GBP/USD

GBP/Usd is consolidating lower to 1.3150 level, I'm expecting the pair would fall further on Brexit disappointment, the negotiations between the UK and EU are slower than expected.

GBP/Usd is consolidating lower to 1.3150 level, I'm expecting the pair would fall further on Brexit disappointment, the negotiations between the UK and EU are slower than expected.

Yeah but I think it's a final roller coaster, after touchdown at 1.30 it will bounce higher as negotiations has fewer and fewer spats on the agenda

GBP/Usd starts the week with a big bearish gap, Brexit disappointment continues to weigh in on the pair.

EU Diplomats say that a deal was not reached on the weekend because the UK wants a UK-wide customs deal, and they are ready to restart talks when things calm down in London. What that even means "wide customs deal"?

GBP/Usd has recovered the bearish gap but the upside is limited to 1.3182 the immediate resistance level. Although GBP/Usd is still consolidating in the negative territory, the direction of this pair will be dominated by Brexit news.

EU Diplomats say that a deal was not reached on the weekend because the UK wants a UK-wide customs deal, and they are ready to restart talks when things calm down in London. What that even means "wide customs deal"?

This imho will make a hard brexit probable. But let's hope they keep some things like Interpol and science cooperation going.

I'm considering going short at 1.3270. I think it's a good entry for a short play on the short term.

Short-term the momentum remains bullish, but the pair upside is limited. GBP/Usd continues its sideway trading just below 1.3200 level.

This imho will make a hard brexit probable. But let's hope they keep some things like Interpol and science cooperation going.

I fully agree with your assessment in a case of a hard brexit. But I think we can still have a soft brexit.

I'm bearish for today's Retail sales in less than an hour. I'm also short, so I'm biased.

Wait for the bounce.

Attachments

• gbp-usd.PNG
    gbp-usd.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 113
Once again disappointing Brexit news sent GBP/Usd straight down to near 1.30 level. Well, the negotiation continues. Support level can be found at 1.3010, break below would give the pair more pressure on the downside.

The pair has dropped to the lowest point in 2 weeks, as long as GBP/Usd stay below 1.30 level, the negative momentum would be expected to continue.

Still falling. No bottom yet. It is being driven lower by the news.
The blue line is the median line for the last 8 days.

Attachments

• gbp-usd.PNG
    gbp-usd.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 107
I'm spotting a volume price anomaly on yesterday. Why an anomaly? Because we got a wide body candle with lower volume, comparing to the last three days. So we might get a bounce to the upside very soon.

At end of the day, there is still nothing new on Brexit negotiation which results GBP/Usd is lacking directional strength. The pair is consolidating below 1.30 level remain in the negative territory.

The GBPUSD stays below the 1.3000 level, but it has been very volatile around that level, without taking a clear direction. Below the 1.2924 level, the pair could drop to the 1.2800 level, which has acted as support in the past.

The probable outcome of a hard Brexit may well depress the Cable a lot lower soon to 1.20 ish.