GBP/USD

Once again, Brexit related headlines about the EU and the UK agreed on a Brexit deal have been driven the pair and hit this week high. But it is still a long way ahead of us, the deal is yet to be approved by the UK's parliament, let's see.

The GBPUSD stays above the 1.3000 level, but it may go back below that level towards the 1.2900 level. On the other hand, if it continues rallying, then the 200 day EMA around the 1.3174 level could act as resistance.

The pair reached the inflection point at the 100- and 50SMA and retreated to lower levels. I'm expecting it to touch the 1.28 level briefly before continuing to the upside.

GBP/Usd had rollercoaster day while Brexit news kept coming. Currently, the pair is trading just under 1.30 level and lack of strong directional strength, I guess only Brexit headlines will tell us more clearly about where this pair going.

This is why i love intraday trading .
It was yet another amazing day yesterday on the GU .
It was what i call PIPS BUFFET DAY ! ! ! right through and including the US session .
Trading with the amazing tool the TMA ,,,, using the correct intraday settings and the understanding of targets and price action ,,,, and trading it in a basket style trading in the pressure zones ,,,, there were hundreds of pips on the table for the day ,,,,
When i look back at my chart and the trade entries on it ,,, it blows my mind , but yet not surprised at what can be achieved with the right approach .
Cheers.

High volatility on the GBPUSD

The GBPUSD has been very volatile, but without a clear direction. The GBPUSD stays around the 1.3000 level where we can find the 55 day EMA. From that level, the 1.2900 zone has been acting as support and to the upside, the 200 day EMA at the 1.3174 level could act as resistance.

A lot depends on the time frame one uses. Here is a 5 minute chart for scalping.

Attachments

• gbp-usd.PNG
    gbp-usd.PNG
    59.1 KB · Views: 150
UK Government have confirmed a statement at 10:30GMT from PM May in the House of Commons on the Withdrawal Agreement. So expect a lot more volatility around 10:30 GMT.

excellent day on cable......my best since trading through the brexit vote night .....and more to come as we await her speech

The GBPUSD has been very volatile, but without a clear direction. The GBPUSD stays around the 1.3000 level where we can find the 55 day EMA. From that level, the 1.2900 zone has been acting as support and to the upside, the 200 day EMA at the 1.3174 level could act as resistance.

seriously ?.....you guys weren’t queing up to sell it ?.....i was surprised how well sterling was doing today ....but now the wheels have fell off

Well ,, Thanks to the silly news event ,,, they stuffed up the trading day for many traders ,,,,
BUT ,, based on my Price action filter i use ,, it was very clear there was going to be a major move ,,, and it was correct again as it hardly fails ,,,,
I will continue to trade the safe options ,,, as i have a hard rule of NO NEWS TRADING ,,, simply cause i am an intraday trader ,,,
So it was not a bad day prior to the news ,,, as there was a silver platter irresistible TMA setup at the Frankfurt/ London time for a nice basket for well over 100 pips on the GU ,,,, and another setup on the GJ ,,,, not a bad outcome ! ! !
So i am more than happy to sit on the side line during news and trade with over 95% probability trading

A fast drop on the GBPUSD that took the pair below the 1.2800 level and comes close to the 1.2694 level, but the price may consolidate around the 1.2800 level.

I don't think GBPUSD found the bottom on the short term. I'm expecting another leg to 1.2660.

GBP/Usd pulled up from yesterday's loss but remain bearish. As long as Brexit uncertainty continues, the Pound will remain under pressure. Eyes on European summit scheduled for Sunday next week.

No clear direction on the GBPUSD

The GBPUSD goes back above the 1.2800 level, but it has no clear direction, amid high volatility and indecision. To the upside, the 1.2900 level may act as resistance and to the downside, the 1.2694 level may act as support.

A fast drop on the GBPUSD that took the pair below the 1.2800 level and comes close to the 1.2694 level, but the price may consolidate around the 1.2800 level.

1.27 mark was really perfect long entry, with so much potential for optimistic outcome in Brexit, the pair had good chances to take off

GBP/Usd seems going to recover the small gap, the pair is in the negative territory but showing no clear directional strength at the moment, 1.28 level acts as important support.

The pair holds on its gains and consolidation movement continues, but upside seems limited. Resistance can be seen at 1.2890/1.2900 and follow by 1.2930.