Greece may exit the Euro ?

Very strong reaction in Germany - "Good night Greece" Wolfgang Bosbach
Very likely Angela Merkel will not be able to convince Germans and her coalition to waste any more money on Athens, at least she had tried her best.

This is interesting -

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/30/8867939/greece-economic-crisis

one comment -

At the same time, tax evasion by Greek citizens and businesses was, and remains, a huge problem. A 2012 study comparing Greek bank account data with government tax data found that the true income of the average Greek person is about 92 percent higher than the income they report to the government. Tax evasion accounted for half of Greece's 2008 deficit and a third of its 2009 deficit.

Brussels is sending a "working party" to Athens on Monday, I am sure their hard work will be well matched by Tsipras's crowd effected by a mighty big hang over after the whole night party.
Working party, committees, subcommittees, think-tanks and so on sound convincing, but that's all about it, they are usually called to give appearance that something is being done, while the reality is completely different, and in the end, absolutely nothing is done.

I mean 1.50.....when? I cannot tell but your post also make sense to me.

I can also see where you are coming from and concur.

If EU pulls together without the laggards, I can see euro strengthening. However, I think we need to test the lows and support first.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see 1.08 again either.

Overall yes I agree and do hope so (y)

Guys you said that tomorrow is the big (possible carnage) in markets, but can you please tell me when you expect this to happen? i.e. is it when France 40 opens officially or is it the FTSE 100?

Guys you said that tomorrow is the big (possible carnage) in markets, but can you please tell me when you expect this to happen? i.e. is it when France 40 opens officially or is it the FTSE 100?

The smart money has been short the indices for weeks already.

I can also see where you are coming from and concur.

If EU pulls together without the laggards, I can see euro strengthening. However, I think we need to test the lows and support first.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see 1.08 again either.

Overall yes I agree and do hope so (y)

The people are back against the nonsense of the political manoeuvre of the banks, this is the fist step towards democracy in the union where banks are called to be only banks and not to get involved in issues that they do not concern them.

Yes EU can go back to the recent low and below..... for us traders we need to find the right spot the get in....

8b2a294e679e0bef245c5573564c1fe6_bigger.png
In 24h we COULD have an agreement", I said. But our toxic media rushed to report that I predicted an agreement within 24h. Go figure!

https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/617734804914708480

Some say this guy is a genious??? :eek:

Remains to be seen but I don't see any agreements let alone talk of.

Personally, I wouldn't like to negotiate with terrorists either.

What I see is EU finance ministers asking for a Greek proposal and putting it out to their people for a referendum vote to see if their tax payers should bail out the Greeks.

Yep lesson in democracy learnt well and square.

Major banks and analysts all predicting Greek exit now 50-75% probability.
I don't think they've been listening to Tsipras. What are they deaf and blind? Did Tsipras not say this was not a vote about leaving EU but getting better terms!

In summary guys, as negotiations go this must be the dogs dinner of good negotiations.

I'm shocked and stunned.

Yanis held a news announcement before Alexis??? Broke protocol. So WTF??? What does one expect from men not wearing ties? Ok to brake one protocol but not another???? :whistling

He said he'd quit if the vote was Yes! Vote is no and he still quits! Who gets it?

Talking of protocols, apparently announced resignation via Twitter? I'm wondering if his being paid commission for tweeting? :rolleyes:

Nahhhh must be me being cynical.

Have any of these men worked for a living in the private sector in a position of any responsibility or authoritiy before? I doubt it somehow?

:rolleyes:

the saga is not over yet and don't bet on that Greek exit just yet .............with one main antagonist/Player now out of the mix we will see some more twists now .......i'm still 50/50

8b2a294e679e0bef245c5573564c1fe6_bigger.png
In 24h we COULD have an agreement", I said. But our toxic media rushed to report that I predicted an agreement within 24h. Go figure!

https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/617734804914708480

Some say this guy is a genious??? :eek:

Remains to be seen but I don't see any agreements let alone talk of.

Personally, I wouldn't like to negotiate with terrorists either.

What I see is EU finance ministers asking for a Greek proposal and putting it out to their people for a referendum vote to see if their tax payers should bail out the Greeks.

Yep lesson in democracy learnt well and square.

Major banks and analysts all predicting Greek exit now 50-75% probability.
I don't think they've been listening to Tsipras. What are they deaf and blind? Did Tsipras not say this was not a vote about leaving EU but getting better terms!

In summary guys, as negotiations go this must be the dogs dinner of good negotiations.

I'm shocked and stunned.

Yanis held a news announcement before Alexis??? Broke protocol. So WTF??? What does one expect from men not wearing ties? Ok to brake one protocol but not another???? :whistling

He said he'd quit if the vote was Yes! Vote is no and he still quits! Who gets it?

Talking of protocols, apparently announced resignation via Twitter? I'm wondering if his being paid commission for tweeting? :rolleyes:

Nahhhh must be me being cynical.

Have any of these men worked for a living in the private sector in a position of any responsibility or authoritiy before? I doubt it somehow?

:rolleyes:

he has been a major major influence in this saga and we will wait to see if he was a saint or a sinner ............I still cannot help thinking that this was all part of the Greek plan to destabilise Europes negotiators up to the wire..........good cop bad cop etc etc

when I worked for BA many moons ago we regularly got such people thrown into the mix on some of our major contract negotiations to try to rattle us before the protagonist was moved onto other deals or let go by the party concerned in the interests of keeping good relationships...............spare me

N

the saga is not over yet and don't bet on that Greek exit just yet .............with one main antagonist/Player now out of the mix we will see some more twists now .......i'm still 50/50

I'm no longer certain.

Let's hope outcomes are for the best. (y)

I was under threat of death from wife to order our holiday euros by today........having naturally delayed as long as possible ...............lets see over next few days if I missed out on more !

I was under threat of death from wife to order our holiday euros by today........having naturally delayed as long as possible ...............lets see over next few days if I missed out on more !

It might be possible to pay in gold or oil (olive virgin oil freshly presses) in Greece.
So far the drama has a new exhibit, Varoufakis had on a platter. One child have left the room, making space for another.
Hollande makes noises that he might allow German money to go to Greece, not too sure Germans are that happy to advance on that:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Skinflint! Capitalist!

Be one of us, spend it all and worry about the debt afterwards. Or, rather, don't worry about the debt. :clap:

It might be possible to pay in gold or oil (olive virgin oil freshly presses) in Greece.
So far the drama has a new exhibit, Varoufakis had on a platter. One child have left the room, making space for another.
Hollande makes noises that he might allow German money to go to Greece, not too sure Germans are that happy to advance on that:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Don't they accept French money? :cheesy: