FuturesBetting.com Re-Launching

Hey! anyone using Marketindex, any comments on them? They look to be amazingly like FB !

If I open an accoount with FB, will I still be able to spreadbet the currency pairs eg Forex. I ask this because I've seen it suggested somewhere that you can't.

:confused::confused::LOL:
no we are still testing, as long as backoffice statements come through correct we should be live next week, but a new clearer for us so taking time.

Futuresbetting.com is now LIVE !
If you have any questions about the FBc website or service, please let me know.

Regards

Simon Brown
MD
FuturesBetting.com

If I open an accoount with FB, will I still be able to spreadbet the currency pairs eg Forex. I ask this because I've seen it suggested somewhere that you can't.

With FBc you will be able to trade spreadbets on the following currency pairs:

$/euro
$/£
S/Canadian
$/Yen
S/Australian
S/Swiss

Regards

Simon Brown
MD
FuturesBetting.com

congrats,

how do i get the demo when i click on it i only get a blank page also under charts it says coming soon, does this mean the platform does not come with any charting?

congrats,

how do i get the demo when i click on it i only get a blank page also under charts it says coming soon, does this mean the platform does not come with any charting?

Hi under trading platform the option is there to see the futuresbetting demonstration click on this and the video should start
regards

Hi under trading platform the option is there to see the futuresbetting demonstration click on this and the video should start
regards

aorry you have misunderstood me, i've seen the dmonstration video, i mean how do i download a demo account to try out the platform for myself?

A few questions to Simon Brown at FB

Regards

Simon Brown
MD
FuturesBetting.com

Hi Simon and everyone else in this forum. I am new to this site, although I trade stocks and futures on a regular basis through my broker. Because of the tax advantage with spread betting, the relaunch of Futuresbetting has caught my attention. My question is simple:

Am I right to understand that a round trip in Dax with a betsize of 50 euro per point would mean that I would have to buy (and sell) 2 contracts a 25 euro each (minimum bet size) which in turn would cost me 2 (contracts) * 25 euro (minimum bet size) * 0,28 (spread charge) * 2(one buy and one sell) = 28 euros

Since I am new to spreadbetting I just want to confirm that I have understood how the total spread charge for a bet is calculated.

Can Simon also please explain what you mean by "spreads are based on minimal price fluctutation". I assume you refer to the underlying spread of the index or are you suggesting that your own spread charge will also increase during volatile markets (as we experience at the present moment)?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I really like the idea of DMA combined with tax free profits that you are offering :cheesy:

Cheers

Hi Simon,

Great news to hear that your back in business.

A few questions -

When will you have the charting tools in place?

Will this allow you to trade directly through the charts?

Can you clarify what the total spread is on DOW bid to offer?

Will you be able to trade say 1 pound per point or is it still in lots?

Thanks

Yash

Thanks for your message

You are correct in your calculation of the Spread Charge.
The spread charge is based upon the minimum price movement of the underlying future. (however in the Indices, it is based on ONE full index point)

Our spread charge will never widen; however because the underlying future's spread may widen in volatile markets, the overall spread (futures spread + spread charge) may indeed widen from its minimum.

Hope this helps.

Hi Simon,

Great news to hear that your back in business.

A few questions -

When will you have the charting tools in place?

Will this allow you to trade directly through the charts?

Can you clarify what the total spread is on DOW bid to offer?

Will you be able to trade say 1 pound per point or is it still in lots?

Thanks

Yash

No Problem.

We are expecting to release our charting package in the next 3 months.

Initially it will not be possible to trade through our charts; however it is likely to be introduced at a later date, given the interest that we have received.

The total spread in the mini dow will be 5 points for the first 200 lots traded in a month and then 3 points for any lot above 200.

Beacuse we hedge every spread bet which is taken out by our clients, the minimum spread bet you can do is indeed the equivalent to one lot. e.g FTSE minimum is £10 & Mini Dow is $5 etc.

Thanks

I was looking to open an account, call me old fashioned, but I don't like putting all my personal details into a non encrypted web page, It seems normal practice now to use some form of encryption when sensitive data is sent. It makes me wonder how carefully they would look after my personal data.

Just to add to the tax argument, it seems by the comments so far, that most posters are not making enough trading to pay tax - that includes me - please correct me if I am wrong, but a trading gain would be treated as a capital gain. According to the "2008 finance bill" drafted in the budget, the 2008-2009 tax year - current year - would allow £9600 before paying tax and then at a flat rate of 18%, I am not sure if this bill has passed through parliment yet but if it has, it would mean that one could earn £20k per year off trading and pay less than £2000 in tax. If you had £50k in an IB account, the interest would almost cover this.
I am sure you will be quick to tell me if I have got this calculation wrong.

But an interesting site, worth keeping an eye on.

Good luck to all that trade with FB

Graham

I was looking to open an account, call me old fashioned, but I don't like putting all my personal details into a non encrypted web page, It seems normal practice now to use some form of encryption when sensitive data is sent. It makes me wonder how carefully they would look after my personal data.

Just to add to the tax argument, it seems by the comments so far, that most posters are not making enough trading to pay tax - that includes me - please correct me if I am wrong, but a trading gain would be treated as a capital gain. According to the "2008 finance bill" drafted in the budget, the 2008-2009 tax year - current year - would allow £9600 before paying tax and then at a flat rate of 18%, I am not sure if this bill has passed through parliment yet but if it has, it would mean that one could earn £20k per year off trading and pay less than £2000 in tax. If you had £50k in an IB account, the interest would almost cover this.
I am sure you will be quick to tell me if I have got this calculation wrong.

But an interesting site, worth keeping an eye on.

Good luck to all that trade with FB

Graham

Thanks for your interest.

Your 'theoretical' tax calculation is correct if you were making £20,000 a year spread betting; however your should seek independent advice as to what you actual tax situation is.

Also many of our clients are very experienced in trading the financial markets and therefore more likely to generate spread betting gains well in excess of £20,000.

I was more concerned with the lack of any security when inputting personal details, do you not think it would be worth setting up a secure page to input details as other brokers/banks do ?