Goodbye Everybody

starspacer

Goodbye everybody.

I have asked for my T2W account to be permanently deleted.

Good luck to everyone I corresponded with and the best of success with your trading.

starspacer

I'd also like to announnce my retirement from this site. The relentless reading and typing of posts has finally taken its' toll.

I've asked the mods to suspend my membership. I'm off out on the lash.

I will not be back until my hangover has worn off.

UTB

Me Too,

Although I have only been a member for a short period of time its enough for me to see that I don't like the arrogance and attitude of many members who think post count makes you a better, more knowledgeable trader - when all it means is you spend most of your time on an internet chatroom instead of actually working/trading.

An example is when I tried to start a post about the balance between ta and fundamental analysis when placing a trade. The first repose was a 'senior' member who contributed nothing and just accused me of working for an fx bucket shop (not true!), he derailed it from the offset but the mods did step in to clean up his mess. When clicking on lurkers journal, in post 3 I saw that less than six months ago he hadn't even traded his own cash and his only experience was the t2w fx competition (give me a break!!)

I was going to dissolve into the background but felt I would make the owners, members and moderators aware of my (and apparently many other members) feelings about the current state of the forum.

JK

Last edited:
Me Too,

Although I have only been a member for a short period of time its enough for me to see that I don't like the arrogance and attitude of many members who think post count makes you a better, more knowledgeable trader - when all it means is you spend most of your time on an internet chatroom instead of actually working/trading.

An example is when I tried to start a post about the balance between ta and fundamental analysis when placing a trade. The first repose was a 'senior' member who contributed nothing and just accused me of working for an fx bucket shop (not true!), he derailed it from the offset but the mods did step in to clean up his mess. When clicking on lurkers journal, in post 3 I saw that less than six months ago he hadn't even traded his own cash and his only experience was the t2w fx competition (give me a break!!)

I was going to dissolve into the background but felt I would make the owners, members and moderators aware of my (and apparently many other members) feelings about the current state of the forum.

JK

I don't, normally, answer "Goodbye" posts but I would like to say that, on behalf of all those who have not crossed posts with you and who, it seems like, are not, now, going to get the chance, I'm sorry that you have taken that attitude.

No matter where you go, you are going to come across all types and you must learn to handle them. You might as well learn that here. Just remember that, if you go, within a few days, no one will give a damn. I've been here a few years and I have no illusions about that, with regard to myself. That happens in the outside world, too. Those who have attacked and annoyed you are only trying to make some kind of name for themselves before they, too, sink into oblivion.

Anyway, take care and Good Wishes.

Split

....I was going to type a response as well but Split beat me to it........I endorse Split's comments...

....It is NOT the loud minority who think they know all; will rule....But strong and silent majority who will.....

....Just ignore and keep at it...!!

Just remember that, if you go, within a few days, no one will give a damn. I've been here a few years and I have no illusions about that, with regard to myself.

Oh Split - sweetie - that's just not true, I'll miss you loads, honestly I will!!!
Now, about that pint you mentioned in your PM . . .
:cheesy:
Tim.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
jkplay,
On a more serious note, I agree with Split's and Zambuck's comments. I seem to recall that sparspacer gave me a pretty hard time about something I'd written that he disagreed with. I've long since forgotten what the 'debate' was about and I probably deserved the lashing I received. If you can't take a little flack from fellow members once in a while, I fear that you're gonna struggle in the markets.
Good luck starspacer - all the best.
Tim.

Oh Split - sweetie - that's just not true, I'll miss you loads, honestly I will!!!
Tim.
jkplay,
On a more serious note, I agree with Split's and Zambuck's comments. I seem to recall that sparspacer gave me a pretty hard time about something I'd written that he disagreed with. I've long since forgotten what the 'debate' was about and I probably deserved the lashing I received. If you can't take a little flack from fellow members once in a while, I fear that you're gonna struggle in the markets.
Tim.

On a final note,

I wasn't upset about his comments, he didn't even disagree with me. If the thread wasn't deleted I think you would see that I gave back much more than he initiated. It's just I am starting to question the amount of people who post on here that are actually traders, the member in question is clearly an amateur.

He didn't disagree or have anything to contribute. Im here to learn more about trading, from other traders, not to get into silly fights with mug's who have 6 months experience - a waste of time imho.

I will still read through the board as there is some really good stuff in the archives but will not contribute, not that any of you will care anyway :LOL:

JK

...................It's just I am starting to question the amount of people who post on here that are actually traders.....
JK

......Well I consider myself as a part time trader.....and an amatuer........But I hope that you are NOT holding that against presense of my self and people in my sort of level..?

