FTSE100 July 2004

SoupDragon

13 0
As it stands at the moment we have also seen something quite unusal...especially considering it is spread out over 4days.....3 equal waves...agree with the stops either side of the expiry being taken out.

Attachments

• Equal.GIF
    Equal.GIF
    53.6 KB · Views: 222

bracke

Experienced member
1,286 12
Truly Dastardly
So those who remain are those with wide placed stops and newcomers to the fray.

Regards

bracke

splasher

103 0
Glad i closed my short just before it came plumetting down...................still at least you know i am honest, stupid but honest................

bracke

Experienced member
1,286 12
To those reading this thread whoare as inexperieced as I

Yesterdays events and those of to-day provide a very ueful salutory lesson.

It is easy with the benefit of hindsight to read the market but the more experienced who post and view here would have stayed clear ( see the ftse 100 june thread for yesterday afternoon ).

Although I have not been badly burned yet ( there is still time ) my trade went against the principles of good trading - opinion over fact and high risk over low risk - two cardinal sins.

I shall remember this, hope you do to.

Regards

bracke

SoupDragon

13 0
bracke said:
Truly Dastardly
So those who remain are those with wide placed stops and newcomers to the fray.

Regards

bracke

no the whole exercise here is to take out all the stops....or at least as many as poss...the ones who had a wide stop at 500 get fried just like the less experienced

bracke

Experienced member
1,286 12
SoupDragon

By wide stops I meant something like 4400 one way and 4550 the other.

Regards

bracke

peterpr

Established member
609 7
Now what was I saying this morning? Hmmmm -

A 40 point or so overall move up and a probable positive close? Oh - and, though bearish, my best recent trades have been longs!! Must have been whistling in the wind again. Just how wrong can you get?

And all this in response to heavilly trailed (and therefore discounted?) news from the US !

I have the ftse100 moving close to its 200 day MA and 50 points below its 50 day MA. Both major US idexes are still comfortably above both (but converging). Still very bearish I'm afraid but then what the hell do I know?

It's back to the drawing board for me (again) I think.

Still got your long open Bracke?

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
bracke said:
barjon

"For those of a market manipulation bent you might be feeling that Monday was an orchestrated upthrust designed to trigger stops and suck in "break out" longs."

Now you tell us ! And there was I thinking that yesterdays sell off was the manipulation.

Just a thought ( be careful bracke ) but having taken out the short stops on Monday is it now in the process of taking out the long stops.

Regards

bracke

bracke/oatman

Did you notice the massive volume spike at the death (if it can be believed)? At nearly 300m when the average was under 20m and the earlier 3 significant spikes not even approaching 100m. That's a hell'va lot of short covering :cheesy:

Attachments

• ftsev.gif
    ftsev.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 239

splasher

103 0
Well Fut has gone through all my recenet support levels next one is the psychological 4400
Oatman what levels are you looking at?

peterpr

Established member
609 7
barjon said:
bracke/oatman

Did you notice the massive volume spike at the death (if it can be believed)? At nearly 300m when the average was under 20m and the earlier 3 significant spikes not even approaching 100m. That's a hell'va lot of short covering :cheesy:

The index proper still went down another 10+ points with the auction though. Interesting juncture eh?

bracke

Experienced member
1,286 12
TheBramble

I didn't say that I had stops that wide, but some might.

barjon

I have read that Yahoo data can be unreliable, did others with reliable feeds get the same?

Regards

bracke

oatman

2,879 22
Splasher,
I try not to have a view. However, I'll admit that I've felt it's been overvalued for a few months now. I don't analyse. That stance wouldn't have done me any good :rolleyes: I look for opportunities rather than position taking. I'm just as comfortable being short as long, so long as it moves. It's under pressure at the moment but I doubt it'll be a sustained move (famous last words). Looks to me that it got itself too long for no apparent reason. People do love to buy a market ;) Continuous friendly sentiment. No bad news about. It's got top heavy so we're having a shake out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock