GOOG - Long or Short......?!

The GOOG still providing some spirited moves to the upside and a nice $6+ run from the open today with support at $191 and resistance at $198 shown by RSI divergence and a touch on the underside of the prior triangle support line confirming resistance…..

GOOG still not a shortable/borrowable stock on my IB account, even though we are over 2months from the IPO, but apparently this might change shortly……. :confused:

Attachments

• GOOG9.gif
    GOOG9.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Tradesmart, Are you actually trading goog or just monitoring it?

Regards,
Imran

Just quickly.

GOOG still playing off fib levels.
Been shorting it no problem today.

Attachments

• goog12.gif
    goog12.gif
    35.1 KB · Views: 220
  • goog14.gif
    goog14.gif
    32.6 KB · Views: 218
Just stopped out and missed the next leg up.

Attachments

• GOOG19.gif
    GOOG19.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 220
  • GOOG23.gif
    GOOG23.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 227
Trader333 said:
Naz,

Thanks for your reply, I am interested to know if you were you able to discern anything useful from the Level II screen for this stock ? The reason I ask is that I (personally) wasnt able to although I know you use Level II in a different way which may have allowed this.

Paul

Yes i use t/a and level 2 to trade this stock.

Tradesmart, Are you actually trading goog or just monitoring it?

I can confirm that I am monitoring stocks/indices/currencies until the most crucial/critical/excruciating moment when I decide to put my pocket-money on the line and trade them....... ;)

and sometimes there's even a humourous side to it........ :confused:

My instinct says the overpriced little search engine will be sold off pronto........
from the first post on this thread is really funny ....(in hindsight....!)........ :LOL:

Last edited:
GOOG developing yet another triangle in a tight range as it tests $200 yet again – a breakout north on high volume will likely put $225/250 in the sights, but repeated failures will induce severe ‘gap fill’ mode, and a return to $150 imho…..

ps 12.12 GOOG just opened @ $200 ask pre-market...........

Attachments

• 03-11-04.gif
    03-11-04.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Tested 200, very short lived break at about 201.5

5 mins later 197, didnt like it did they. How many times is that now....

I get the feeling there are quite a few attempting to push over 200 but they are just out numbered at the moment. Still, another push for 200 looks very possible. Should be an interesting end to the week.

Look at the 15 min triangle
Then at the Daily triangle

Attachments

• goog.gif
    goog.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 224
Got 32c per share out of it as it moved through its range using T/A, level 2 techniques. Not a lot but profit is profit - direct access reqd.
Might go for bounce off 196 IF it reads right on the tape
Richard

Just 17c profit off the bounce - but, hey, can't complain about a little profit.
Richard

Sudden high volume fall - looking for a possible bounce - a bigger none this time - I'll see what level 2 and the tape tells me
R

That's better - a nice 71c out of the bounce ;-)
I'm finished for the day
Richard

It did, but I only made another 22c
Not a stock for those without direct access skills, experience or amateurs or the faint hearted, imho !
R

Russian Roulette on this one!

5m, CCI-14

just guessing it´s not over yet - if one likes a Kamikaze ride I guess this is the one to catch

$186 - 25% retrace from present high (rolling over?)

Last edited:
Cant short GOOG today.Says its back on the hard to borrow list.

Look at my post #70 showing the triangle on the 15 min
The idea behind the post was to show descending resistance and ascending support so that a rise through the top line would suggest further rises and a fall through the lower line would suggest further falls.
Now look at the current 15 min
The breakdown through the bottom of the triangle support proved highly predictive.
Interesting, huh?
Richard

Attachments

• goog2.GIF
    goog2.GIF
    17.3 KB · Views: 283