Global manipulation

Racer

The more I look at futures and markets over the last few years compared to previously the more I think global manipulation is going on and no one seems to notice.
Any one else think so or other views?

For example, today a 'terrorist threat' was rumoured 'just' when US at key levels and recovering to the upside.. oh what a shame the markets didn't like it. Better so go short cos more of the big cats are in on the act? Or are they?

Same with vol spikes before key announcements.. oh dear guv we didn't know anything, yer 'oner.. sur...

Racer,

There is always manipulation in the air, but didn't see any signs of strenght today in the US.

Can I rephrase..

there is and always has been, 'manipulation' since markets and humans first started to trade, but it is now on a global scale!

Re the US markets...
Doing okay until
"a terror threat warning from Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge... The latter was issued around 11:15 ET when the broader market was in the midst of a rebound effort from opening losses... While the market maintained that bid through the course of Ridge's news conference, it proved to be an intra-day inflection point as the rebound conviction ran out of steam soon thereafter..."

MKS, and insider trading, no action taken??

I was watching the order book on it some time in the day before the initial bid was announced... if someone wasn't in the know, well (insert appropriate words of disbelief here)

Another piece in the jigsaw..

look at VDY the drop.... before..... the announcement.. co-incidence? I think not....

You have to watch for the footprints cos they can't conceal the big ones!