GFT UK Spreadbetting......

There seems to be a platform problem since 17:00 BST. I have been able to log into the web version but the download version has not been fixed it seems.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

PS For those who have used GFT or white labels for many months, has this sort of major outage happened before?

Well, coming up to two weeks with them and I am not having good connections with their download version. The platform connection status started to creep down and I just thought I would close out the trade. I couldn't. Logged back in and connection status seemed okay so I tried to enter in reverse to close out the trade and it would not close. Tried again. No. So I logged into the web version and find that it had closed and I have one reverse trade which I did not want so I closed this with a loss.

It is frustrating to say the least.

I am chatting live at the moment and they say that there are multiple ISPs with a problem. Seems the problem is on my side. But connection is fine with everything else. So surely the problem is not on my side?

It appears I have to wait until my ISP resolves the issue. Better to stick with the Web version.

Well, the desktop version does not agree with my setup. However, I am happy with their web offering. I thought the execution was slow with the desktop but this web one is impressive. Have only tested with up to 2ppp.

They are looking into updating the platform with a stop loss box in their deal ticket. Hopefully they will offer this with how many pips away.

They are looking into updating the platform with a stop loss box in their deal ticket. Hopefully they will offer this with how many pips away.
Yes, it is about time and the reason that I haven't used the web platform that much.:)

Last edited:
I tried this broker before in 2010 and it took a good 4 months to give up on'em! Their charts frequently were out of sync with the general market movements. My stop losses most of the time get hit on GFT but not on my other MT4 account.
Stay away from these thieves!

Hi Spread-Bettor, during the past 2 weeks, I have found one occasion on the chart with a greater than average movement of price compared to two other spread betting companies. Thank you for your comment as it has made me recall this incident. At the time I was thinking about placing limit orders to take advantage of such movements. But you have reminded me that such spikes can affect you badly.

Sadly I cannot quantify the spike. It was not greater than 20 pips I think. If anyone has the data, could someone check as I have the date and the price of the peak. I should have recorded the peak for the other two companies. It was EURUSD, 2nd May 2014, time 7:55 which I believe is European time so 8:55 UK time. The peak price: 1.3862. I confirmed with them that the movement is valid. It was a spike up and then down so a maximum.

At the time I remember the incident to be just mildly shocking because it was not too big to be shocking but not too small to be blatantly obvious. I hope someone can check the peak with a different data provider.

i started to get my orders "blinking red" it doesn't goes to order straight away but blinks red first then buy. i'm trading the nikkei 225. anyone having the same problem? this sounds a bit fishy to me.