Gold v Bitcoin: It's Time!

Only 20mins in myself, so dont know the outcome of the debate.

Been waiting for this ever since Frank started calling Michael out!

To be fair looking at the date of the OP and then price at the time vs ATH it is probably quite even. That being said BTC has been pushing on since then whereas gold hasn't got going. December will be an interesting month for both with recent CPI data and the prospect of increased interest rates around the corner.

This is where a lot of you go wrong.

You fail to understand the role of gold.

I'll repeat, gold and BTC do not do the same thing. They are in different leagues.

1 is an investment, and the other is a speculation. 1 has intrinsic value, the other does not. 1 is a store of value, the other is not. 1 is a manic bubble, the other is not.

You don't buy physical gold to get rich. You buy it to preserve what you have.

BTC on the other hand is being bought by those who aim to get rich off it. And I hope they do.

I agree with you completely.
I hold both as hedges against inflation and as you speculation that BTC will as I think people can see will keep rising .
Bitcoin is gold for nerds 🤓

Bitcoin is gold for nerds
🤓

But it's not...
This is my point.

BTC is nothing like gold, and never will be.

BTC'ers need to stop referring to it as gold.
In a desperate attempt to establish validity, they try to attach it to an already established asset - gold.

What should be a strategy to trade bitcoin in this uncertain sitution?

Not doing it would be my recommendation.

Pick something that has actual value and isn't just a FAD.

Uranium has some great fundamentals and upside, though the sector is tiny and therefore VERY volatile!
Precious metals miners are historically undervalued - so in the near future you could look for long trades (or just position yourself long now if you want to invest for a longer time horizon)

The argument of is bitcoin the digital gold will tickle me allways. Heres a kittleI remember in 2010 i was approached by a guy in work who sais "you heard of bitcoin, this digital money?"shows me how he's been mining it and proceeds to mine 3 blocks relatively quickly. The 150btc in rewards shows me it added to a wallet. Makes a wallet on my pc then sends me those coins and some explaining to send them back and forth whilst more or less mining my own transaction, seeing a wallet balance at the time worth around 0.75pence, I said to hell with that all that hassle not worth my time. 12 years later I still quite haven't gotten over not keeping track of my wallet and key file or listening to his almost conspiracy like behaviour. After checking in several years later and a fear of missing out further setting in I'd consider buying some at approx £250, within a couple of weeks it was at £500.....but believing the so called financially knowledgeable folks advice along the way.... bitcoins going to zero, bad idea to buy it I would shy away and say I'll buy it cheaper maybe, allways forgetting about it after the hype died down. Moral of the story is ignore everyone and just focus on the technicals as they are written. Psychology will do the rest , maybe with a little help from mm's. Even if it was destined for zero I'll be waiting there to buy them all after everything iv been through because of it don't you worry.

Not doing it would be my recommendation.

I agree not to trade btc with long term positions atm with the idea its going to the moon or as low as 10k or whatever these daft predictions I hear are. What happens will happen. but imo the volatility is ripe for scalping at the moment bit riskier but my usual pvsra,mm method is proving pretty consistent atm, using few emas and daily pivots as focal points. Bit of a gamble for anyone unfamiliar but it's behaving as I'd expect at psychological levels, local highs and lows, adr pivots, and wicking towards where Id expect alot of stops and limit orders to sit along the way, with sharp moves away. If the shoe fits and all that