FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

no real sign of divergence
"O" columns
with aqua "X"

fxxb93.gif

down columns on 5 minute downthrusts since nfp..both same distance away from trendline..ie the lowest "O"
only viable if the distance of lowest "O" nearer the trendline/purple
test of purple at 9476
stops tighetened

Anyone think that the Dow just made an inverse head and shoulder formation.

The prior left hand should was at around 16016...on the 24th Sept....

then we had a low early on the 29th Sept around 15900... then today we just had a low around the 16008 level.

Will we see a rally or will it break down again.

The SPX however does not have a similar pattern...

its right hand shoulder went considerably lower than that of the 1908 low made on the 24th. Making a low today so far of 1894 to 1892 depending which chart one looks at.

Not sure what the low was on the SPX made on the 24th August.
one chart that I look at suggest around 1862...but I am not sure if it came in in Cash market hours or out of hours. When the Dow bottomed it was in cash market hours.

I use a chart from IG Index and their lows were much lower than the true market.
and it shows more of a spike low than what is seen on big charts that just shows the cash market hours.

It shows a low of 1835 compared on IGs charts to 1864 on Big Charts on the SPX

and a low of 15253 on the Dow on IGs chart compared to 15371 on bigcharts.

IGs charts are usually inline with the Cash Markets..from what I belive...but they may suggest they are based upon the nearest futures...or do so when there tends to be extreme moves.

Spike lows can sometimes suggest main lows are in for sometime.

but I think if we see the lows broke made on 29th Sept we could see new lows to come.

Big Charts SPX.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=spx&insttype=&freq=1&show=&time=6

Id like to see a positive move one way or other...I hate all this sideways movement when trying to look for longer term trend moves.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how I can learn a bit about Dentists analysis ? if he is too busy to answer !

Has he wrote descriptions on this thread somewhere ?

or does one just have to try and figure it out ?

he seems to be very popular with his posts.. and if hes getting good results Id like to learn more !

Does he ever do longer term analysis ? 1 week to a month or more ?

not sure if that latest upmove is looking too healthy
1909 is a cluster area on that chart
if it dumps..dax should go with it

Dowsp I think dentist is a short term intraday trader. From what I have gathered he relies on the trend and various levels that he uses with his point and figure charts.

just watch what he does for a few days and try and foloow his method, thats what I am doing anyway!