Greece may exit the Euro ?

Don't they accept French money? :cheesy:

Like the Greeks French are also very strong on entitlement, PSSSST it still is an open secret:LOL:
Even if they would have it, giving it away goes against .... them and their politics.
They also are aware that they should make some noises in that matter, so they did.
Germans are keeping quiet atm, they cannot say a loud YES, the time is approaching for a big NO, and enough, resounding from Berlin, while in Brussels all toilets are well engaged.

Like the Greeks French are also very strong on entitlement, PSSSST it still is an open secret:LOL:
Even if they would have it, giving it away goes against .... them and their politics.
They also are aware that they should make some noises in that matter, so they did.
Germans are keeping quiet atm, they cannot say a loud YES, the time is approaching for a big NO, and enough, resounding from Berlin, while in Brussels all toilets are well engaged.

:LOL:

Had a haircut chaps, a literal one. No 4. (y)
Feeling light headed and no beers.

My usual barber had a queue so went to the ladies hair dresser. A little more expensive but saves waiting (Don't tell Splitlink or NVP :cheesy: ) . Anyhow, she's Greek. Had a nice chat. In summary, she said there was still much bad blood between the Germans and the Greeks and she could see no way out of the crises with a yes or no. Clever lady. She said say no to Euro, get out and go back to the the Drachma.

I'm finding the Greek approach to the crises or lack of really uplifting. (y)

It is amusing that Tsipras sits back in his mansion, advising his people to vote upon something that will hurt them but never him. Do you think Tsipras is worried about the €60/day limit? I sincerely doubt it. All the wealthy Greeks have money outside of the country.

I foresee a huge drop in tourism there. There are plenty of great places to travel domestically without having to buy an unstable currency and travel to Europe.

If they pitch it right with cheap holidays they could recover without the eurocraps pretending to help.

So far Tsipras delivered a one mighty long bank holiday for Greeks. Why shouldn't they celebrate?

Otherwise all is fine, Germans are working well, just have finished with the breakfast break. Nothing to worry about, they would not dare not to pay the Greeks. Otherwise they might even leave the Euro:rolleyes:

The weather is good , so why not to enjoy it.

Poor Tsipras has to travel to Brussels again.

Last edited:
Let's face it Greece is a democratic shambles. Time for democracy to move over and admit defeat. I don't think " The People " made the right decision on Sunday even. A little bit of well deserved austerity and they vote for the easy option of making it someone else's responsibility/fault.

Let's face it Greece is a democratic shambles. Time for democracy to move over and admit defeat. I don't think " The People " made the right decision on Sunday even. A little bit of well deserved austerity and they vote for the easy option of making it someone else's responsibility/fault.

well, it was a bit like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas wasn't it, particularly when your "leaders" appeal to you to biff the bullies on the nose and also tell you that they will anyway be a "yes" by accepting near the deal that they are asking you to vote "no" about and just want your vote to help them a bit in negotiations.

Apart from the fact, of course, that there was no deal to vote about since it had been withdrawn. You gotta laugh though, haven't you :LOL:

I think Greek people do know what they are doing.

It's the politicians and the elite that do not.

They have failed to pass any reforms because they too, were pursuing their own self popularity interests and lead the people astray.

Without tax and pension reform and balanced budgets it's back to the high inflation days of the past.

But why not? Can't be as bad as what things are now?

Have the debt written off and start a new with no debt and new currency. :idea:

I think that the Greek man-in-the-street is just plain fed up with the kind of life that he has had over the last five years.

More of the same? Vote "Yes".

Is "No" going to lead to a worse life?

We don't know and neither does he, but he does not think that it could be worse.

He may be wrong about that but, as someone used to say to me, it's "S**t or bust!"

All you have to do, if you want out of the EU, is to clap your hands over the shambles.

OK so Greece leaves the EU. What then ?

Will Greek property suddenly become much cheaper ?
Will a holiday in Greece be better value ?
Will the Greeks take it out on foreigners and make it a no go zone ?
Will the others like Italy, Portugal, Spain etc see an opportunity to break off the shackles of the EU and leave it too ?
Will the clowns in Brussels finally get the message that all isn't well in the EU ? So they desperately need reform and soon.

