FuturesBetting.com Re-Launching

The bank may be charging futuresbetting given their perculier nature: they are based abroad.I will train my mind to live with that. Having said that, the chap answering on behalf of FB should ring up barclays and get a proper statement from them.
On the plus side for FB, one reason any one who has traded for a while will stick with FB is that you can enter a trade and exit at a stop loss you choose without hinderance from FB. It is between you and the market. This is a big problem the other SB firms create. They choose and set the minimum distance from the market price you must be.
Another reason and probably the most worrying is that for the other SB firms, you are actually taking their money each time you make a profit. Yes! it is the SB firm's cash you are trying to take. Now consider that! You expect honesty all the way? I just had a 36 tick slippage. When I complained, the entire trade was cancelled as wrong fill......how much of my profit was eliminated by that method? Well, that is market making for you. FB hedges your trade into the market and takes only their spread. From there, it is between you and the market. That is why, only FB can offer automated trading in that automated trading is based of seemless entry and exit. Market making is based on in part making sure you dont scarp, by claiming price is no longer available if the rate of price change as determined by their softwares, favour a quick move in your direction of bet.
Having said all these, the BIGGEST PROBLEM REMAINS: WHERE IS FB TO TRADE WITH? Who else hates this type of waiting? Would it not be nice to have an update blog or something? That website message is begining to irritate. Is the licence in the bag now? Clearing firm waiting for? etc.
Still, see ya soonest!

testing going on this week, sorry for the delay,but were getting fustrated too.When were back and can accept client funds e-mails and phone calls will be made .The website will be up and running aswell.

Big News Please

testing going on this week, sorry for the delay,but were getting fustrated too.When were back and can accept client funds e-mails and phone calls will be made .

Have you secured the licence? It puts things in proper perspective as otherwise, waiting will amount to time wasting.

Have you secured the licence? It puts things in proper perspective as otherwise, waiting will amount to time wasting.
Yes we have the license, When the keys from the exchanges are connected to the platform we will be testing.The keys should be ready by the end of the day.
Testing that all is working well then announcement to be made.

testing going on this week, sorry for the delay,but were getting fustrated too.When were back and can accept client funds e-mails and phone calls will be made .The website will be up and running aswell.

If we had accounts with FB previously, will we need to re-open another account or can we just use our old details/login etc?

If we had accounts with FB previously, will we need to re-open another account or can we just use our old details/login etc?
if you already had accounts then its just a case of re funding the account.The live platfrom link will be sent with login details.

When are you actually going to launch? I have an account with Capital Spreads, will the account process be simplier?

Can you please tell me the cost of trading emini-S&P500 futures will be?
Is there a platform fee? Any monthly fee? What platforms will be available?
Will you have API available for cutom application programmers? Will that be free?

When are you actually going to launch? I have an account with Capital Spreads, will the account process be simplier?

Can you please tell me the cost of trading emini-S&P500 futures will be?
Is there a platform fee? Any monthly fee? What platforms will be available?
Will you have API available for cutom application programmers? Will that be free?

the account process is done online, should take no more than 3-5 mins,then you fund the account online credit or debit cards, away you go.
1st spread is.2 of a point ( the mini s&p moves in .25 of a point)
then it gets lower to .125 of a point (this is after 200 trades on you account in any products every month.
no fee's only a spread when you bet (.2 or .125)
our DMA platform which is level 2 trading or you can use automated platform (ninja),but that has a fee paid directly to Ninja trader.
no api available.

Are you quoting per side spreads or round turn spreads ? E.g. in the ES contract when the underlying market is 1246.00/1246.25 is it 1245.90/1246.35 or 1245.80/1246.45 through yourselves all-in ?

Can you also give figures for other common Globex contracts, NQ YM ER2 6B 6E 6J etc.

the account process is done online, should take no more than 3-5 mins,then you fund the account online credit or debit cards, away you go.
1st spread is.2 of a point ( the mini s&p moves in .25 of a point)
then it gets lower to .125 of a point (this is after 200 trades on you account in any products every month.
no fee's only a spread when you bet (.2 or .125)
our DMA platform which is level 2 trading or you can use automated platform (ninja),but that has a fee paid directly to Ninja trader.
no api available.

Considering 1 emini-S&P500 contract:
1 point move = $50
0.25 market spread = $12.50
0.2 FutursBetting spread = $10

Is 0.20 for buy & sell combined or seperate? If I buy and then sell at market immediately, will it cost me $12.50+$10 = $22.50 ?

CapitalSpreads & CMC has a total spread of 0.4 for the same future, how do you compare yours with theirs (I know you are DMA)?

Are you quoting per side spreads or round turn spreads ? E.g. in the ES contract when the underlying market is 1246.00/1246.25 is it 1245.90/1246.35 or 1245.80/1246.45 through yourselves all-in ?

Can you also give figures for other common Globex contracts, NQ YM ER2 6B 6E 6J etc.

1245.80-1246.45 would the price including the Fbc spread, you can setup your platform to see the above price or the actual mkt price 1246-1246.25,as you trade the platform automatically adds or subtracts the Fbc spread into your P&L.(nothing else to add as in costs).after 200 lots traded on your account per calendar month the spread goes down to .125 either side.
for the NQ--0-200 Lots .5 of a point per side,then .33 per side
YM--0-200 lots 2 per side then 1 point per side
ER2---0-200 lots 1 per side ,then .63 per side
6B- 0-200 1.6 per side--then 1.0
6E-0-200 .8 per side then .5 of a point per side.
our website will show all the spreads when were up and running.
hope this helps.

