Hooya said:
FTSE beater, and if you use the major lower high you get this
Hi Hooya

Well spotted :cool:

------------------------------------------

Bracke said:
FTSE Beater

Thanks for your post
How did you manage to print the chart without it posting as a thumbnail ?
Hi Bracke

You need to upload the image to webspace and then use the tags in T2W.
More details can be found [url=http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=4624]Here[/url]

HTH :)

Thought this might be of interest. The way the price moves around the 2 averages, pivot and the first resistance.

Regards

bracke

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 190
Oh woe is me :(

My two risky trades took off today and by this afternoon I was over 100 points ahead. Unexpected diversions found me unable to screen watch, (tho I left puter on to check when I got opportunity),so I set what I thot were (to me) very acceptable limits to close trades, @ 360 on ftse and 232 on DJ. Didn't change stops from original ones set @ entry, but then an urgent diversion necessitated me going out........and, as thay say..the rest is history :( Came back to find both trades savaged from earlier highs, both having been within a cats whisker of my limits trigger! *sob*

Still in both trades and counting myself VERY lucky to only be a cpl of points down between both @ IG close!

Live and learn!

Hooya said:
You might have been interested in the diamond top article that I sent out with me newsletter the other day.

Hi Hooya,
Thanks for posting that ! As a self confessed TA numpty, I didnt get the gist of the charts, but from the text relating to chart 3, I am correct in assuming that u expect the "decent move" next week to be an upward one? Has the market behaviour since u penned the newsletter changed that view any?

p.s. Looked around the livecharts website but couldn't see any obvious link to to registering for ur newsletters?

tnx :)

Hi guys - back in the fold after ten days yomping in Yorkshire. No screen, no market just good fresh air and coming home to click on and find a few bob in my account - very relaxed way to trade :)

Anyway after a few weeks of confusing and obscure candlesticks it's back to one of my favourite themes of the resistance (in this case) provided by the mid-point of long down candlesticks.

Anyone think the double bottom significant? Or is it just the baseline to Ftsebeater and Hooya's descending triangle waiting to go pop? May see it tested again Monday?

From a volume perspective supply seems to be lessening, but we haven't seen any climactic volume to indicate a bottom yet. Perhaps any darksiders who peep in might tell us if the volume is saying anything.

Good trading all.

Attachments

• ftsef.gif
    ftsef.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 160
FWIW I missed 3 trades by being away from the screen for less than 5 minutes each time-Friday was the first day of clear signals however,so I hope next week will give some good trades-it's not sexy at the moment though,is it?

alliance said:
Oh woe is me :(

My two risky trades took off today and by this afternoon I was over 100 points ahead. Unexpected diversions found me unable to screen watch, (tho I left puter on to check when I got opportunity),so I set what I thot were (to me) very acceptable limits to close trades, @ 360 on ftse and 232 on DJ. Didn't change stops from original ones set @ entry, but then an urgent diversion necessitated me going out........and, as thay say..the rest is history :( Came back to find both trades savaged from earlier highs, both having been within a cats whisker of my limits trigger! *sob*

Still in both trades and counting myself VERY lucky to only be a cpl of points down between both @ IG close!

Live and learn!

Typical, There's never a spike around when you want one.

But at least you live to fight another day.

Who's grinding teeth this weekend.

Regards

bracke

Morning All!

Moved my stops to b/e this morn on both Ftse and Dow trades coz wasn't comfotable being Long. Just been stopped out on Dow :( and close to being kicked outta ftse as I type. Time to sit on my hands methinks ;)

alliance

well b/e is nae so bad against the trend!!

I'm waiting to see what happens as we approach the recent 324 double bottom level.

A case of all eyes on the US, awaiting the next round of earnings reports.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
A case of all eyes on the US, awaiting the next round of earnings reports.

Regards

bracke

also.....
Will the markets get an attack of the nerves in advance of the Greenspan testimony on the US

economy due tomorrow afternoon?

Not at all. Mr Greenspan is a very, very nice man who has stated that he is taking a very gradual approach and will not upset the apple cart but he can't control what companies report or I don't think he can.

Of course all bets are of after the November election. So a nice even improvement in the economy for the rest of the year, one way or the other, would be just what the Bush ordered.

Regards

bracke

barjon said:
well we've bounced at 324 again - anyone long now?

Tempted but still watching US which in turn is watching company results and Mr Greenspan.
Are you?

Regards

bracke