GBP vs USD what next?

actually, I'm flat & watching Nick to be honest!!......didn't like the top, wasn't impressed with the long covering/selling??!!....plenty of time to hop on board!......rangey little beggers these animals...... :D

I'm buying euro back at 750 for another spin

Edit (bought at 755 first time and stopped at 726 in the end. Wish I'd shorted down now as in retropsect it behaved like a double top!)

+back in GBP at 694 out at 664 and 800

Last edited:
what do you think of the GBP bet? It looks to go up again but i've lost confidence in it for now. Just wish i held on to that long at 1.8950 instead of taking the 45 point loss!

Hey, dude you'd have been crazy not to stop out! It's broken up through the short term downtrend so I'm in at 694.

Also usdcad looks like a breakdown. I'm short at 1.3290 t

GBP 1.8800

CAD i'm looking for 150 ticks. I'lll be stopped out soon though probably at 1.3305 and see what's happening. May be forming a double top or a flag to take it up further.

That euro/$ looks about as appetizing as a **** sandwich!

Buying at 733 if it turns back.

Last edited:
Shorted cad again at 1.3310.

Score for the week so far is

GBP +121
EUR -46
CAD -15

+8.8%

How are you guys doing?

Looks o.k. My rational is

1: overall uptrend

2: Break in short term downtrend: target 730

3: Inverse Head & Shoulders (Head at 640 / Shoulder base 730) break up to (730 +90) 820. Call it 800 to be safe.

4:Stop at top of 664 Shoulder

5: MACD up

6: above 50 day EMA

7: 3:1 PL Ratio

Have moved my stop to 685 just under current short term uptrend.

Last edited:
all makes sense nick, looks like inverse head and shoulders. Only traded the forex today and am on 0 at the moment. But holding long for now. When is target 1.8800 likely to be reached? Im assuming some time early tmro. Judging by the length of the shoulder and head so far.

Don't know, sometime tommorrow (if it goes!) I think.

It just meets my own personal criteria for a trade so I'm not really bothered if it goes or not, or when it goes.

I like to get in early (too early sometimes!) but I'm happy with my research that I'm right enough of the time to make a profit.

Don't take my advice as were probably working different money management and p:l ratio schemes. + I'm wrong half the time!

:LOL:

Last edited:
Im only aiming for 50 pips. Then see where to go after that. Im still focusing on the dow so don't wanna spend too much time, and tie up too much capital on the forex, at the moment the dow isn't going anywhere but looks to drop tmro, wanna keep capital for that.

Yeah, it takes time to get to know a market as well I think. (or try to get to know it in my case!)

Hammer, getting to know a market is like making love to a beautiful woman................. First you have to feel for her sensitive places, then watch as she gently moves up and down, rhythmicaly before your eyes........ then plunge in your hard cash......both of you climbing higher and higher.......don't pull out to soon.........!

I can't go on. can you finish for me?!!!!!!

:D :LOL: :D :LOL:

And i guess playing with 2 markets is like going out with 2 girls at the same time. If you forget about 1 and pay too much attention to the other then you're gonna get caught and end up with nothing!

Thats why i have 3!!! ;)

You're a very wise man Hammer! :LOL: :D

I've bought the Euro, possibly a bit too soon, much higher though and I think it's definitly a buy.

Must switch off soon. Swim , sauna, drink!

Im looking at it now, sure looks like its on its way up now. But interested to know what your target is. Just sitting around waiting on my position on the GBP, getting bored. Waiting for the right shoulder to formed.

I've recently begun to research the pros and cons of trading the FX market but have some reservations owing to the fact I am unable to day trade. Could anyone provide a strategy or some pointers as to how i could swing/position trade the GBP/USD and give an indication as to the level of stops which could/should be used during a time scale beyond 1 day.
Thx in advance.
Mick