Gold calls.Long term -medium term and intraday calls in gold is here !.

Calls/Signals provided by "sujithsstorock" have earned me profit ?

• YES

Votes: 51 36.4%
  • NO

Votes: 89 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
platamania , i take it upon myself for being the reason for dow discussions.

Yes you have point that this is gold calls thread , but lately i have started giving dow , ftse , currency and crude calls too. It won't be easy for me to give various calls at various threads.So instead , i give my every call here.

I do realise that 8 out of 10 members here don't trade dow , or ftse and the like. But on the other side, you can take this opportunity as a understanding n learning experience for other markets.Diversification helps your portfolio . :) . I hope u understand n am not pushing u to accept it. You will get gold calls as email notification if you are subscribed..So thats one option.

Ok Suji no problem whith that ,i understand and i will learn from other markets too !!thanks and sorry !!

Well since some here are betting on the FTSE. Now the main components of FTSE are raw materials these days, since the banks are not so valuable. Thus betting against the FTSE is much like betting that a commodities index will fall.

The best way to know if commodities will fall is to look at the Baltic Dry index. There are limited bulk dry goods carriers and they cant just make more. So if nobody wants coal or wheat, then there will be less demand for carriers and shipping rates fall. The advantage of this index is that it is only ship owners and people with stuff to ship, no speculators allowed. Thus the speculators may push prices around but you can see underlaying supply and demand. Oil costs make up about sizable amount of shipping costs, yet even taking that into account shipping costs are falling.

This indicates the true picture for commodities is bleak and the world is going into recession. The smart money will be moving out of equities and riding it out in bonds. However since the bond market is looking shaky. I don't have much confidence in the ability of the monolines to make good their credit default swaps if those bond issuers default.

So where to turn, well gold begins to look attractive. This is the monetary aspect of gold coming into play, its not a true commodity like so many want to believe.

It bounced off 845 several times over the last few days. Hence when it broke through it shot up to 860, since people could see all the shorts who had placed at that point were defeated. That resistance will provide support on the way down. We all see this line so put our buy orders there. Hence waiting for 843 may mean you don't get filled since the others buying will bounce it back up. If it breaks through to 843 I would be more inclined to short since the longs have been defeated.