Greece may exit the Euro ?

The Greek are admitting their responsibility and they want to pay back but they are also asking Germany compensation for the invasion of the second world war that caused over 1,000,000 death.....

Seems the Germans are not interested in that....

It would be better for Greece if Germany offered to take over the running of their country. It desperately needs structure organisation and functioning systems, all of which the Greeks seem incapable of delivering.

The Greeks are not Germans and vice versa....they are different people with different traditions, very different.......Greece is where democracy was born....

The Greeks are not Germans and vice versa....they are different people with different traditions.......Greece is where democracy was born....

The Greeks need organising. For a long time, they have been a hopeless rabble.

Quite why they were allowed to join the EU in the first place is where the fingers should be pointing....but, probably all a bit too late for that eh !!

But it's not all doom and gloom.....there are going to be some bloody cheep holidays to be had soon.

The Greeks need organising. For a long time, they have been a hopeless rabble.

Quite why they were allowed to join the EU in the first place is where the fingers should be pointing....but, probably all a bit too late for that eh !!

But it's not all doom and gloom.....there are going to be some bloody cheep holidays to be had soon.

Well, you got the answer there. Why did they let them in the first place? Well, it was convenient, wasn't it? and for whom? Who is making the bucks?

The Greeks are not Germans and vice versa....they are different people with different traditions, very different.......Greece is where democracy was born....

If they don't all pull together it may well be where democracy meets a sticky end.

Excuse my poor English on this subject, but I will do the best without worrying much about it....

This is what I understand, Greece is saying that austerity does not work for them, yes they have their own responsibility, but since the troika is interfering from 2010 the unemployment went from 9% to 25%, the public debit was 127%, now is 175%......so, not much is working....

Today the people of Greece is saying: this is not working, austerity does not work, the economy is worsening, enough is enough, we need to change direction...(the election)

The day after, the central bank says: yes, you people of Greece had the possibility to vote, but you better know that whatever you have decided means nothing because I am cutting off liquidity, doing so the PM had only to admit that what he had promise before the election to his own people, he cannot deliver.....

Not only that, the governor of the German central bank says: the Greek people need to understand that they need to share their own sovereignty with the foreign investors......

So what really means is this: sovereignty is not owned by the people anymore but is owned by the great finance and we better come to terms with it.....

lol....

I believe that is very true. Global corporations have been telling governments what to do for many decades, already, but what is it about Greece that would make these companies interested? I do, however, have a deep distrust of Putin and his ability to make trouble for political reasons.

It would be better for Greece if Germany offered to take over the running of their country. It desperately needs structure organisation and functioning systems, all of which the Greeks seem incapable of delivering.

I think that we have to be realistic. That is unlikely to happen.

According to Bloomberg the new finance minister has been caught hiding the names of his own family who have squirreled away money in Switzerland. A whistle blower has divulged the names of many Greeks doing this.
They will be severely punished I expect.

According to Bloomberg the new finance minister has been caught hiding the names of his own family who have squirreled away money in Switzerland. A whistle blower has divulged the names of many Greeks doing this.
They will be severely punished I expect.

There I was thinking they couldn't afford a tie... :LOL:

Corruption stories are so rife, these days, that I dont know what to believe---except the worst! You ought to be here, in Spain. Every day, something new. Now, of course, there is HSBC and today's Spanish story is that Jordi Pujol had an account there, too.

Corruption stories are so rife, these days, that I dont know what to believe---except the worst! You ought to be here, in Spain. Every day, something new. Now, of course, there is HSBC and today's Spanish story is that Jordi Pujol had an account there, too.

Problem is with the system and the politicians.

Said this before; poor man steals bag of sugar from Tesco's and he'll get a criminal record for the rest of his life.

Rich snot steals 150m from the Inland revenue helping other rich snots evade tax and he'll be promoted to becoming an effing Lord and we'll pay even more tax payers money building duck ponds in his big forest behind his big mansion.

They'll then trumpet how fabulously fantastic our legal system and financial services sector is.

Gotta laf :LOL:

It is high time that the Swiss banks and others disclose the money held by their clients to avoid paying their taxes. Many billions of Greek money is thought to be there.
No wonder Switzerland has become such a haven for dirty money from criminals, Somali pirates, organised crime of the Mafia, drug dealers, Islamic extremist kidnappers etc.

They could come clean on Nazi gold/jewels etc. too from WW2 that many people think they are hiding in their vaults .

It is high time that the Swiss banks and others disclose the money held by their clients to avoid paying their taxes. Many billions of Greek money is thought to be there.
No wonder Switzerland has become such a haven for dirty money from criminals, Somali pirates, organised crime of the Mafia, drug dealers, Islamic extremist kidnappers etc.

They could come clean on Nazi gold/jewels etc. too from WW2 that many people think they are hiding in their vaults .

The Lagarde list has been published many times...but it has to be said, not all Swiss bank accounts exist just to avoid tax !

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...bc-files-show-86-more-greeks-on-lagarde-list/

I think the clock is ticking for the Swiss banking system :LOL:

Add favourable tax brakes and laws for multinational companies like google and apple too who are based in countries like Luxemburg and Ireland because of silly corporate incentives and low tax.

Europe can then talk about harmonisation of fiscal, labour and monetary laws.

High time something is done about this screwed up system.

At one point they were discussing a common army. Talk about putting the cart before the horse :idea:

2. ephilant says:

February 10, 2015 at 10:30 am

And people wonder how all this is possible? The auditors for HSBC between 1991 and 2013 were KPMG. The chairs of HMRC and the Direct Financial Conduct Authority are ex KPMG partners. Join the dots…
the ex civil servant who negotiated the “deal” with Switzerland which basically let everybody off the hook has resigned and now works for… HSBC. You couldn’t make it up…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He may have his facts right

Add favourable tax brakes and laws for multinational companies like google and apple too who are based in countries like Luxemburg and Ireland because of silly corporate incentives and low tax.

:
A tricky problem indeed because companies can move their HQs to tax havens if the country they presently reside in tries too hard to squeeze them for tax. Ireland, Luxemburg, The Virgin Islands etc. could easily become the new industrial/corporate giants of the planet !!

They could do, couldn't they? They will have to be forced to because they
won't do so, otherwise. WW2 ended 70 years ago which shows that time is on their side.
'
So, how can they be forced to do make these disclosures?

They could do, couldn't they? They will have to be forced to because they
won't do so, otherwise. WW2 ended 70 years ago which shows that time is on their side.
'
So, how can they be forced to do make these disclosures?

Well yes, good point.
How about giving them over to that US woman who used to look after that Abu Graib prison in Iraq ?

:p