Thanks, too expensive for me (cheaper to use a traditional discount broker, trader a larger size and pay the tax).

Thanks, too expensive for me (cheaper to use a traditional discount broker, trader a larger size and pay the tax).

Do you mnd if I ask which broker you use? I take it you are an intraday/scalper.
Thanks

GC1, I must be missing something. kindly explain how paying tax makes it cheaper for you. Thanks in advance.

GC1, I must be missing something. kindly explain how paying tax makes it cheaper for you. Thanks in advance.

Here is an example, (dollar figures as I was talking about U.S. futures):

Say the trader either (a) pays tax at 40% and gets a r/t rate of $3.50 (typical figure) through a discount broker, or (b) pays 0% tax and a r/t rate of $20 with a spread betting firm (as in the above figures). For a trader not yet profitable, option (a) is clearly the better choice. For a trader who is profitable then he trades positions 67% larger under option (a) than he would under option (b) and he's still better off at the end of the year by $8.50 times the total number of lots traded in the year. Provided, of course, that trader has enough margin capital for this and doesn't start making a loss (which would then be 67% bigger). For 20% or 18% tax rates the position size ratio is lower.

1245.80-1246.45 would the price including the Fbc spread, you can setup your platform to see the above price or the actual mkt price 1246-1246.25,as you trade the platform automatically adds or subtracts the Fbc spread into your P&L.(nothing else to add as in costs).after 200 lots traded on your account per calendar month the spread goes down to .125 either side.
for the NQ--0-200 Lots .5 of a point per side,then .33 per side
YM--0-200 lots 2 per side then 1 point per side
ER2---0-200 lots 1 per side ,then .63 per side
6B- 0-200 1.6 per side--then 1.0
6E-0-200 .8 per side then .5 of a point per side.
our website will show all the spreads when were up and running.
hope this helps.

That is very expensive considering others charge less than half. Your spreads is like 0.40 (excluding market spread)

Interactive Brokers 0.10 (considering $4.80 commission roundturn)
CMC 0.15 (excluding market spread)
Capital Spreads 0.15 (excluding market spread)
World Spreads 0.15 (excluding market spread)

Any plans to reduce the spreads?

To put this in perspective, Other spreadbetting firms offer a tighter spread because they do not hedge and make the majority of their profits from client losses rather then the spread. Remember futuresbettings' source of income is tht spread not your losses.

This is obviously not for scalpers looking for a few points from each trade. However this is a good choice for those tht complain about not getting filled or spikes in the price from traditional spreadbetting firms.

For those already using dma it will be an individual choice in determining which option offers the best value for money regarding tax/no tax.

Here is an example, (dollar figures as I was talking about U.S. futures):

Say the trader either (a) pays tax at 40% and gets a r/t rate of $3.50 (typical figure) through a discount broker, or (b) pays 0% tax and a r/t rate of $20 with a spread betting firm (as in the above figures). For a trader not yet profitable, option (a) is clearly the better choice. For a trader who is profitable then he trades positions 67% larger under option (a) than he would under option (b) and he's still better off at the end of the year by $8.50 times the total number of lots traded in the year. Provided, of course, that trader has enough margin capital for this and doesn't start making a loss (which would then be 67% bigger). For 20% or 18% tax rates the position size ratio is lower.

Lets break this down as i dont believe size matters. more importantly how many points you ave per trade after losses

Lets use ym as a simple example with 1 contract. futuresbetting commission is $20 r/t vs $3.50 as in your example.

if you ave 10 points per trade (after losses) then you have made $50 per trade.

take away the commision from futuresbetting and u are left with $30.

if you were dma it would be $50 -$3.5 =$46.5 minus 40% CGT ($18.60) and you are left with $27.90.

Lets now say tht you are trading 10 contracts, futuresbetting commission is now $200 r/t vs $3.50.

10 pts per trade = $500 - commision leaves you with $300

dma $500 -$3.5 = $496.5 - CGT ($198.60)

lets look at what happens when you ave 20 points per trade, 1 contract to keep it simple.

20*5 = $100 minus comms $20 leaves $80 if with FB

$100 - $3.5 = $96.5 - CGT ($38.6) leaves $57.9

The above is a very crude example done for my benefit as much as everyone elses, other factors such as the 8k tax allowence and reducing tax further by offsetting profits against other costs will make the comparison more favourable for dma.

So how to decide which way to go. well lets say you have a system tht gives you a 50% win rate and a risk reward of of 1:2 profit is 20 points per trade loss is 10. this would give you an ave of 5 points per trade so i would say dma. even if your doing 40 points a winner 20 points a loser with a 50% this would only give you an ave of 10 points per trade. I would still favour dma at this point.

Any system generating better then 40 points per trade i would probably go with FB.

However heres where it gets confusing:confused: the above is based on the assumption that you will be able to make the extra 4 points out of the market tht you would lose to fb if you were going dma. if you use set point targets/stoploss then the above is not so relevent as you are making the same no of points.

so if i make make 10 points with a spreadbetting account i've made $50 and thts the end of my costs as the commission is built into the spread.

However with Dma you still have to take out comms and tax.:confused: