Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

Target 3 still open (from system) but I moved my stop up to target one and let if run. Got stopped out on this third lot. Total +60 pips from this mornings trading. :)

Last edited:
Simply shoes :)

Attachments

• fri.jpg
    fri.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 278
Ok Gamma and thank you.

This week has been good - next trade is the the GAP. (Gamma know what I mean).

I look at the closing bar tonight - if red I put order into buy - if green (well even Neil could work this out!). Usually goes +/-35 so stick a 10 point stop on and have some fun. 50/50 bet with good r/r.

Technically breakout triggered short. But as I have +2 pips limit my short didn't trigger. My long triggered and long is still going well. Hope to add more to this long.

went long and got my 20 pips, in trade 11 minutes.

I see from the thread that some of you went short so no doubt people will ask why I didn't go short. This is due to my entry criteria but I must stress there is no right or wrong answer, as long as you have a genuine trading edge using your criteria and execute with good MM you will make money.

My entry criteria is using the open and close prices only on the 7 x 1H bars that Claudia uses. 12 midnight to 7am GMT. This gives me my highs and lows for entry. I then use the 1M bars to fine tune my entry points. I use the absolute low and high on the 1M charts in the last hour 6am - 7am to adjust my entry point, the price has to breech my high/low levels by 1 full pip to trigger an entry. So if the price on the 1M chart has moved beyond the high / low range as identified in the 7 hour range this overrides the entry point. Therefore I had sell entry point at 1.60678 from the 0633 1M candle, so price would have had to hit 1.606668 for me to go short.

As I said there is no right or wrong answer, on some days I will be triggered a different direction to others and I will lose and they will win.

I don't know about you guys but I am very interested in using this strategy in other markets at different times of the day, any market where I can identify a solid trading edge, other currency pairs, oil, gold, indices. Has anyone got any other suggestions for times / markets to apply this strategy to, I will be researching and posting back if I find any.

Last edited:
Narrowly missed the short because the close of the 6am bar was 16071 on my feed but the lows were 10609 so i had my order at 16066, just below the lows, i'd rather wait the extra few points to rather than enter that close to a recent turning point.

Just my way. Sometimes i'll so that on a 6 point difference and it'll just go and Claudia et all get to their 20 points and i don't.

totally with you on your thinking foredog. there is no right or wrong just keep playing the edge and accept the risk.

do you trade any other breakouts?

Ok Gamma and thank you.

This week has been good - next trade is the the GAP. (Gamma know what I mean).

I look at the closing bar tonight - if red I put order into buy - if green (well even Neil could work this out!). Usually goes +/-35 so stick a 10 point stop on and have some fun. 50/50 bet with good r/r.

What time frame Claudia please ?

klw

Never mind, I'll try 14:15 later on. ( I guess you can't win all the time in trading game)

Narrowly missed the short because the close of the 6am bar was 16071 on my feed but the lows were 10609 so i had my order at 16066, just below the lows, i'd rather wait the extra few points to rather than enter that close to a recent turning point.

Just my way. Sometimes i'll so that on a 6 point difference and it'll just go and Claudia et all get to their 20 points and i don't.

Doggy - does your chart vary much from mine?

I got my twenty but if I am doing anything different I think I will stick to it:)

Attachments

• mon.jpg
    mon.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 262
Doggy - does your chart vary much from mine?

I got my twenty but if I am doing anything different I think I will stick to it:)

The same Neil. didnt trade that though as took a bit this morning then went for a run.

how did this weekends gap go for you claudia. looks very risky im guessing its a low stakes past time?