Getting live IG prices into excel spreadsheet

C

cablemonster

Hi

Any gurus know how to get live IG prices into an excel spreadsheet so custom studies can be worked on.

Thanks in advance to any tech geniuses out there.

cable

Hi

Any gurus know how to get live IG prices into an excel spreadsheet so custom studies can be worked on.

Thanks in advance to any tech geniuses out there.

cable

you will need to "scrape" the prices - you'll probably need someone with some experience in this area... it's not difficult but I dont actually know how to do it myself.. you may need to pay a coder a couple of hundred quid to do it for you - hope this points you in the right direction!

Do you need the granular, IG specific data? Couldn't you use another feed as a proxy?

I suppose it doesn't need to be IG data its just they have good coverage of instruments. I wanted to run some studies on custom spreads. I figured that ig data would suffice as I would be position trading.

I suppose it doesn't need to be IG data its just they have good coverage of instruments. I wanted to run some studies on custom spreads. I figured that ig data would suffice as I would be position trading.

What you mean by custom spread ? Tesco-Sainsbury for example , then check their prorealtime charts you can chart any custom spread you want - i tried that some time ago -

What you mean by custom spread ? Tesco-Sainsbury for example , then check their prorealtime charts you can chart any custom spread you want - i tried that some time ago -

Will check out pro real time thanks. In terms of spreads all manner of stuff I am interested in. Things like CAC DAX cash spread and custom baskets like top 5 stocks in DOW as custom indicators.

if you don't need real-time or streaming data, see if you can get a trial with eSignal onDemand - I've used it in the past exactly for this, you can get a boatload of data for very cheap because it's delayed (by, at most, 15 mins) but not streaming.

So, for a borader look at the markets as a whole, it was great. Any trades I put on were done in the futures and I just used TT's historical data to chart the most recent action and pick my entry from the DOM when the time came..

You can do custom spreads, custom tickers, on any ticker that eSignal can get, for (iirc) about $50pm.
Highly Recommended.

I know this is a very old thread but I've built an Excel Add-in (Excel Price Feed Add-in) which enables streaming and retrieval of live prices from IG Index.

The Add-in currently provides live and streaming prices to Excel cells via simple formulas such as:

Code:
=EPF.IG.Stream.Bid("CS.D.GBPUSD.TODAY.IP")

Contact me either via the website or private message and I can send you an Activation Code for a free 20 day trial.

I am adding historical data access as well as other functionality depending on user feedback.