FX Trade Setups, Entries, Management and Exit

usd/chf testing Friday's (and today's low). Promising. At least it'snow below today's open. Did toy with the idea of moving the stop down but that's a large part of the problem and one I allude to above - stops too tight. Also considered taking off 40% now I'm at entry level to adjust my position size in line with new stop - but given renewed downward momentum, I'm not going to do that either.

Not sure if it's chutzpah or stupidity, but given the technical basis for my decisions, I'm going with the former.

Carney speaks in 5 minutes. "Sterling FoF find safety in Swiss Franc". Go on Mark, do the right thing.

Last 3 bars have closed below today's open and it now seems as though this level may be providing resistance. I'm still 130% normal size, but as soon as it drops to entry level I'm going to unload 20% to even it out.

Buy limit on remainder set to 8900. It's had 2 touches and been rejected. I don't get the feeling there's much more downside today.

usd/chf stopped at 8907 for +6/10 MAE 11 MFE 17. +0.6 risk.

I'm not including the minor pipettes profits I made limiting out the 20% overload earlier.

gbp/jpy long at 170.03 (entry at 07:14 - currently down 7 pips so don't think I'll be asked for proof) stop at 169.66 below yesterday's high of 169.72.

eur/usd currently seeming to find support on yesterday's high at 3745. My stop if I g o in will be at 3740. 3758 is the first primary s/r level (daily R1), but it has to get through the half-century first. I'm guessing any entry will be in the region between the 50 and 58 level.

eur/aud came off quite sharply after my exit and although I'm not into proving all calls (more interested in the thought process behind entry, management and exit) I thought I'd just offer any doubting Thomas' proof of exit level.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 123
eur/usd seems to be making a good effort on the daily R1 at 3758. It spiked through it earlier this morning before falling back. Weekly R1 at 3764.My target is 3780 and have a limit sell in to cover at that level.

Just realised I'm still only in 1/2 size, so I'll add the remaining half on a close above 3758 (daily R1). Limit in for current position size.