Getting into day trading from the UK

ironjaw

60 9
Hi ironjaw,
Kaeso makes a very good point. Given that you say in your OP that your starting balance will be £1,000 - I think it's safe to say that it will be many, many years before you need to worry about paying CGT! ;-)

Ha! correct. I'm mainly going to work on my strategy and order execution as well as market familiarisation to get practice. Thanks all for the help.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,177 1,240
Where does this (widespread) reluctance to use leverage originate? Leverage is a useful tool for the job. Like any other tool it can be misused - its always possible to bring that hammer down on your thumb, but if you really want a nail in the wall what else should you use?

By the way, for the anti-leverage crusaders, what do you think your mortgage is?

Reactions: cantagril

TickedOff

6 0
hey Im in a similar spot as OP except I want access to the max leverage as possible, with an account size of $5k. I believe with IB I only get 2:1 leverage?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock