Best Thread GBP/USD 5min setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, 5725 all out - have to leave the office for a while and US news at 13:30. +1.76%, wkly +9.05%.

Very nice indeed (y)...you prefer the all in/out approach? I do the same sometimes on smaller moves, but i usually scale out.

Yes, all in all out is easier to manage. Scaling out is theoretically superior (to me) but I can't use it consistently and always end up with one position approach.:p

Morning - i'm long EU atm, entry 3453, initial stops 30 pips, 1st tgt 3486, 2nd 3510, 3rd 3530. Will be trailing stops as support develops on the 5min...good luck in your trading today.

Attachments

• 27th Sep LO EU 1.PNG
    27th Sep LO EU 1.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
GU - will be long on a break of 5840..

Attachments

• 27th Sep LO GU 1.PNG
    27th Sep LO GU 1.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 193
hi CC,

Hope I'm not interrupting the flow of your excellent journal, but I wanted to get a handle on your style.
Is it based on breakouts of the London opening range, with some extra elements thrown in?
Obviously, I don't expect you to disclose anything that is proprietary or confidential.
thanks (y)

edit: how many charts do you look at?
do you have daily targets? (or daily max losses)

Last edited:
GU, long 5848, 20 pip initial stops, will post tgts in a mo.

Attachments

• 27th Sep LO GU 2.PNG
    27th Sep LO GU 2.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 196
hi CC,

Hope I'm not interrupting the flow of your excellent journal, but I wanted to get a handle on your style.
Is it based on breakouts of the London opening range, with some extra elements thrown in?
Obviously, I don't expect you to disclose anything that is proprietary or confidential.
thanks (y)

Hi Trendie, hope you received the PM the other day. I'll answer this post fully later on when i'm flat. Cheers.

hi CC,

thanks (y)

Trendie, i trade GU & EU. I used to try and trade many more pairs but i'm finding less is more!

I don't use fixed daily targets but the risk is tightly controlled. A typical day (London and US sessions) will have 2-3 trades per pair.

I arrive at the office after London open usually, around 08:30. I like to get a 'feel' for price action and direction for a while and note the major news times for both sessions. I use metatrader for analysis and have a few squiggles on those charts for decision support and use Oanda for execution. I'll look for the range price is moving within and assess whether a breakout or fib setup fits the risk/reward profile and then its sitting on hands time watching PA for continuation/reversal patterns around the levels noted. SLs are sometimes fixed, but more often around previous s/r. Targets are usually fib extensions.

The 1000's of hours of screen time since 2003 certainly helps. As you know, you develop a strong feel for the way price moves and how patterns print on the chart, over time it's as if you've developed a 'knowing' without knowing what it is you know, that's how it is for me. :eek:

Hope your trading is going well (y)

Last edited:
GU - long @5846, initial sl 5822, 1st tgt 5875.

Attachments

• 27th Sep LO GU 4.PNG
    27th Sep LO GU 4.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.