.....You DO NOT have to be a trader or indeed know anything about trading to belong here.....as far as I know........If anyone has any problems with that then quite frankly I don't give a damn..!!

Last edited:
......Well I consider myself as a part time trader.....and an amatuer........But I hope that you are NOT holding that against presense of my self and people in my sort of level..?

.....You DO NOT have to be a trader or indeed know anything about trading to belong here.....as far as I know........If anyone has any problems with that then I quite frankly I don't give a damn..!!

This is a community for people of all levels to contribute and learn about trading. Im not a pro but have been doing it part time successfully for the last 4 years and don't need to have me profession as an fx dealer shot down by anyone - particularly the member who made the third post on lurkers journal.

It doesn't matter what level you are with your trading, I just think unjustified personal attacks and sarcastic comments are too common right across the forum and this may be the reason alot of the real traders I see posting in the archives have disappeared..

Best of luck all anyway

JK

I'll echo Zambuck on this -
it's a public board and there are no qualifications for posting... I've been trading for 7 years now and consider myself 'inept', I haven't retired to live off the monthly trade I put on and forget about. (Sympathy not required, I live comfortably).

Whilst it would be nice if people only posted when they thought they actually knew what they were talking about it isn't a prerequisite, part of being a member is learning who to pay attention to and when. I am happy to listen to an idea from a paper trading newby on a range of topics, I won't tend to trade their live calls....it all depends what their post is about. I also pay due regard to how offended a member gets when opposed - the more you flounce, the less attention I pay to you, trading isn't a prima donna sport.

Best of luck in your future endeavours, however - your tolerance and my own work differently, but as ever I wish all fellow traders every success.

Dave

Tim.
jkplay,
Tim.

Yes, well, er! I don't know what to say :eek:

Oh, yes! I do like P&F charts and will buy you a pint, with pleasure.

Split

I can see evidence of a trend following system developing here.

However I'm predicting an end to this bubble so I'm going short - here I am back at the forum....

I can see evidence of a trend following system developing here.

However I'm predicting an end to this bubble so I'm going short - here I am back at the forum....

hmm would'nt that in effect still leave you synthetic long I'm going? The position to take the opposite side should be Long- here I am back at the forum? :p

Either way nice call.....

Best of luck starspacer.

This is all so emotional, I am in floods of tears.

I think I will have to resign also, sob...............

This is all so emotional, I am in floods of tears.
I think I will have to resign also, sob...............
Hi yacarob,
Not necessary: please don't!!!!
Go with the flow yacarob1 - stay with the plot. dbp - you're abstinence of late is noted and I hope that you're 'hangin' in there' and aren't too frustrated with the meanderings of the site? Suffice to say, the cream always rises to the top.;)
Speaking personally, I'm about to embark on the road to self employment as a full time trader - having given up my day job. So, I really value the advice, support and encouragement from you guys and, most importantly, those traders more experienced than myself!!!!
Tim.

Hi yacarob,
Not necessary: please don't!!!!
Go with the flow yacarob1 - stay with the plot. dbp - you're abstinence of late is noted and I hope that you're 'hangin' in there' and aren't too frustrated with the meanderings of the site? Suffice to say, the cream always rises to the top.;)
Speaking personally, I'm about to embark on the road to self employment as a full time trader - having given up my day job. So, I really value the advice, support and encouragement from you guys and, most importantly, those traders more experienced than myself!!!!
Tim.

I can't read a Goodbye in there, can I ? :eek: Hope not, anyway. Trouble is, I'm getting a bit jumpy these days, with this mass exodus.

Split

I can't read a Goodbye in there, can I ? :eek: Hope not, anyway. Trouble is, I'm getting a bit jumpy these days, with this mass exodus.

Split

OTOH, take a look at who's exodusing . . .

AFAIC, the new moderators are doing an excellent job, and the site's better than it ever has been, at least for those who are serious about discussing trading and trading-related subjects. Let those who enjoy turmoil take full advantage of ET. It's only a mouse-click away. :)

Db

OTOH, take a look at who's exodusing . . .

AFAIC, the new moderators are doing an excellent job, and the site's better than it ever has been, at least for those who are serious about discussing trading and trading-related subjects. Let those who enjoy turmoil take full advantage of ET. It's only a mouse-click away. :)

Db

I agree. Seems to be no sign of re-entry either!!