FTSE 350 Spreadbet Journal

My Petrofac buy stop got filled at 1480 on Friday the 4th March 2011, but I set it at 1470.
I looked at the intraday chart and there seemed to be trading all the way even at 1470, so Im wondering why i had 10pts slippage, or was that the spread also, mmm.
I will call them tomorrow.
I was doing some research last night, and will probably have some more new positions this week.

I called IG this morning, and the difference was the spread plus the guaranteed stop.
All clear now.

My Petrofac position got stopped out for a loss at 1406
I also opened a long position in Easyjet at 370 which is in the red at the minute.
Current P/L £-9.75

Ive been really busy with the horses, so I havent had time to post, but my long on WPP got closed out for a loss of £-11.32
I also opened a long on Easyjet, however I did my calculations wrong and its in the red now to the tune of £-16.26. My risk is just over £10, and part of me says I should close out, and the other part hopes it will get into profit. I read a Zen saying once and it said" to know and not to do is to not yet know"
mmm

Current P/L £-21.07

My Easyjet position has been closed out at a loss of £25, I placed my stop at the wrong place, I only meant to risk £10.
Current P/L £-46.07

I Have some new orders and positions.

My Easyjet order was filled and is in the red at the minute.
Im also SHORT UK Commercial property trust at 78.07 and that is also in the red.
Im Long Greene King at 445 and thats in the black at the minute.

I have a buy order on Spirent Communications at 142
and 3i Infrastucture at 120.37

Im currently using City Index.

Current P/L -£62.93

Open Positions on City Index
Greene King Long @ 445.00
EasyJet Long @ 345.00
UK Commercial Property Trust Short @ 78.07
Endinburgh Investment Trust Long @ 460.37
International Personal Finance Long @ 351.81
Murray International Trust Long @ 950.00
Tullett Prebon Long @ 416.58
Morgan Crucible Long @ 297.30
Mitie Group Long @ 211.70

New open position on the 28th April
Spirent Communications plc LONG @ 142.00
Got stopped out of my UK Commercial property trust position.
Current P/L £-107.53

Closed my Easyjet position today at a small profit.
I shouldnt have bought them really, they are well below the 200DMA and seemed to be in a range which I was buying into.
Current P/L £-80.25

Got Closed out on my Tullett Prebon position for a loss, I had tightened my stop loss a bit after the price had risen.
Current P/L £-92.77

I tightened up my stoplosses in mid may
My Green King position got closed out for a small profit.
My Morgan crucible position got closed out at just under break even.
My Queniti Group position got closed out at a loss.
Current P/L £ -109.42

Ive had a busy summer with the ponies, so ive been neglecting my portfolio, I wasnt monitering my positions very well and when the mini crash happenned a while back I hadnt adjusted my stop losses on my longs so I left money on the table and all the longs were stopped out.
I had two sell stops waiting, on Britvic and Halfords so they were filled and finished in profit, I rolled them over and they are making a slight loss now .
I have opened two new shorts today.
Berendsen PLC
Aberforth Smaller Companies

Current P/L -£82

Hello,
Just read the whole thread, keep going!

I have a somewhat similar style. Use sharescope to scan through the FTSE 350 and look for stocks crossing/above/below certain mving averages. I spend an hour or two every evening on this.

At the moment I'm finding it difficult as it seems it doesnt matter what the individual stock is it will only move, generally, in the direction of its index. In the FTSE 100/350's case anyway. Its gonna be a loong road :|