GFT UK Spreadbetting......

How do they work? What's the basis for counting as "inactivity"?

Please be advised that GFT's inactivity trading policy requires that all customers who do not trade for a period of 60 days or more receive an inactivity fee or software license fee. These customer trading requirements are outlined in the agreed to CFD and forex trading policy (section 7.3) as well as GFT's general terms and conditions (section 40.1). As long as your account remains open and funded, you may avoid any applicable inactivity fees by placing a minimum of one trade every 60 days.:mad:

Last edited:
Please be advised that GFT's inactivity trading policy requires that all customers who do not trade for a period of 60 days or more receive an inactivity fee or software license fee. These customer trading requirements are outlined in the agreed to CFD and forex trading policy (section 7.3) as well as GFT's general terms and conditions (section 40.1). As long as your account remains open and funded, you may avoid any applicable inactivity fees by placing a minimum of one trade every 60 days.:mad:

Charging a license fee for software you don't need (they have a web platform apart from Dealbook) is unbelievable. No wonder they have so few clients.

Charging a license fee for software you don't need (they have a web platform apart from Dealbook) is unbelievable. No wonder they have so few clients.
I don't think this is the main reason for the modest interest for the company. They have a huge minimum deposit, I believe this is what put off most of the traders from joining them. Otherwise my impression of the company is that they provide a good SB service (I don't trade with them).

Hi, one of my trading strategies is based on trailing stops, it's a setup and forget type of gig but unfortunately I have yet to find a provider other than halifax share dealing that offer the service, iii have been badgering me for months to open an account with them and it appears they use dealbook 360 (made by GFT), I'm presuming that DB360 has the trailing stop feature so I gave in to them and will try them out. This will be using CFD's not SCAM betting.

I have heard people say that deal book sucks but to be honest I only place about 5 trades a day, and as long as I can look at a chart ,scroll through historic data, have pivot points and a few other technicals then I'm happy. For me being able to click buys and sells on to an actual chart is a breakthrough, currently I have to do it manually on an order pad!

Last edited:
Hi, correct me if I am wrong but GFT is allowed to add slippage to your entry. So if I see a price and click to execute, I may not get the price I see. I suppose this ensures you have position without getting disturbed by requotes but could someone tell me what sort of slippage you can expect? During normal trading, normal trading but with a pretty large 1min candle stick to when there is a economic announcement?

Hi, one of my trading strategies is based on trailing stops, it's a setup and forget type of gig but unfortunately I have yet to find a provider other than halifax share dealing that offer the service, iii have been badgering me for months to open an account with them and it appears they use dealbook 360 (made by GFT), I'm presuming that DB360 has the trailing stop feature so I gave in to them and will try them out. This will be using CFD's not SCAM betting.

I have heard people say that deal book sucks but to be honest I only place about 5 trades a day, and as long as I can look at a chart ,scroll through historic data, have pivot points and a few other technicals then I'm happy. For me being able to click buys and sells on to an actual chart is a breakthrough, currently I have to do it manually on an order pad!

Dealbook is about the best platform you will get from a SB company.

Hi, correct me if I am wrong but GFT is allowed to add slippage to your entry. So if I see a price and click to execute, I may not get the price I see. I suppose this ensures you have position without getting disturbed by requotes but could someone tell me what sort of slippage you can expect? During normal trading, normal trading but with a pretty large 1min candle stick to when there is a economic announcement?

Nope, you will get requoted if price moves. You click an allow button to allow slippage up to x points but then why would you do that as it just allows the broker to slip you.
When there is an economic announcement, no system will be perfect. Under normal conditions, you won;t get any slippage with them.

That all seems strangely familiar! They could be the best SB, if they took any notice of client feedback and tried to make DealBook work properly. You'll always get the worst price with deal tickets, but stop and limit orders dragged on the chart keep flicking back to the original position. As they seem to have no inclination to fix this fault, you have to assume it's a deliberate way of stopping what the SB providers term as scalping.

Yeah, that is annoying when you drag them but you have to do it quickly. If you do it on their web platform it works perfectly.
Their account managers are a bunch of c***s though. I remember when I signed up, they wanted to know how much savings I had and the reason was "because my manager wants to know where the money will be coming from"! I couldn't believe an acct manager would say that!
Still, I've tried many platforms and Dealbook is by far the best from a SBer but I'll be going DMA soon anyway I think as the spreads are a killer on mostly anything apart from FTSE and DOW.

I don't think this is the main reason for the modest interest for the company. They have a huge minimum deposit, I believe this is what put off most of the traders from joining them. Otherwise my impression of the company is that they provide a good SB service (I don't trade with them).

The minimum deposit is £150 when I last looked.

Software is free.
Inactivity fee shouldn't concern most people.
Almost every DMA broker charges licence fees and a lot of shares companies charge inacitivity fees so seems normal.

Do they really have only a few clients or is this Trade2Win "knowledge" ? :)

i have a demo account with gft and spoke to them on the phone a few times! they are always there to answer my questions (no matter how stupid they my be lol) and the deal book platform on demo mode anyway seems great i plan on opening a real account soon so will let you all know what they are really like to trade with

i have a demo account with gft and spoke to them on the phone a few times! they are always there to answer my questions (no matter how stupid they my be lol) and the deal book platform on demo mode anyway seems great i plan on opening a real account soon so will let you all know what they are really like to trade with

Can you update us on this one please?

Are the speads - particularly on FX - as competitive as noted here?

Cheers.

Their spreads are not competitive, no...not compared to most of the other platforms in the UK.

Thanks for the reply but how are they not competitive compared to most other platforms in the UK when they are quoting spreads as low as 0.8 on Eur/Usd and cable for example? I have n't seen any lower than this!

Thanks

BTW, if it's not a to intrusive question are you Spanish, religious and/or just fond of spanish beer or any combination of the three.

Thanks for the reply but how are they not competitive compared to most other platforms in the UK when they are quoting spreads as low as 0.8 on Eur/Usd and cable for example? I have n't seen any lower than this!

Thanks

BTW, if it's not a to intrusive question are you Spanish, religious and/or just fond of spanish beer or any combination of the three.

Their rates are variable. For example, right now, EU is a spread of 1.7. Cable is also often around 3.

Beer.

Their rates are variable. For example, right now, EU is a spread of 1.7. Cable is also often around 3.

Beer.

Aaah, thought as much.

I like the deal thru' charts at IG but was looking to find cheaper spreads, do you think I would find them at GFT?

Thanks

San Miguel (beer).... niiiiiice