They default immediately, come back into the picture with a devalued currency which makes it far cheaper to go abroad there than it was before.
Millions flock to take advantage of this and tourism booms.
However, the effects of a devalued currency and a vast input of foreign money has the effect of triggering price increases at a heady rate which, due to the governments (historically well-documented) complete inability to run the economy swiftly leads to rampant and incontrollable inflation.
From there, it's anybody's guess. I think we all know the likely outcome, say, ten years down the line.
Could Greece really become a third world country? No. But it could become a bankrupt economy with no way out. Exiting the Euro and devaluing is the only way out right now, the Greek government already know this, hence they brought nothing to the table to negotiate yesterday. But when they screw this up? A few years down the line?
Game over.

Possible Greek deal apparently all linked to progress.

Progress implies passing reforms through parliament. Probability of which is like very low. Some analysts suggesting another set of elections. All by the end of the year. Highly unlikely. Grexit by accident is now a high probability.

People openly saying referendum was a dud. Complicating negotiations to the point of impossibility. No one (negotiating) trusts negotiations. Just a facade to show they tried.

Tsipras may go home with a worse deal and say it has been improved. People will believe him.

Everyone else is hoping a deal will be reached with clinched buttocks. Germans have let go of their anal retention to save Greece. French trying to help the Greeks write a proposal.

Heard on Bloomberg the Greek merchant navy biggest in the world worth 106bn pay no tax on international earnings. What a joke! Why should they. Let those nasty Europeans pay for messing up their economy. :LOL:

Tsipras has removed one of his red lines; pension reform. His having problem collecting tax revenue. Shipping companies threatening to leave Greece and relocate operations to other non-tax paying countries. ??? Ireland perhaps?

Greece has aging population. Young also leaving to find work else where. Migration to Australia has increased.

Greek people need to wake up imo. (y)

I wonder how many London Greeks there are left--if any. I served my time with Counties Ship Management, owned by Kulukundis. A relative of his, Mavroleon, owned London & Overseas Freighters.

I can only speak well of them but I believe that the British flag is now, almost, non existent , except on the coast.

In the States, there was Niarchos, whose tankers names began with "World" and Livanos. All big shipowners plus the most famous of the lot, Onassis.. All big names in shipping circles. A lot of sea going history there.

I wonder how many London Greeks there are left--if any. I served my time with Counties Ship Management, owned by Kulukundis. A relative of his, Mavroleon, owned London & Overseas Freighters.

I can only speak well of them but I believe that the British flag is now, almost, non existent , except on the coast.

In the States, there was Niarchos, whose tankers names began with "World" and Livanos. All big shipowners plus the most famous of the lot, Onassis.. All big names in shipping circles. A lot of sea going history there.

Probably stationed themselves well out of the reach of the Greek politicians and taxman.

About 1900 Britain had the biggest commercial fleet and shipbuilding industry. All frittered away. They failed to compete and in the capitalist world that is suicide.

Probably stationed themselves well out of the reach of the Greek politicians and taxman.

About 1900 Britain had the biggest commercial fleet and shipbuilding industry. All frittered away. They failed to compete and in the capitalist world that is suicide.

All of this demise thanks to the unions.
Even a forklift at one time was a bad enemy of the proletariat for them, so unloading and other hugely expensive port charges finished the whole industry for the UK.
Chinese are already operating some parts of the docks in Greece.
They are cheaper and already profitable.

Last edited:
All of this demise thanks to the unions.
Even a forklift at one time was a bad enemy of the proletariat for them, so unloading and other hugely expensive port charges finished the whole industry for the UK.
Chinese are already operating some parts of the docks in Greece.
They are cheaper and already profitable.

Wrong, totally wrong.

That's what the elite management who messed up, would have you believe.

It was lack of investment in new ships and ship building methods and technologies that did it.

As with Leyland and many other industries management tried to compete on price instead of investing in R&D, reliability and designing new models.

Management kept pushing wages down and trying to compete solely on price on poor designed, old models using old technologies.

Bad management and leadership and then blaming hard working people at the bottom. Trade Unions were only to blame towards the end when they were squeezed so much they peeped. Caused a stink and then took the full blame.

:!:

Wrong, totally wrong.

That's what the elite management who messed up, would have you believe.

It was lack of investment in new ships and ship building methods and technologies that did it.

As with Leyland and many other industries management tried to compete on price instead of investing in R&D, reliability and designing new models.

Management kept pushing wages down and trying to compete solely on price on poor designed, old models using old technologies.

Bad management and leadership and then blaming hard working people at the bottom. Trade Unions were only to blame towards the end when they were squeezed so much they peeped. Caused a stink and then took the full blame.

:!:

I put it down to lack of teamwork from the bosses and workers. A divided team is unlikely to be successful.

Greeks overspent massively on their military. Check the data out. If they reduced that to less than 1% of gdp they would be rocking and rolling