Best Thread GBP/USD 5min setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EU & GU short

GU hit +10 TP eventually and still in EU short although now likely to get SAR'ed.

EU short got SARed late last night and now long from 3816.7 and underwater atm. Will just be trading EU today.

Edit: Now stopped out and flat. Rough patch this week so far, thems the breaks.

Last edited:
Gu

I've taken a couple of short trades on GU so far today and closed the last one a few minutes ago before NFP data. EU still stuck in a 26 pip range so who knows there might be some good pips there after NFP.

Attachments

• 4th Feb GU 5m short.PNG
    4th Feb GU 5m short.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 212
EU is setting up short now but the volatility might not give me what i need for entry...we'll see. It will settle down later on probably.

Edit: ...still setting up for the entry on EU...nice fib move on the cards too if the swing low breaks south...we'll see....138.2 ext tgt would be 3526.

Edit: now short...from 3570.9, scaling some out at 3555 and then trailing the stop on the rest behind the swing highs (5Min).

Edit: 3555 scaleout filled, stop on rest down to 3598...come on you juicy 138.2 extension you :)

Edit: stop now just above last 5min swing high, which also happens to be breakeven....free riding now.

Edit: Took profit at London close (3555) as GU reversing. That's it for this week.

Attachments

• 4th Feb EU 5m short.PNG
    4th Feb EU 5m short.PNG
    30.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Hi,
don't want to clog up your journal, just wondering if you set a time limit on that one going into the weekend or just let it do it's thing?. Fridays I'm normally flat by midday, certainly freaky Friday .

Cable very kind to me today, a nice fade of the Asian range break via a 5m TL.

GBPUSDFADE04022011.png

Hi,
don't want to clog up your journal, just wondering if you set a time limit on that one going into the weekend or just let it do it's thing?. Fridays I'm normally flat by midday, certainly freaky Friday .

Cable very kind to me today, a nice fade of the Asian range break via a 5m TL.

GBPUSDFADE04022011.png

No worries, feel free to post anytime. Yes, i decided to TP around London close and shut up shop for the weekend.

Nice chart and trading there, good stuff :) Have a great w/e.

EU short

I've been on the sidelines since around 10am today and the only trade i've taken so far is this EU short which is now at breakeven. If it goes the distance there's a scaleout at +20ish.

edit: scaleout filled.

edit: took profit on remainder at +6.

Attachments

• 7th Feb EU 1.PNG
    7th Feb EU 1.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
GU short setup

Slow morning again, what with the chop but now GU is beginning to show it's hand below today's pivot so i'm happy to short from the RN to psych75...we'll see.

edit: ...short order filled at 97.
edit:...stops now down to -12.5
edit:...TP filled for +20.

Attachments

• 8th Feb GU 1.PNG
    8th Feb GU 1.PNG
    33.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 8th Feb GU 1 exit.PNG
    8th Feb GU 1 exit.PNG
    32.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
No trades yet this morning....waiting for price to resolve itself around daily pivot on both EU & GU, will take the cleanest looking setup, won't trade both.

No trades yet this morning....waiting for price to resolve itself around daily pivot on both EU & GU, will take the cleanest looking setup, won't trade both.

PA leading the way (of course) with pivot breaks and retests underway...looking for short entry now with S1 as target, not decided yet whether to take EU or GU.

I'm now short GU 6053 and targeting 6012ish.

edit: took -6 on this as EU momentum picked up and GU 50 level held once more as support.

Attachments

• 9th Feb GU 1.PNG
    9th Feb GU 1.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
EU long likely to trigger soon, i have a pending order @3653.

Edit:...looking strong and will hopefully recoup the GU loss nicely. If it hits the R1 target around 85 that'll be me done for the day. Less is more, these days :)

Edit: stops to b/e
Edit: locking in +8 now...GU short setting up again..
Edit: All out for +22.

Attachments

• 9th Feb EU 1.PNG
    9th Feb EU 1.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Eu

A couple of short entries I missed this morning on EU. Real beauties with minimal risk.

Attachments

• 10th Feb EU 1.PNG
    10th Feb EU 1.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 184
Eu

...a quick +10 post news to the swing low on EU.

Attachments

• 10th Feb EU 2.PNG
    10th Feb EU 2.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 200
Eu

...entered short a few mins ago at 3545.

edit: moved stop down to near b/e given S1 level here, i'm testing the level (small ante) with a view to scaling in harder later, we'll see.

edit: took +5. Will try again on S1 break.

Attachments

• 11th Feb EU 1.PNG
    11th Feb EU 1.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Eu 2

short on the S1 break now...the RN would be a nice tgt to hit but i'm realistic and will take what i'm comfortable with. If she offers +20 i'll no doubt take it and that will be me done for the week.

edit: locking in now as price around last wks low..
edit: ok, took +9.

Attachments

• 11th Feb EU 2.PNG
    11th Feb EU 2.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Watching GU for the short now...

edit: typically around the time i called this, work kicked off and i missed the move. Still, a +ve day so no matter.

Last edited:
Eu

...being late to trading this morning, missed the short from LO. Currently nursing another short from a setup entered at 10:05 (price 3457)...the 15min setup i use has just signalled a 1st short of the session and momentum has picked up thankfully. If it gets there i'll full exit at S2 (3430ish)....will have to get through some higher TF pivots 1st though, so will watch PA closely and be prepared to exit sooner.

edit: exited b/e.

Attachments

• 14th Feb EU 1.PNG
    14th Feb EU 1.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.