GFT UK Spreadbetting......

GFT do offer MT4 for spreadbetting. I have a live account with them. It's only for FX though, not for indices etc.

GFTUK is a nightmare. When I was on my demo I had no issues with slippages, requotes, and platform crash and slow. When I was set-up a live accouunt with 1200£ on of their guys started to control my trade. I was down for 260£ in my 7 hours of spread bet. Somehow I was managed to profit just for 10£. Literally when a market is against you every thing works perfectly; when you are starting to profit GFTUK's folks starting to intervent, requote and all unfair business. They are absolutely ********. Please avoid. I withdrewn all my money back. Still waiting to get into my bank account. If I won't get my money back that I did not loose I will report to MET Police.

I am consider to register with ProSpreads..

GFTUK is a nightmare. When I was on my demo I had no issues with slippages, requotes, and platform crash and slow. When I was set-up a live accouunt with 1200£ on of their guys started to control my trade. I was down for 260£ in my 7 hours of spread bet. Somehow I was managed to profit just for 10£. Literally when a market is against you every thing works perfectly; when you are starting to profit GFTUK's folks starting to intervent, requote and all unfair business. They are absolutely ********. Please avoid. I withdrewn all my money back. Still waiting to get into my bank account. If I won't get my money back that I did not loose I will report to MET Police.

I am consider to register with ProSpreads..

Were you scalping?

Were you scalping?

No, I was simply a spread betting. When I started to profit I was just requoted repeatedly when I placed a new bet say for same-share that was actually decreased and I was guessing right. I have 5 good shares to bet on and I was studied their movements for ages and ages to get on that stage. But I just wonder how can you profit and make some money if some of these guys from GFTUK control your tradings, requotes and slows a system for everything you do? They just do everythin against you.That's a really shame. It's not I was expecting tbh. My shares are good - but I have had read a lot of reviews on SB companies and 99,9% are just a little crooks!

My last hope is prospreads. But I have to save some money again to open an account with them.

No, I was simply a spread betting. When I started to profit I was just requoted repeatedly when I placed a new bet say for same-share that was actually decreased and I was guessing right. I have 5 good shares to bet on and I was studied their movements for ages and ages to get on that stage. But I just wonder how can you profit and make some money if some of these guys from GFTUK control your tradings, requotes and slows a system for everything you do? They just do everythin against you.That's a really shame. It's not I was expecting tbh. My shares are good - but I have had read a lot of reviews on SB companies and 99,9% are just a little crooks!

My last hope is prospreads. But I have to save some money again to open an account with them.

How long were these trades lasting, and how many per day?

How long were these trades lasting, and how many per day?

Does it make any differences? The fact is that they DO REQUOTES. No point to trade with them because you are not going to profit. How can you profit if they against you. Avoid.

As I stated earlier. I am considering to move for a prospreads. But they are quite pricey although. For example to buy minimum 100 lots it's going to costs you 100 x 0.05$ * 2 = 10$ And on the top of that you have to profit somehow with one bet at least. So I don't know..feel like I want to give up with my trading.

That's what I have received on my complaints from GFTUK:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your query, regarding the execution on your account.

We have looked into your account and believe the execution to be swift, fair and in line with the underlying market. You have had all but one of your trades filled by the system, within the same second and you have only received a requote 5 times, one of which was an improvement.

The Demo account is slightly different to the Live account, in the sense that it may not always reflect actual market conditions. This is a tool to be used to allow our clients to familiarise themselves with the platform.

If you are trying to open or close a position but do not want to receive a requote, you can issue a Market Order, which will guarantee you execution, but will not guarantee the price you issued the order at.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's like requotes its their norms.. Gosh.

You want to quit trading cuz u had a few requotes ?! give Igindex or Oanda a try ...

Have you got account with IG Index? Any good? no requotes? Could you tell me more about please, becasue I need more feedback...

Have you got account with IG Index? Any good? no requotes? Could you tell me more about please, becasue I need more feedback...

I had an account with them in the past , customer service good , execution is instant and fast give it a try with small amounts and see how it goes , Oanda is instant and fast as well ...

I had an account with them in the past , customer service good , execution is instant and fast give it a try with small amounts and see how it goes , Oanda is instant and fast as well ...

Why you say in the past. What broker are you using now? Can you PM if it's not a secret. Oanda I believe only for FX. I trade only equities.

Why you say in the past. What broker are you using now? Can you PM if it's not a secret. Oanda I believe only for FX. I trade only equities.

In the past cuz i had a problem with them and it was my fault i owed them $400 and i didn't want to pay so they closed my account but it was my fault , it is really a good company i would love to have an account with them again , you know go to Igmarkets .co.uk and open a demo account , IGindex platform is similar to Igmarkets but they dont offer a demo account . Oanda Europe has indices and commodities CFDs .

In the past cuz i had a problem with them and it was my fault i owed them $400 and i didn't want to pay so they closed my account but it was my fault , it is really a good company i would love to have an account with them again , you know go to Igmarkets .co.uk and open a demo account , IGindex platform is similar to Igmarkets but they dont offer a demo account . Oanda Europe has indices and commodities CFDs .

Thanks Tar. Will try IG Index. :smart:

This morning I have received my money bank. Please stay away from them if you don't want to waste your time.

Thanks for the heads up

as far as im aware GFT are also now owned by Gain capital - which also own Forex.com

Gain and Forex.com "allegedly" come up as a scam on well known and less well known review sites
seems best to avoid all if possible

Boris Schlossberg used to rate GFT (US) quite highly except during news - but this was a yr or two ago and before Gain bought them

then again he is likely one of the lucky 5% given preferential treatment
nice guy (although he is a fairly useless trader) "allegedly"

Last edited: