FTSE100 - December 2004

FC and the FTSE - by God it's almost poetry. A pairing made in heaven.

barjon said:
FC and the FTSE

they are my backing singers..

yup, im still thrashing around with mechanical systems...

got a nice monthly system in development at the moment... might share it with you lot one day.

leaves plenty of time to improve my golf game.

got frustrated last night and had a few swings in the living room. got a bit over excited and put a hole in one of my lights. not the smartest move i have ever made... :rolleyes:

FC

got a nice monthly system in development at the moment... might share it with you lot one day.

If you are going to continue posting on this thread no more threats please.

Regards

bracke

FetteredChinos said:
they are my backing singers..

yup, im still thrashing around with mechanical systems...

leaves plenty of time to improve my golf game.

got frustrated last night and had a few swings in the living room. got a bit over excited and put a hole in one of my lights. not the smartest move i have ever made... :rolleyes:

FC

now, now - you know it's only putting and chipping practice in the living room.

if the embryo system looks a goer I might be persuaded to share my infallible putting tip with you.

barjon said:
now, now - you know it's only putting and chipping practice in the living room.

if the embryo system looks a goer I might be persuaded to share my infallible putting tip with you.

let me guess, it involves something about following the trend of the green ?

Yet another day of indecision (consolidation?) around the same old line - that's 12 such days since what appeared to be the decisive break on 11th November. Price also sitting smack in the middle of that newly forming down channel and slightly above the rising support line from August. Also just above the 50dma.

It could still go either way and likely a fast hundred points or more when it does.

News flow suggests down but US sentiment indicators still say up and the laggard DOW STILL has to make that years high to join its brothers (or does it? :( ).

My gut feeling says we're close to a major top - but 'close' could still be 2-5 months and 200+ points away

Bracke

I'll know it when (if) I see it :|

thanks for the big welcome.
i am not bearish at all and waiting to get a clear signal.

good luck with your trades !

Attachments

• ftse.png
    ftse.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 240
Thought I would post this for any looking at E W waives

Attachments

• ftse on 7th.JPG
    ftse on 7th.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 221
Barjon.

What is the best fomat to post charts,the one I just posted is jpeg and its come out small.

Regards

Fluke said:
What is the best fomat to post charts,the one I just posted is jpeg and its come out small.

My browser (MSIE 6.0) provides an icon allowing me to do a single-click enlarge of that one you posted and it's fine then - plenty of detail.

The images I have posted are .gif's

fluke

Like peter I use .gifs. btw the thumbnail of yours looks small but it jumps to full size when you open it (or it does for me anyway).

good trading

jon

Barjon and Peter.

If you both recommend Gif file,I will post some more charts later.What I dont understand is my charts are reproduced so small when they appear on the thread.
I do agree they look Ok when they are enlarged thanks very much both.

Regards

Ref my post @ 30.

Target of 4687 has just been hit,would like to go long now,but Wonder what is going to happen now because some futures end on Friday 17th Dec.

fluke

your wonder is as good as mine :LOL:

if you subscribe to conspiracy theories can't think they'll let it bite the dust just yet - bonuses are at stake!!

good trading

jon

FTSE closes up friday although bears worked quite hard. failure to reach 4670 concludes 5 day target 4740. tough match with bears in this region. high volume rise to 4740 would open door for a quick run to 4830.

Recent price action shows that it's still complying with the downtrend channel that started mid November. Previous high encountered and respected resistance so it will be interesting to see what the next day brings. Reversal to support?

we have seen a hollow rise to 4740. a heavy volume fall immediately followed. not a clear signal for the long term traders so i guess there could be a retest of 4700 and if we get a strong bounce it could breakout of the downtrend channel towards 4800. Both long and short positions must not be ignored because the indexes are unsyncrhonized and the outlook is not very clear.