US Broker For UK Residents

ChrisCraig

US Broker For UK Residents?

I am looking to open an account with a US broker who offer a good trading platform with Level 2, time and sales, hi-low ticker, streaming charts, a decent array of studies (stochastic, moving averages etc) and ideally direct access but that's not essential. Unfortunately I've found many do not allow UK residents to open accounts, which includes CyberTrader who would be my first choice and Schwab US who would be my second.

The only brokers I found that allow UK residents to open accounts are Charles Schwab, Ameritrade and E*TRADE. The Schwab InternationalOne account with the StreetSmart Pro platform would be ideal but the $30 commission is rather high. Ameritrade doesn't seem to offer what I'm looking for. Power E*TRADE Pro seems to have everything I want and $9.99 trades but I've heard a lot of bad things about E*TRADE from a lot of people who have used them and gone elsewhere (and the ECN fees are a bit of a put off).

I'm rather weary of going with E*TRADE so before I do is there anywhere else I should look at before I do?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Last edited: