Futures Trading

rejji

Are there any FTSE futures traders out there?
Who are you guys trading through?

I USED TO USE GNI , I NOW TRADE VIA WWW.GDD.CO.UK.

THEY USE THE SAME SOFTWARE PACKAGE AS GNI , IE PATSYSTEMS , BUT THEY ARE CHEAPER FOR THE ACTIVE TRADER, NOT PERHAPS FOR THE VERY HIGH VOLUME TRADER BUT I TRADE BETWEEN 25 AND 100 CONTRACTS A DAY ACROSS LIFFE,EUREX AND THE US .

EITHER GDD OR GNI MAY SUIT , DEPENDING ON YOUR VOLUMES .

GOOD LUCK

www.easy2trade.com
Direct access to the liffe floor. Min account opening £5000, very tight spreads, ie buy at the bid, sell at the offer to open. dealing costs are £4.00 per side but through here we have a discount that Chartman managed to arrange so that total trip is £7.60. (it all helps); and importantly the software is quick. Trade at market and it is instant. Trade at limit takes a little while longer depending on the order. Drawback is a £250 per quarter inactivity fee, but this works out to less than one trade per day.
I'm happy with it. Until I find something better.

John.

I have used the Easy2Trade trainer system, which is excellent. They let you have this FREE of charge for the first day, and then charge a fee. I found their application to be quite good, and easy to use. Are you happy with their service?

on the whole, yes.
As I say until something better comes along.
(It's getting tight out there, which is very good for us as they strive to get and retain clients) I'm happy with them.

Ive been using easy2trade for a few months and I find it excellent. One of the things I find handy is you dont have to go through thouse messy software upgrades when a new version comes in. Because it's totally internet-based all you need is to log in and that's it. Very nice.

I used to use Mann as well Sharpshooter, but they're comms are £7 per trip, £14 round trip, they said they could do it for £6 per trip if I went back, but they couldn't beat Easy2. as they said it was harder to place single trades in the market. This is for our future by the way.
They aren't as quick as clicking a mouse and sometimes you want to get in, and more importantly out, as fast as you can.
They do do internet trading but it's £10,000 min account opening.
I found mann really good, but as I say it all comes down to costs and service, and until someone comes up with a better deal...

John.

i'm surprised that you guys are paying so much in commission, 6 quid at man and even 4 quid at easy seems high to me , i'm paying 1 euro a side plus exchange fees at www.gdd.co.uk.
even if you only traded 10 times a month their commission rate is 4 euros per side plus exchange fees , although there is a minbimum payable per month were only talking 100 euros! - not much in the way of volume to justify that.

the service is over the net , and it upgrades automatically as above.

didn't know the company , but i checked into the background of the guys involved and couldn't find anything , also there is substantial instituional bank backing by the way of shareholders.

was put onto them by a mate in germany who does business with them in the bunds and bobl contracts on eurex ,if you can please him you can please anybody!

been with them a month or so now and have found them to be very helpful .

might be worth a look if you are looking to save commission and want a decent service

Thanks for the post Cala.
By getting these posts going and putting up the information for everyone to see and to add their bit is how we can find the best deals for ourselves and at the same time get all the brokers to cut out the fat and give us a better deal as we make 'em fight for our custom.
It just gets better and better.
I shall take a look at these people.

Cheers.

John.

I checked out GDD and saw a minimum investment level of 25,000 EUROs!!! Hardly a convenient and easily-accessible cash amount for the average punter.

Also, 100 euros minimum monthly activity charge applies to the 'Investor' level at 8 euros a roundturn.

Seems like a pretty healthy distortion of the facts, Mr Casa.

4 euros plus exchange fees per side , see my comments re minimum a/c size on your other post.

your average punter is more likely to s/bet than trade futures.

still whatever u feel comfortable with.

AND ITS MRS TO YOU !

If anyone wants a much much less expensive broker than any mentioned here, with electronic access, brilliant reliability and a friendly helpful attitude
AND/OR wants to learn how to trade eminis - the most liquid contracts with the lowest spread - contact me at:
[email protected]

Well Mr Charts, I believe you should spill the beans on who the broker is. Otherwise, you see, it looks as if your post is an advertising teaser and that, err, is frowned on round here.

If the broker is that wonderful, I'm sure we would all benefit.

I have seen a few people openly advertising their courses here actually. I personally have no objection to that, but have not noticed you criticising them.
My broker is in Chicago and US based brokers are not allowed to advertise in the UK even though that particular firm uses a UK clearer. Rather than my brokers being accused of advertising by being recommended openly, I was quite happy to privately tell people the name email and number of the firm.
I do NOT receive any kickback.
Clearly as "super moderator" you are unhappy and I therefore will not post on these boards again

I should have added that my broker charges $3.95 per RT ftse and $5.80 per RT eminis and is very reliable
That's it.

Mr. Charts and all, these forums are provided as a service to allow traders to openly exchange ideas. We all here to benefit and learn from one another. And as long as we continue to share our knowledge with one another, we will all profit. End of story.

Of course blatant spamming isn't allowed, I don't want to waste my time being bombarded with adverts, but it's clear what you posted wasn't spam and so I hope you continue to contribute on these boards and encourage those that have been keen readers of the boards but have been reluctant to add their own opinion.. take the plunge!

Cheers,
Sharky.