FuturesBetting.com Re-Launching

does quote tracker work with there platform ?

FB only supports ninja....so I was told by them. IMHO, FB is not yet "big-boy" enough to offer API for custom use yet. I see no justifiable reason for this...they should take a look at IB. Capitalism is about freedom to follow your mind legitimately....not being forced to use ninja. My vote for custom bots any day.

I would love to trade with FB, only problem is the commissions when you up the lots per trade....If they would do spot forex it would be a plus.

I would love to trade with FB, only problem is the commissions when you up the lots per trade....If they would do spot forex it would be a plus.

sorry but i am confused, they offer DMA with fixed spreads which get less when you do more volume.

Contradiction in terms, surely.

what i am impyling is that they dont run a book against the client (DMA)
But as they are a spread betting company, they charge a spread, which i find minimal.
i can trade when i wish as long as the market is open and i dont pay a desk fee.

what i am impyling is that they dont run a book against the client (DMA)
But as they are a spread betting company, they charge a spread, which i find minimal.
i can trade when i wish as long as the market is open and i dont pay a desk fee.
Honestly, if you compare with IB, trading the futures, they are quite expensive. On the other hand compared to other SB they are ok, depending on the instrument you are trading. I agree, exellent platform, no execution problems as, you are in fact trading the futures.

Stir Traders using FuturesBetting

I trade thousand of lots of stirs a month through a Liffe clearer, but mainly for 1 or 2 ticks. I would be interested to test the grey area of whether tax is payable or not but would be restricted to longer term 5 tick+ trades to make your commission structure viable. I understand that the old Company had a much more flexible spread structure to attract bigger stir traders and wonder whether this will be available with the new setup?

There is no speed issues,wheather small or large trades.
we are 100% hedged onto the exchanges, so if the size is there on the product that your trading you get filled, it would have to be a very large amount to worry the market, as long as you have the funds in your account to accomodate the trade.

anyone know if it is possible to program hot keys to buy and sell ....for example with the quick trade function instead of clicking the buy button with the mouse you could use the arrow up key and arrow down key to sell ?
this would be great if it was possible ,cant be that difficult to program?

anyone know if it is possible to program hot keys to buy and sell ....for example with the quick trade function instead of clicking the buy button with the mouse you could use the arrow up key and arrow down key to sell ?
this would be great if it was possible ,cant be that difficult to program?

If you give the guys a call on 02071830431 im sure they would be able to assist with this

I have a few questions for any FB customers, as i'm interested in opening an account with them.

1. One of my major strategies is scalping, and from what I see FB is ideal for doing this because I could buy at the bid and sell at the ask. Could anyone confirm if it is as easy as that? For instance could I simply place a market order to buy at the bid and get an instant fill and do the same at the ask?

2. Could anyone confirm that there is no overnight financing charge for open positions as there are with other SB firms?

3. Could anyone confirm that on their charts they have volume as one of the indicators?

Thank you in advance.

I have a few questions for any FB customers, as i'm interested in opening an account with them.

1. One of my major strategies is scalping, and from what I see FB is ideal for doing this because I could buy at the bid and sell at the ask. Could anyone confirm if it is as easy as that? For instance could I simply place a market order to buy at the bid and get an instant fill and do the same at the ask?

2. Could anyone confirm that there is no overnight financing charge for open positions as there are with other SB firms?

3. Could anyone confirm that on their charts they have volume as one of the indicators?

Thank you in advance.
i use FB yes you are correct the scalping ladder is brilliant, gives you the market depth,instant fills and you can places orders where you wish to enter the market and place stops.
i dont really run positions o/n but i gather the way they work is as long as you have funds in your account to cover the margin requirements there is no charge, the only charge you pay is when you enter or exit a trade.
they dont offer charts, they are coming i am told but nothing yet, but for this minus the platform ,spreads and fastness of execution more than out wieghs this.

i use FB yes you are correct the scalping ladder is brilliant, gives you the market depth,instant fills and you can places orders where you wish to enter the market and place stops.
i dont really run positions o/n but i gather the way they work is as long as you have funds in your account to cover the margin requirements there is no charge, the only charge you pay is when you enter or exit a trade.
they dont offer charts, they are coming i am told but nothing yet, but for this minus the platform ,spreads and fastness of execution more than out wieghs this.

pit pony, are you running a proper account or a sim account?

Thanks

I am trying out the demo account and to close all bets button which stopped working, couldn't close off any trades. Does not inspire me with confidence using real money, to easy to make a loss in these markets. Deposit on a bet is heavy at £1000 per lot.

I am trying out the demo account and to close all bets button which stopped working, couldn't close off any trades. Does not inspire me with confidence using real money, to easy to make a loss in these markets. Deposit on a bet is heavy at £1000 per lot.

do you mean the trade out button ?

thats not working for me eather (n)

Thank you pit pony, that's a great help. It's a bit concerning to hear about the problem with closing off trades though. I wonder if that's only because it's a demo account and is not applicable to a real account?

Just one more question though, is it possible to open two opposite positions on the same instrument? Long on one and short on the other?

Yes price the trade out button and when try to close the trades manually its just started new trades. Just doesn't give me confidence when real money is used.