FX Trading Nov 26-30

graemenash

EURCHF long entry here to start the week; 5min "type C" reversal with some hidden divergence in the 15min to confirm. Waited for the reaction, i.e bullish move following the divergence setup, then bought at the 61.8 retracement of that reaction. Entry 1.6367 offered, stop 1.6354.

The RBS zone isn't ideal but the rest of the tech setup is good.

Attachments

• eurchftrade.gif
    eurchftrade.gif
    80.4 KB · Views: 274
I am closing my short for +13 pips profit....

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    31.5 KB · Views: 287
Stopped out of EURCHF -13. Seriously considering cutting down to a 4-day week, I never make any money on Mondays :confused:

Stopped out of EURCHF -13. Seriously considering cutting down to a 4-day week, I never make any money on Mondays :confused:

welcome to the club!
I think the markets dont really wake up until the US kick-starts it on Monday afternoon.

I took the 1'st possible exit from this trade... +1 pip....

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    46 KB · Views: 276
Mondays are so slow, but nevertheless it helps to give some perspective for the following days. Got a few short scalps on cable today with a small load. Thats about it so far. Yen and the carry trades might give some direction in the US session.

EUR/USD was not good pick for that long I am closing this trade for +3 pips profit... this is not profit taking is more like emergency exit... GBP/USD was the best choice...I am done for today + 17 pips profit...Hmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    40 KB · Views: 235
EUR/USD was not good pick for that long
GBP/USD was the best choice...

Or even both of those short v/s Yen? That one surely still remains the less stressful intraday play as (equity) risk gets pared back?

Risk on - short Yen.....risk off - long Yen.

Clean s&r levels light the way on both of those. Do you not observe them?

EUR/USD was not good pick for that long I am closing this trade for +3 pips profit... this is not profit taking is more like emergency exit...

What's wrong with it? Looking back at the graph, it looks like you were on to a winner.

EUR/USD testing today's... er... yesterday's high. If any of you are still awake and trading. :cheesy:

again, the main move seems to be in the asian sessions, and slow, small moves for the euro-sessions.
apart from EURUSD today where a down move started around 7-am, but has re-covered since. (which I missed, as GBPUSD is my primary)

frustrating.

We have high impact news at 1.55pm... bit annoying as I have a client coming round at 2pm. Wonder if they can make the announcement at 1.30pm? :D

Long USDCAD 0.9921 offered, stop 0.9905 bid.

EDITS
-------
1225 price breaches start point of retracement, stop to b/e
1226 exit half at 0.9935
1230 exit other half b/e

Attachments

• usdcadtrade.gif
    usdcadtrade.gif
    76.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I am closing this trade for +41 pips profit...

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    30.3 KB · Views: 180