Greedy p*gs

..........To say bankers benefited from government assistance is disingenuous.. so did lawyers, hedgies, accountants etc. Why not tax their bonuses as well?

I didn't think our government could sink any lower than it has, but it continues to amaze. They should all be arrested and shot dead for the treason of attempting (and possibly succeeding) to destroy the United Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

????

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6945945.ece

"Investment banks, however, are enjoying a boom in profits due to the loss of competition in the sector after the demise of Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns, and because of the trillions of pounds in financial stimulus pumped into the system by governments around the world. "

Oh yeah and those above mentioned trillions mean higher taxes, cut public services for you and yours.....

you've lost me with that goose ???????

perhaps you could explain

Bill Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagal Act which, in essence, amongst other things demarcated retail and commercial banks from investment banks.
Richard

..........To say bankers benefited from government assistance is disingenuous.. so did lawyers, hedgies, accountants etc. Why not tax their bonuses as well?

I didn't think our government could sink any lower than it has, but it continues to amaze. They should all be arrested and shot dead for the treason of attempting (and possibly succeeding) to destroy the United Kingdom.

????

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6945945.ece

"Investment banks, however, are enjoying a boom in profits due to the loss of competition in the sector after the demise of Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns, and because of the trillions of pounds in financial stimulus pumped into the system by governments around the world. "

Oh yeah and those above mentioned trillions mean higher taxes, cut public services for you and yours.....[/QUOTE]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31510813/#34364592

I'm sure they are worth every penny... :)

Joking aside, if top bankers get millions because of what they've learned rather that what they are born with, then surely that can be addressed by the government devoting additional resources to training. Perhaps the top guys are born with extreme focus, determination and intelligence, and are simply cashing in on their genes, but I suspect their skills can be taught in the classroom. If thousands of footballers had Wayne Rooney's skills, he wouldn't get paid millions, and the same must apply to bankers on multi-million pound bonuses.

Jeff

Have you been living on the moon for the last year and a half ? Or maybe its pharmaceutical ......

Perhaps if you post an argument, I could make a constructive reply to that post... Which bit in particular do you disagree with and why?

Have you been living on the moon for the last year and a half ? Or maybe its pharmaceutical ......

Bill Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagal Act which, in essence, amongst other things demarcated retail and commercial banks from investment banks.
Richard

And there was me thinking that George "the clot" Bush was the worst American president ever !!

They certainly know how to pick 'em

where do they find these guys - :)

And there was me thinking that George "the clot" Bush was the worst American president ever !!

They certainly know how to pick 'em

where do they find these guys - :)

Backwoods of Arkansas, ranches in Texas, peanut farms in Georgia, back streets of Chicago....

Backwoods of Arkansas, ranches in Texas, peanut farms in Georgia, back streets of Chicago....

Doen't say much for USA democracy if this sort of person becomes the President.

You would think that they would pick their best man/woman

OMG ----------------unless they are the best that they can offer.

:rolleyes:

Doen't say much for USA democracy if this sort of person becomes the President.

You would think that they would pick their best man/woman

OMG ----------------unless they are the best that they can offer.

:rolleyes:

Politics doesn't work like that..........just look at Gordon Thieving Brown.......at the least the Americans get to vote for their leader.....

The clearest sign we have had so far that Brown has now destroyed this country, was the picture of him and Sarkozy whispering sweet nothings to each other.

I don't know about anyone else, but that scared the **** out of me.

Some say Sarkozy is the anti christ, as prophesised in the book of Revelations :p

The clearest sign we have had so far that Brown has now destroyed this country, was the picture of him and Sarkozy whispering sweet nothings to each other.

I don't know about anyone else, but that scared the **** out of me.

I would like to see bankers and politicians on the minimum wage until the debt is cleared. Passports withheld ( otherwise they would all be scurrying off to their retreats abroad like the kremlin etc.)

With Brown, Blair and Darling cleaning the public loos

Methinks the deficit would be gone in next to no time.

:clap::clap:

Teamwork teamwork teamwork

That's what will save UK businesses at risk from foreign competition

See what I mean !!

BA is a good example of British business committing hari kari. Same old workers versus managent crap. Not long before BA is just one more also ran !! and gone down the drain.
Don't they ever learn even the simplest of lessons ?