is faced with' Keeping that in view, I shortlist a few shares every night for the purpose of a breakout strategy; if the day turns out to be a trending day then I make an entry based on the b/out rule (if the price does not come down till the lower band for the long entry);
As the market spends a longer time in consolidation than trending, the VWAP entries come in handy for these times.

The most difficult scenario I find is when the market starts off the day in consolidation but midway switches over to the trending mode. This has caught me out many times.

Found this doc by Grey1 on Pull backs- interesting reading in relation to the current discussion.

Attachments

• Pull backs.doc
    25 KB · Views: 48
Thanks leo, got a question, what was the dow doing when ebay went up 5%? Didn't have TS running so i don't know but if I was playing it I would either wait unitl dow is OS then long ebay (as per strat 3) or if dow was never OS then go long a stock that is outperforming sector. Interesting to note that when volume levels fall in ebay chart posted above, the stock goes into consolidation. Grey1 recommends going into cash when consolidation takes place.

Hi guys

Sorry about my absence I have few guests and wont be able to be on the BB much . But things will change after 16th Sep. I will be trading full time again after my guests gone

thanks