Getting 'Red Flagged'

And about the Euro price for IG, yeah its 1 pip in the day but FTSE is also, i was using these

Yeah its gonna take me a while, im thinking of going demo for a bit when it comes to scalping, that way i can try risky new methods without bankrupting myself ha :LOL:

Thought you were categorically saying i was not going to do ok lol

remember :idea: tiny chance

I have listened mate, but i cant install MT4 just yet.. im on a mac, and i need windows

Im in spain but do have a copy of UK Windows XP on its way to me, and can go from there

But, even then what is different from Alpari and IG if the spreads are similar? Thats what i can't get my head round, on IG if it says "P/L £25" then when i press close it is £25 In what way is IG 5 pips behind, if what i see is what i get, if you know what i mean? If its 5 pips behind when i see it, then when i click it will be so makes no difference?

inserts <bang head on desk emoticon>..

Why use Metatrader? Practice on this with small stakes, then move on up to dbfx (same platform). Or stay with fxcm...You could even keep the micro account for developing strats/or proving to yourself that one of the dopey over complicated ideas you had at 2am actually doesnt work..

http://www.forexmicrolot.com/

I have listened mate, but i cant install MT4 just yet.. im on a mac, and i need windows

Im in spain but do have a copy of UK Windows XP on its way to me, and can go from there

But, even then what is different from Alpari and IG if the spreads are similar? Thats what i can't get my head round, on IG if it says "P/L £25" then when i press close it is £25 In what way is IG 5 pips behind, if what i see is what i get, if you know what i mean? If its 5 pips behind when i see it, then when i click it will be so makes no difference?

what's your account type with IG , plus or limited risk ?

inserts <bang head on desk emoticon>..

Why use Metatrader? Practice on this with small stakes, then move on up to dbfx (same platform). Or stay with fxcm...You could even keep the micro account for developing strats/or proving to yourself that one of the dopey over complicated ideas you had at 2am actually doesnt work..

http://www.forexmicrolot.com/

Cheers, as said i knew IG were not ideal but until i get MT4 its been something i have used, and yes i think demo or microlots are a good idea for now? Cheers

what's your account type with IG , plus or limited risk ?

Its the plus i think, but it was 2 years ago when i opened it and they mentioned there was a choice of two.. but i never take any risks and it will only allow trades i have the margin for

EDIT: when i say i don't take risks, i mean stop loss always means thats all i'll lose

Last edited:
don't worry u will not make it anyway !

I am certain you will make it.
Just because some losers don't, they will post comments like the above based on their loser experiences.
Don't even bother asking the above loser to explain as his explaination would be a loss based one.

Its the plus i think, but it was 2 years ago when i opened it and they mentioned there was a choice of two.. but i never take any risks and it will only allow trades i have the margin for

if it is a plus account and u use normal stops not guaranteed stops then you are not paying more spread with IG , in fact IG execution is faster than FXCM's and Alpari , Oanda is fast 2 , but there is some advantages with Fxcm micro : u can trade micro lots , u dont need to worry about dealing desk and dealer intervention but there is slippage , Oanda is good 2 , fast , trade small size , instant , but u cant trade around news time ( spread widen dramatically ) . Anyway its good to have multiple accounts and trade small .

I am certain you will make it.
Just because some losers don't, they will post comments like the above based on their loser experiences.
Don't even bother asking the above loser to explain as his explaination would be a loss based one.

J***k we r talking about scalping not trading , u cant deny there is only a small chance he will be a profitable scalper ...

its the leverage i use them for

Oh you should be okay then.

Here. You can have this as well if you like.

tendon_ambition_30m_confidence_rope__48551_thumb.jpg

Cheers, as said i knew IG were not ideal but until i get MT4 its been something i have used, and yes i think demo or microlots are a good idea for now? Cheers

imho the fxcm/dbfx platform is/are the best in the biz. and marketscope is a good charting package but I use PRT from IG alongside. In terms of slippage I've had zero issues on the day trades I've taken this week. Today 15 trades; Euro, cable and GBP/YEN, and all nailed to the decimal..

Forget demo go with one of the micros. Get proficient over the rest of this year, then step it up.

Sound advice, one question.. do any of these brokers have the facility to trade FTSE or Wall St?

I expect that it'll be a no with them being 'Forex Brokers' but just checking

With scalping there seems to be two types one is the American one, where you do countless trades going for 1 or 2 points and the more refined British one fewer trades where you aim for 10 points and up I know people are more successful going for the 10-20 using 5 minute charts.
Yes I agree there is a slimer chance of the suceeding in the American type.

Sound advice, one question.. do any of these brokers have the facility to trade FTSE or Wall St?

I expect that it'll be a no with them being 'Forex Brokers' but just checking

with FXCM micro u cant trade indices , with Fxcm UK u can trade oil , indices ( Ftse ) but u cant trade forex in micro lots ...

With scalping there seems to be two types one is the American one, where you do countless trades going for 1 or 2 points and the more refined British one fewer trades where you aim for 10 points and up I know people are more successful going for the 10-20 using 5 minute charts.
Yes I agree there is a slimer chance of the suceeding in the American type.

Yes im still learning about support and resistance, up until now my scalping has been very simple and i have just bought if a green candle appears after a few reds, or sold when a red appears after greens, it has worked best for me to scalp in to the trend, so say if it is an upwards trend i'll press buy after we have had a dip when the next green candle appears as i expect it may correct its self.... My techniques really need refining though, i take far too many risky trades but i have purposely done about 150 trades this week with minimal money to learn, and what you are saying above makes sense.. does anyone know of somewhere that has resources that may help me learn support / resistance and when its best to buy / sell when scalping, what to look for etc?

Thanks

have you got some statements or something to show your results so far? I'd like to see.

You can't get PDF statements from IG, although i went to the length of copying a days trading and putting it in to a thread the other day, I have no reason to distort it, im here for constrictive criticism.. i have been getting an average of between 60-70% success but whenever i go bigger £ per point i end up losing all my
hard earned scalps, so gonna stay small for now

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/day-trading-scalping/122068-whip-me-shape-scalpers-d.html