Bitcoin is bankrupt

China is much too gullable in investing in US paper money. They should insist that in future it is backed by assets like land. Only this would jerk the US out of it's complacency and out-of-control spending. Of course the politicians like to look good spending big. It's not really their money and by the time someone starts asking awkward questions, like how are they going repay the loans, they have long disappeared over the horizon.

Much the same with Greece.

Hot air and excuses just aren't enough.

Last edited:
I suppose I'm too old to grasp the logic of how this worked, in the first place.

I see that the last price for one was $10,000. So where is the Bitcoin and where is the $10,000?

I suppose I'm too old to grasp the logic of how this worked, in the first place.

I see that the last price for one was $10,000. So where is the Bitcoin and where is the $10,000?

All smoke and mirrors as far as I can see. Those in the bitcoin circle made shedloads and the hangers on may be left with a nasty loss. A scam of epic proportions.

Run with the Pack

It's a case of "The Emperor has no clothes." Enough people shout loud enough about money for nothing and the more followers dumb enough gather to follow them.

"The Emperor's New Clothes" (Danish: Kejserens nye Klæder) is a short tale by Hans Christian Andersen about two weavers who promise an Emperor a new suit of clothes that is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent. When the Emperor parades before his subjects in his new clothes, no one dares to say that he doesn't see any suit of clothes until a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes