GREY1 P/L daily

evostik said:
Nice one Raj; I feel good for you.

I too am making progress, including with Strat 3, but am finding I am not getting many signals. Yesterday, for example, I had only one signal and that was early in the trading session. Makes me wonder if I have something set up incorrectly! Could you share how many signals you observed yesterday please? Were these on 1, 3 and 5 min timeframes?

Well done again,

Steve

Thank you Steve.

Yesterday, I did not receive any signals too but still I could get $535 by staying in the market till around 6:30PM. For days like yesterday, when I find that the Dow is not going completely + or -100 then I have entered into positions when at least 2 (e.g. 1& 5min) have gone to OB/OS-a combination with the Darvas technique (G1's VWAP engine-no I do not have it but trying to apply its principle by reading to what G1 has said) in these situations, I find helps to pull the trigger;
Hope that helps.

Raj

Grey1 said:
well done Rajibe,

It is nice to see you doing so well and pleased to read the post. I was trading the market yesterday with a friend and we had 24 trades with 18 wins 4 break evens and 2 losses with a net profit of $2984 . I also made $3500 ish a day before but gave back $2700 of it with FORCE Trading trades that was not there. ( no signal ) .

This business is a game of probabilities and you should enjoy $$$$ from using Strategy 3 but if you had couple of losing days you should not give up .

can I suggest to do an experiment.. close all your charts and donot look at any charts what so ever and just trade with numbers given to you by EE. Some how I think you do better . Human have tendency to see trades that is not there specially if you get bored and many traders lose their money this way ...

grey1

iraj

Thank you Iraj.

On the days when I lost, most of the times the market had appeared that it is in a trending mode and so I entered with the 1min OB/OS but as nature would have it no sooner I had entered, the market switched over to the oscillating mode :devilish: - having said that, whenever this has happened, I could take out the lost money from Mr Market the next day itself :LOL: .

I will try the experiment and feed back the result; it is quite true, looking at the chart has the tendency to force me into the trade prematurely.

Thanks once again.

Raj

Grey1 said:
well done Rajibe,

It is nice to see you doing so well and pleased to read the post. I was trading the market yesterday with a friend and we had 24 trades with 18 wins 4 break evens and 2 losses with a net profit of $2984 . I also made $3500 ish a day before but gave back $2700 of it with FORCE Trading trades that was not there. ( no signal ) .

This business is a game of probabilities and you should enjoy $$$$ from using Strategy 3 but if you had couple of losing days you should not give up .

can I suggest to do an experiment.. close all your charts and donot look at any charts what so ever and just trade with numbers given to you by EE. Some how I think you do better . Human have tendency to see trades that is not there specially if you get bored and many traders lose their money this way ...

grey1

iraj

Having seen Grey1 trade live (in his own trading room with 2 other traders watching aswell !) I think I would right in saying this is Grey1's preferred technique! Very little use of charts!

also,
well done rajibde, drinks on you then at the xmas party? :)

Raj,

Thank you for your kind words and well done. I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone on the 9th.

Paul

samtron said:
Having seen Grey1 trade live (in his own trading room with 2 other traders watching aswell !) I think I would right in saying this is Grey1's preferred technique! Very little use of charts!

also,
well done rajibde, drinks on you then at the xmas party? :)

Thanks Peter,

Sure the first round is on me ......

Has the venue been decided ?

Raj

Trader333 said:
Raj,

Thank you for your kind words and well done. I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone on the 9th.

Paul
Wish I could join you but, unfortunately, have other commitments on that day.

samtron said:

Just a side note gang:

I should add that on the day above Grey1 was predominately using his "vwap" engine to find trades.

an easy trading day with engine doing wonders..

iraj

Attachments

• Trade172.png
    Trade172.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Trade176.png
    Trade176.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 83
Grey1 said:
iraj
Hi Grey1,

Great looking trades and great seeing your most recent trades. Also seems you’ve been working on upgrading your trading Engine (V-13). With all of those trade’s targets being hit, your Engine does indeed look much better than a V-8 Engine – LOL.

Nas

Nastrader said:
Hi Grey1,

Great looking trades and great seeing your most recent trades. Also seems you’ve been working on upgrading your trading Engine (V-13). With all of those trade’s targets being hit, your Engine does indeed look much better than a V-8 Engine – LOL.

Nas
Great Engine with a "Basket" attached to the bonnet :)

Nastrader said:
Hi Grey1,

Nas
NAS,

This work is for basket trading which would save me taking large positions, instead the engine should automatically trade the whole basket of trades @ much lesser size and lesser risk due to diversification . The performance of the engine has been hugely improved too

Grey1

Iraj,

Does this mean that when you use this new basket approach that you do so in one timeframe and no longer use MTF analysis and therefore position sizing ?

By the way it looks great and well done on another evolution in your trading.

Paul

Trader333 said:
Iraj,

Does this mean that when you use this new basket approach that you do so in one timeframe and no longer use MTF analysis and therefore position sizing ?

By the way it looks great and well done on another evolution in your trading.

Paul
Paul ,

The new VWAP ENGINE 13 uses 6 different time frames for triggering the signals . The 1 min TF shown on the RADAR are just a programming thing and I donot understand the reasoning behind it...

Grey1

Grey1’s – Basket style method of trades made on 12/12/06

Grey1 said:
iraj
Grey1,

Thanks for your post on Basket Trading. I was interested in your different style of Basket trading; therefore I did some minor analysis. I was originally doing this for myself, but since I have it completed (in excel) thought I’d share it here with Grey1’s team of traders’.

NAS

Attachments

• Grey1 - Basket Trades, 12-12-06.xls
    20 KB · Views: 76
Nastrader said:
Grey1,

Thanks for your post on Basket Trading. I was interested in your different style of Basket trading; therefore I did some minor analysis. I was originally doing this for myself, but since I have it completed (in excel) thought I’d share it here with Grey1’s team of traders’.

NAS
NAS,
Thanks for sharing! (as you always do! its appreciated)

Grey1,

How do you manage that many positions including scaling in and out in 6 timeframes? Have you automated (or partially automated) the execution of orders?

Gareth

garethb said:
Grey1,

How do you manage that many positions including scaling in and out in 6 timeframes? Have you automated (or partially automated) the execution of orders?

Gareth

I wont be able to unless it is automated. I am in the process of doing that at the momenet.. As it is I only take few trades from the list.

Grey1

Grey1,
The snapshots on Basket Trading look impressive. With the increased diversification and decreased postion size you mention, would this approach lead to almost fully automated trading?

NYSE market mood

Grey1 said:
I wont be able to unless it is automated. I am in the process of doing that at the momenet.. As it is I only take few trades from the list.

Grey1

Dear Grey1

I am now using NYSE advance/decline as market mood. Normally, when advance minus decline is greater than 1000, I go long on my VWAP signals. For example today, AAPL, AKAM and EXPD have long signals around 14.50-1500hrs. I'd like to know what you think about this approach. thank you,..

best regards,